Pet Peeve: The Undying

Ah man, that’s a blast from the past. Good times.

The mechanocat colours are not accountwide.

That’s right, you can grind your butt off to get the colour you want on your main (I have killed crazed trogg every day, he has yet to drop the green vial) and then you have to do it all over again on every alt you want the same colour on.

FFS blizzard.

3 Likes

Yeah, I was a bit disappointed in that… but eh, I got the Spidertonk, and its 1000x times cooler than the cat.

Pet peeve: The Tauren heritage questline. Sry Blizz, but sparing a super evil and violent spirit due to BalanceTM and having it being said by CAIRNE of all people almost made me threw up. What kind of idiot wrote this garbage?

At least Baine was portrayed in a good way so there’s that…

6 Likes

Yeah using the Tauren to promote your upcoming shadowland/void storylines is a bit lame. How about using a race that dabble in that kind of stuff.

I can see what they were going for with the balance theme, but it fell flat and just felt out of character for the race.

6 Likes

Hey, at least we got to see and hear (love his voice) Cairne again… :<

What’s even more insulting is that aside from the spiritwalker stuff, this storyline was almost so generic that any other tribal race could have gotten it. This would have worked out ten times better for the trolls than the Tauren with all the Bwonsamdi stuff.

But nope, Blizz just showed yet again that they don’t give a crap about the Tauren. Compared to the Blood elf heritage questline, this is a major letdown.

3 Likes

Yeah but they screwed him up. We could have gotten him to aid us against the evil spirit from the spirit realm and fight alongside Baine, his son to vanquish this evil being. But nope, spare it Baine because balanceTM.

1 Like

I think it’s important that Blizzard iterate and add to lore for races from time to time, the addition of sun worship to the Tauren people in Cataclysm felt interesting and thematic and was a good way of introducing the Paladin and Priest classes. Still would like unique animations but w/e, at least there was some vaguely interesting Sunwalker motifs in armour and the mounts.

But I am not convinced that this one is thematic outside of the very tenuous “balance” link.

Killing Cairne was a mistake…

1 Like

Killing alot of characters was a mistake, or bringing back others (looking at you Illidaddy and Derek).

1 Like

It’s not. Like I said, this could have been given to orcs or trolls and it wouldn’t change a thing aside from the spiritwalker stuff.

This would have worked so much better for trolls actually, due to their connection to Bwonsamdi.

4 Likes

Me neither. The artwork is amazing to me and I love the nooks and crannies and the eye for detail that went into them. Also for example the flavor text on grey items is often funny, or moving, or intriguing… it’s very obvious there’s a lot of passion on the side of the creators, and also an interest in how we, players of the game, will enjoy it once we bump into it. It’s one of the things that always lure me back after a break.

I have noticed tho that a lot of people, even when they are obviously unhappy about the game, will praise the art and music teams. I wish Blizzard would have that same eye for detail with their storytelling, something is def off in that department it seems.

2 Likes

Maybe if they fire Afrasiabi the storytelling quality will rise. If he was behind the Tauren heritage questline, I wouldn’t feel sorry if he gets fired.

In fact, the entire story team should get fired at this point. BfA story is an embarrassment on every possible level. I’ll take WoD crap over this anyway. At least that could have been somewhat ignored.

Give me Metzen back.

I remember when Metzen was treated as the worst thing to ever happen to storytelling, now people are wanting him back.

What a time to be alive.

1 Like

Well, the outrage he recieved is nothing compared to now.

something something continuity something something tie the hands of creators

1 Like

People hated on Metzen when he was still around because of the direction the story was going in, but after he left they want him back. The Green Jesus Cataclysm storyline was a particular sore point if I remember.

I love Metzen, he is an excellent example of what made Blizzard great. He wore his passion for the setting on his sleeve and was so good at hyping stuff up even if it sounded a bit lame. He was a great frontman and it’s without denying that his is responsible for some of Blizzard’s best stories and characters, but people look back on him like his story direction was amazing which wasn’t always the case.

Tbh though he’s definitely better than what we’ve got going on at the moment, glad to see Thrall back in town just to get that dudes sweet voice back. Also yeah he had a penchant for voicing all of the characters at one point which wound me up.

3 Likes

The main thing I dislike about Blizzard storytelling is the apparent disinterest or, lack of bother to introduce more flair or background information about the climate of the world through something quite easy like NPC placements, speech bubbles or just click-on characters. The world of Warcraft continually feels jumbled between the present and the past, with no concise, progressed present that I think should at the very least be occuring in capital cities.

It bothers me that we see Night Elves and Worgen on the streets of Stormwind City, making camps, yet the dialogue we get from there is lamentation that they’re hard-off and haven’t got anything, but I would like to know how humans in general feel about the outsiders that flock the city, whether all the inns are filled, if they have an animosity or are greeting them into their homes in an unprecedented show of hospitality. All of this is floated over and ignored, and it’s left to the subjugation of guessing. I want to know how tauren in general feel about Baine being back, or about what they contributed in doing to Teldrassil. Do they justify it in the fact they didn’t know? Are they happy Baine is back, or worried about their safety?

It really isn’t much to add that little flavour of character to a species in-game, but I think and feel it would add a lot of substance and make the lore of this expansion just a little bit better if we could hear things that sound plausible. Like, humans not liking the night elves, or night elves feeling more pissed off they aren’t getting any help despite their years of service to the Alliance. Remove some of the Valley of Wisdom NPCs, with some saying they’ve “returned to Thunder Bluff”. Start inciting and enticing the division that’s coming, and SHOULD be coming between both factions. I know the Alliance are perfect, but it would be cool to see both Horde and Alliance starting to split at the seams because of this war, not just the tried and tested “Horde rebels v evil leader”.

2 Likes