Pet Peeve: Wrath of the 20K Post Cap

My peeve today is that my start date for my new job has been postponed indefinitely. Cheers, Covid-19! :woozy_face:

Finished KOTOR. Apparently I missed a chance to get Revan’s robe at the end of the game. That sucks a lot.

2 Likes

It’s interesting when you read about psychological stuff and go ‘Oh wow, that’s true! I have seen that!’

Like, there’s two things I came across while reading yesterday that I definitely remember seeing on the internet, even here on AD.

The first one is a concept whose name I don’t remember, but it’s basically a normalisation of abuse:

Everyone in group A treats each other badly, harsh words and behaviour. They then treat group B badly too. If someone from group B asks to not be treated badly, group A responds they treat everyone badly, and are treated badly themselves, so group B is accused of just wanting undue special treatment.

I remember seeing that one in school but it’s definitely recognisable online too.

The other is the rule-breaking narcissist type, I don’t remember the proper term for it either but it’s basically people who enjoy getting away with violating rules and social norms. In real life it can be things like cutting in line, stealing office supplies, breaking traffic laws and skipping appointments. Again, very recognisable online as well.

4 Likes

This usually relates to online “banter”, yeah. It’s something I’ve identified in my own behaviour in the past, so I actively try to police myself on it. If someone doesn’t find something funny, or if it actively upsets them, it is far better to stop it rather than assert that you’re okay with it, so everyone else should be too.

3 Likes

What does PCU mean?

2 Likes

Honestly it’s why low level mischief is the superior form of humour.

1 Like

Nah, I’ll abuse you and you’ll take it.

As it was always meant to be.

tired: being mean to everyone and insisting it’s just your humour
wired: relating to other people exclusively through the discovery a song you liked when you were 9 is about being stuck in a dead-end job you hate
hired: accusing someone else of wanting feet pics at all times

Why does Aerilen want feet pics all the time :unamused:

2 Likes

It’s been three weeks Takkihira, where is the Blood Knight Character and where is their Jasserai face mask? You don’t want to make me angry…

he messaged me yesterday asking if i wanted to shrink his character down and put him in her sandals :flushed:

i-i’m working on it i swear i’m just capping my warrior!!!

may i offer you this blue gal in apology for i have been tempted to a path of sin
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/417826954495000576/691332045175259216/0c77fe15b6666f012f6c2cca6a0f5661.png

I bite my thumb at you, sir.

I think he’d settle for an elbow or a peek of ankle at this point

Shouldn’t do that. It’s gonna sting when you put hand sanitizer.

In a perfect world men like Aerilen would not exist

but this is not a perfect world

1 Like

It’s the dream tbh, I long for the perfect world.

In a perfect world, government mandated catgirl gfs would eliminate a sad existence such as his, truly

Liberals destroyed?

:pensive: