Pet Peeve: The Undying

Player choice but also you think that you do but you don’t

4 Likes

Would be good if they offer a glyph or the ability to mog them into one handed or two handed to be honest…

Yeah, pretty much. Dual-wielding is rarely if ever used in actual combat - your second hand either holds a shield or a two-handed weapon. Normally a spear!

SMF shouldn’t be a thing, as it was an awful thing; we should just be able to transmog one-handed weapons.

2 Likes

See? I’d be fine with this too, just let me freaking get the look I want.

How dare you.

It was the greatest thing ever, far better than the stupid Titan’s Grip garbage nobody asked for to begin with. Remove Titan’s Grip, it’s stupid and lame.

2 Likes

The aesthetic choice is important; it’s just not served by adding the mechanical side of it. Having to keep four weapons to make sure I am doing the best I can is a pretty bad scenario when I’ve been struggling to keep one weapon up to date.

Well, you never had to use one or the other.

If you liked Titan’s Grip, go Titan’s Grip.
Same with Single-Minded Fury, which is what I used in MoP, even though it was slightly worse than TG, I still prefered it.

I seem to remember Titan’s Grip was originally a meme talent from a Burning Crusade expansion leak that proved false, and then they actually added it in Lich King.

I personally didn’t like the idea of it, because I can imagine very few races that would realistically wield two massive weapons. Looks whack on Gnomes for example.

That’s why I removed my gnome warrior ‘‘Micka’’, and started to level this one instead, as it doesn’t look as stupid. :laughing:

No-one was holding a gun to your head, but one was usually better DPS than the other and it often varied and was a pain to balance.

Not to mention that the fact that it is relatively easy to switch between Arms and Fury by just finding a second 2h weapon makes for a better experience.

Not to mention that taking choice away (by removing Titan’s Grip) is objectively worse than adding choice (allowing 1h transmogs of 2h weapons).

Then you’ll know how it felt by removing SMF as a choice.

But yes, they should add the option to transmog 2h into 1h as Fury.

Transmog is the ideal solution. Best of both worlds easily.

I played a 2h enchancement shaman in Vanilla and a 2h Frost DK in Wrath. You know nothing, jon snow

1 Like

That doesn’t make it better. If anything it makes it worse that they’ve removed stuff.

I’m all for 2h/DW DKs, and 2h Enhancement (which is what I want tbh).

The removal of 2H frost remains to this day the sole reason I don’t play Death Knights. It was the only way I wanted to play and now it’s gone.

1 Like

The times when DKs could tank or DPS as any spec were a fun time but also really unhealthy.

I’d personally make some changes to specs if I was in charge - making BM the melee spec instead of Survival and Unholy the dual-wield spec instead of Frost, to give two easy examples - but there’s too much inertia in terms of spec feel and development time for that kind of radical change to be done any time soon.

Like it should’ve been.

Stares at Rexxar, a Beastmaster

3 Likes

Let me make some phone calls to my Uncle. :phone::male_detective:

2 Likes

That comes back to spec feel. Survival got all of the melee tools in Vanilla, so it was the most obvious choice when it came to making a change to Hunters. The question they were asking wasn’t ‘how do we give Hunters a melee spec?’ per se, but ‘how do we differentiate Survival as a spec for Legion?’

TBH though I feel like whoever holds the responsibility of class design now is taking a poisoned chalice. I wouldn’t wish that job upon anyone these days.

1 Like