Pet Peeve: The Undying

Honestly, I can’t blame people. That’s how you very quickly get everyone-speaks-every-language syndrome. I do agree that it’s in bad taste if it’s just a regular conversation being held in public, but generally speaking its great for keeping things subtle, when necessary.

3 Likes

I basically never use racial languages because I normally RP in groups which have a pretty wide variety of races and it doesn’t make much sense to only talk to the one other character who is a Gnome/Elf/Dwarf/Goblin.

I don’t really mind it if I find myself surrounded by Elves and they speak to each other in elf for example. Some of the characters get pretty steamed but I’m fairly chill about it.

1 Like

Yeah, same with orcs which was fixed.

The gnome fix was remove the adorable smile, but the males retained theirs.

ALL I FEEL IS RAGE!!

To expand on this, what I mean with this is every 20-30 something character suddenly speaking Common, Thalassian, Darnassian, Demonic, Shath’Yar, Orcish, Zandali, etc. Or worse, they don’t speak that language (well) at all, but just so happen to have enough of a basic grasp to understand everything you say anyway.

I already see it happen on the reg, way I see it, only thing keeping it in check is the in-game language barrier.

1 Like

I get the most ridiculous lag spike when I switch shard to join a group and sometimes it leads to me missing the death of whichever boss or creature we’re meant to kill.

Yeah but what if I want to RP a raaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyzist that constantly calls the Orcs a over sized bogey in their faces?

It’s also a ton of fun to trashtalk your fellow Dwarf in Dwarvish while you put up a polite front for everyone to see in common.

3 Likes

Just like how we don’t have a resource problem with the gobal food supply but a distribution problem. Incentives exist to grow all the wheat for all the bread people could possibly need but said wheat is left to rot in piles because it’s the production, not redistribution that’s emphasised and rewarded.

Lifting people out of poverty demands massive reforms and changed priorities and I’m not optimistic that mankind will figure that out without the pressure of an ongoing collapse. The threat of it is actively denied for profit already.

Prosperity does stabilise birthrates but other factors like social pressures, anxieties, culture and faith accelerate them.

Peever:

Needing to do stuff but being an immobile mummy for most of the day due to illness. Not only do things not get done but more things add up as time to do them slips away.

1 Like

Here’s a peeve, I just snatched up the fire sword artifact thingermajig in mage’s Legion quests, and yet two more NPCs rear their heads who seem to have known about the new LK all along.

Is there ANYONE on Azeroth who DIDN’T know? Did they just straight up drop the entire 'haha no one must know xD :wink: ’ plot point?

4 Likes

As far as I know I think it is still only a handful that knows, namely the Deathlord and the Ebon Blade, Aethas and Modera ( I think it was her in the firemage quest) and Tirion Fordring, who is now dead, and -maaaaaybe- some other Argent Crusaders that were actually at the assault. Only certain about the first three.

Edit: And I probably should add Sylvanas, Baine, Talanji and Vol’jin’s ghost to that…

Okay that is not just a handful anymore…

1 Like

Varian knew as well, and Jaina. Sylvanas too. And Darion Mograine.
That makes eight.

Then it’s not a secret anymore. It’s information.

7 Likes

yes, exactly.

Not to mention that Sylv, Baine, etc seemed completely unsurprised to hear from Bwon that LK might have been involved in Vol’jin’s fate. Or, particularly, unsurprised by the fact that there still is an LK.

but it was totally super duper secret lol, best writing consistency.

3 Likes

Idk it’s always been an assumption of mine that faction leaders and the Ebons knew about it, but that it’s at best a rumour for the general populace.

2 Likes

Directly from wowpedia Bolvar Fordragon page:

" Even though he asked Tirion not to tell anyone about his fate, some other characters know about him, including Darion Mograine, Varian Wrynn and Jaina Proudmoore. Bishop Farthing, and Bishop Arthur after him, both claim to have heard some “nasty rumors” about Lord Bolvar.

• After killing Archbishop Benedictus in the Hour of Twilight, you get the option of talking to Bishop Farthing within the Cathedral of Light. He dismisses claims of Benedictus’ betrayal as mere rumours, and makes a mention that there has been similar rumors of Bolvar’s current identity circulating in Stormwind.Aethas Sunreaver told Archmage Modera that “nothing happens in Icecrown unknown to “Him”. That means that they both know there is a new Lich King but if they know it’s Bolvar is unknown.”
2 Likes

This would be sensible, but it seems to just be anyone Blizz feels like. And the secrecy of it is never mentioned even once.

1 Like

What does Chronicles say about that event, or have they not reached it yet? Just wondering if the exchange happened after the adventurers left or while they were still awkwardly watching.

It’s a conspiracy! Holy Light can’t melt Shadowfrost! Wake up, sheepl… is poymorphed into a silent and obedient sheep

I think the Champions were still there if I read Chronicles right.

All that was left was to decide how to deal with the remnants of the Scourge. Terenas told Tirion Fordring and his champions that without a powerful consciousness controlling the undead, the creatures would run amok and cause unimaginable damage to the world.

So I think that they were still there.

2 Likes

Pet peeve:

I miss Dudflex. He was the only one in the forums that understood the art of gachi. Since that one time I saw him ingame he never made another post in the forums. Was he banned or was he simply a spark of my own imagination?

Personally I believe the second.

3 Likes

You’d love my guild.