Pet Peeve: Wrath of the 20K Post Cap

If it was just one, maybe. It’s a consistent pattern with her though.

2 Likes

The “knife a nonce” spam needs to stop.

Pretty much.

That, and she did what was vaguely progressive in the 90s and early 00s, but the world has moved on past ‘there is One Gay’ being mind-blowing.

It’s gonna be amusing to see the TERF war. It will be the closest thing to Roman Coliseum in this modern era.

The random “lore tidbits” she drops is a desperate attempt to stay relevant and keep her a household name.

As far as kids books go the first few are pretty good, but during and after OotP it started getting a bit… eh.

And the films followed a similar trend. Particularly for basically re-writing Ron and giving all his best parts and moments to Hermione instead.

1 Like

did my boy dirty

no wonder film viewers thought hermione was better with harry

‘‘I never wrote that Hermione was white.’’

Literally wrote that she was fair skinned.

4 Likes

I love how she goes about it.
Politics aside, it’s just funny to see the Fandom turning against her… Bringing the question of “Does art belong to its creator or the community who find said piece of art beloved?”.

The latter.

Death of the Author is the only valid lens to evaluate media and I will not be accepting criticism of this

Love how all the old artwork has her white too.
There are plenty of non white characters anyway.

1 Like

As far as I’m concerned the play is non-canon and never happened.

Because in the films, she more or less was. In the books they stress that she struggles under pressure (“ARE YOU A WITCH OR WHAT?!”) but in the films she’s doing Gears of War cover shooting with her wand like the big bois. God forbid a female character be flawed beyond being “Marginally smug because they’re super smart” :roll_eyes:. (ftr: I am in favour of positive female characters, but there is such a thing as TOO positive when it comes to character writing, and that goes for both dudes and gals, I’d be complaining too if Ron was doing all the brainiac stuff and Hermione was reduced to a walking water fountain that did nothing but whine)

You and the rest of the world, except JK Rowling.

1 Like

It exists to be ignored.

3 Likes

I can accept that the piece of art does belong to the author and he can do whatever he wants with it.

However when said piece of art goes into the public sphere… Ah things are particularly different. Especially if said item has millions of fan across the world. I doubt the creator, in this case JK, can fight the millions of fans who just really do not care wether Dumbledore was gay or not… Wether Hermione wasn’t white or another ethnicity or things like that.

The movies are all out, the books are still available and probably unchanged. You lose JK… No amount of weird unnecessary changes from your mouth will change any of that.

First few bits: “Hey this is pretty good”
The rest: “Wait is this an adaptation of a fanfic?”

Remember Fantastic Beasts, where it’s implied that Grindlewald was trying to prevent the Holocaust?

I remember.

(also probably don’t want to make it explicit that wizards could have stopped the Holocaust but chose not to)

Imagine hating Muggles so much you don’t prevent a genocide.

1 Like

It’s not hating, it’s caring less

If only she’d had decades to think up her universe and how wizards might change history.

Poor JK, being thrown into Fantastic Beasts 2: The Crimes of Grindelwald as her first ever piece of media in the Harry Potter universe.

1 Like

There was apparently only one Jew in Hogwarts so no big deal to them I guess

1 Like