Pet Peeve: The Undying

Yup, I’ll take that fail. :slight_smile:

I’m not the best speaker irl either, so sometimes I’ll Word things badly. :3

1 Like

Listen here Coldshade, I don’t have to take this from you. You’re on borrowed time.

1 Like

So are you, hamburger.

Woah there, not sure that kind of derogatory language is acceptable in 2019. Also why aren’t you a Goblin anymore.

It depends on the content too. If we’re talking high-end content like really high m+ and mythic raiding (not necessarily cutting/bleeding edge) then I’d say 30-40% is when I think I would start having second thoughts about bringing the weaker spec.

Context is important, too. I am not going to make a DH/Rogue/Warrior tank/mage/misc healer for every M+, but I am also not going to laud the person who pressed the ‘I do 5% less damage’ button.

Not a vanilla spec but I -really- want Gladiator warrior from WoD back. Sword and shield dps was alot of fun.

5 Likes

Prot needs a total overhaul of its spec fantasy, I think.

Or maybe it’s just me who really dislikes thunder clap as an ability. Defensive swordplay should be the spec’s ability focus, not having most of your damage come from endlessly stomping the ground like a spoiled five-year old throwing a tantrum.

Also prot needs to yell less. Seriously. Pandas have an awesome warcry but when you hear it every 3 seconds for every fight ever it gets OLD.

2 Likes

Personally I’m very happy with my main spec of choice atm.

Visual representation of survival hunter PvP:

https://tenor.com/WvfJ.gif

granted i’d probably complain if i was on the receiving end

Survival pvp was best in legion, change my mind.

Having a gazillion keybinds for every conceivable situation was kinda fun.

Maybe it’s just because so many specs are needlessly dumbed down.

Oddly enough the fact that I yell all the time while fighting is one of the highlights

AAAAAAAAAARGH

Yet another thing I loved in Legion: Battle Cry.

When a warrior roared, you knew big damage was coming.

It was okay, but I didn’t really care for it much then. The changes they made to survival in BFA made it my favourite spec since WoD enhancement shaman. Come to think of it the current state of survival plays a lot like enhance back then with your ridiculous burst, speed and your CDs turning you into a semi-ranged spec that deletes people from the game.

Even healers.

https://i.gyazo.com/a0076fc0e3733931939e257b18140c7c.png

It got to the point where I was afking in warmode in the Alliance base in Nazjatar for hours with a bounty on and I had to log out because it got boring not dying once.

I’m a little short of tour of duty now

Fully agreed! Pity it was hard to balance - either the damage is weak and then it is not picked, or the damage is adequate and then it is always picked for the extra resilience.

2 Likes

While I’ve given fire a lot of complaints ever since I’ve reached 120 level and lost access to all of the Legion stuff, right now fire mage is a pleasant spec and doesn’t feel as if a part of it was lacking. The new Lucid Dreams essence allows you to keep a steady supply of hot streaks pretty much all the time and the blaster master azerite traits make the spec fairly challenging to play to the best of your ability, thanks to having to micro-manage the mastery buff from fireblasts.

Arms warrior is awful right now and I hate it, but I want to play it because it’s my favourite warrior spec. But that’s just the way it be.

Why is it awful? It’s very strong right now and plays well.

To be fair I have heard the mastery change in 8.2 made it better, but I only played long enough to get the Tauren heritage armour and then peaced out. The problem for me is that I recently tried fury because I was struggling with the brawlers guild and it made life so much easier. That health regen is no joke, edges out any minor DPS advantage that arms might give.

This isn’t me min maxing either, it was a noticeable difference that made switching back to arms a difficult prospect. I ultimately will because like I said, its my preferred spec, but not yet.

Ah, the self healing is the big difference. Arms’s strength is in the ability to apply a ton of pressure very quickly and it does a _lot_of damage right now.

With 3x Crushing Assault I’m hitting 140k Slam crits, it’s nuts

It’s a shame that stacking the same trait makes you lose out on the secondary effects, as they do not stack. That said, yes, crushing assault (and lord of war for aoe) can make for some nice numbers.