Pet Peeve: Wrath of the 20K Post Cap

You’re giving me… Temptations to make outrageous jokes.

But this is not the place for them. I shall remain silent.

A lot of authors tend to fall into this trap, they write what’s important NOW and don’t reflect on how their own alterations to reality can impact the past.

Also, I didn’t see the FB movies, is it true McGonnagell is there but she’s still old as heck despite it being like 60 years ago?

Young McGonnagall looked, well, young to me

https://qph.fs.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-0ba579842b51e2fa5f10479a88bc837c

hey remember when JK made the goblins clearly jewish coded and then had them run all the wizarding banks? Not questionable at all there.

She’s not old, but she is there before she should have been born.

http://www.mugglenet.com/2018/12/the-perplexity-of-reconciling-mcgonagalls-appearance-in-crimes-of-grindelwald/ here’s a nerd talking about it a bunch.

TL;DR though is it was basically fanservice.

2 Likes

Yeah but if I remember that then I have to look at how goblins are portrayed in WoW and

y i k e s

7 Likes

“But look at the goblins in Uldum, they are clearly not like that at all!”

Someone will say, while it’s even more yikes.

2 Likes

Okay, but what if we then had the Jewish Wizard in Fantastic Beasts 2 decide to side with Grindelwald who is definitely not a nuzi? Would that be problem?

Also, the secret third brother of dumbledore and also mind control forced pregnancy.

I just wanted a fun adventure with magical animals yo

1 Like

Did I miss something?

Leta Lestrange (Zoe Kravitz) was conceived when her Lestrange dad used the Imperius curse on her mum to have sex with her.

Wasn’t the original book just that like relativly short(only a couple of 100 pages) lexicon on weird magical creatures? Like categorised after lethality and raririty etc.

Cus I quite liked that book, and they could have done so much more with it other than basically “Hobbit the movie, but for HP”

Didn’t J.K. Rowling plagiarize the foundation for her HP universe anyway? I mean, that kind of devalues her contributions as a creator then and there.

I can’t remember the details, but I recall the author of the franchise she stole from saying something to the effect of “I just wish she could’ve cited me as a source of inspiration”.

1 Like

The Mundie character truly was the highlight of FB

The Worst Witch, which was released -way- before HP is more or less what 95% of the HP books comes from directly. But JK pretends it didnt exist at all.

For a video game/internet comparison, JK is Irate Gamer vs Avgn.

2 Likes

I liked how they wiped his memory at the end of the first film as a kind of bittersweet victory, but then he actually just got his memories back next film.

nailed it

2 Likes

FB should have been a standalone movie god

2 Likes

Oh, that credit scene is lovely. I loved the books dearly (still do), I should really watch the episodes.

Yep, the Book of Dust is the name of the new trilogy! Currently “La Belle Sauvage” t1 and “The Secret Commonwealth” t2. (It happens approximatly ~20 years after the end of the His Dark Materials trilogy)

Speaking of series, I am also awaiting news for the adaptation of The Wheel of Time. I hope it will be good, I doubt that book will get another shot at it in a long time otherwise. (I learned english because of that book, I’m invested)

Can’t believe we still live in a time where we don’t get all the episodes in one go. Netflix spoiled us.

Waiting every week for an episode is so :worried:

Size fetishists, I’m sure.

I’ve had a WoW and steam buddy gone for several years. No internet activity at all. I’m sort of worried every time I see their quiet, offline profile.

People are bad at lore and see them wear and use spooky looking things when in fact it’s all classic druid Life magic to balance the Death of the Coven. There’s just confusing because they openly embrace a cycle of life thing with respect for natural death which technically every druid ought to.

Now I’m curious but can’t know vital truths because moderation.

In my heart of hearts they’ll always be dreadlocked aliens cruising the universe for trophy skulls.

Lewd.

How to make gamers and Gamers alike bristle in revulsion in perfect synchronicity.

Ew. Not unture, I caught onto the formula and just couldn’t finish the books, ending after the goblet of fire. Character exchanges were pageturners but the bigger picture of repetition made things too samey.

Wasn’t miss Hermaeus Mora a clumsy metaphor for struggling with racism anyway?

Not having been too exposed to this new material, I’m now glad I wasn’t.

Yikes. Yikes. Can’t pursue this further. After the success of fifty shades of twilight fanfiction I’m hypersensitive to spotting author kinks.

3 Likes

Levey dropping quote/response walls like a new hot album.

3 Likes

I’ve only had Netflix for a few weeks in my entire life so waiting a week for a new episode is fine for me.

La Belle Sauvage is its subtitle. The Book of Dust takes up most the front cover though.

EDIT: The Book of Dust part is shiney so it reflects light into my eye occasionally from where its standing, kind of annoying.