Pet Peeve: Wrath of the 20K Post Cap

It’s an interesting conflict, because I’m British and my wife is Italian.

You’d be surprised at some of the weird stuff Italians do with their own food though. Chips (fries) on pizza sounds like something an Italian would hate and something America would do, and yet it’s there and it’s widespread.

Apple on pizza sounds heretical but is actually pretty good

1 Like

Oranges on Pizza.

oh they’re awful.

2 Likes

This is a cursed thread already

4 Likes

I tolerate pineapple on pizza. I can’t imagine regular apples though, but then I’m from a village with its own local type of apple so any apple that isn’t fresh or a jam/pie is innately weird to me, like I’m in the ultraorthodox camp of apples.

On the subject of Macca’s straws, I went there for lunch yesterday. I didn’t get any straw, period, but my coke did have a plastic lid on it.

Just… why? The only purpose of that lid seems to be to hold the straw. Why take away the plastic straw but keep the even-larger plastic lid?

spaghetti loops are basically the same as baked beans, which are very commonly put on toast in the UK

1 Like

Shout out if you ever enjoyed one of these bad boys. I know I did.

1 Like

what the feck

I was very, very drunk the last time I had a pizza with baked beans

I could not tell you what it tasted like

“This entire city must be purged.

Do you want me to commit suicide. This is how it happens. You show me this and ask me to believe its real.

Oh it’s real.

I had one, and for the life of me I can’t remember if it was good or bad. But when you see something like that on the shelf in your supermarket it has to be tried.

My mexican/navajo ancestors say:

tortilla chips on pizza :tired_face: :ok_hand:

1 Like

Started talking about these baked bean pizzas. Apparently one of my colleagues had one and says they were good, because they dropped most of the bean sauce so really it was just like…tomato sauce+white beans+cheese.

I had a “chip pizza” before from a takeout at uni. It was called a London Pizza and honestly it was the saddest thing I’ve ever eaten. It was basically just a serving of cheap takeout chips dumped ontop of a lukewarm cheese+tomato pizza.

2 Likes

There’s a pizza in my town called The Wall which is tiny hamburgers on one half, a ‘wall’ of tortilla chips down the middle, and I think mini taco shells on the other half

1 Like

It’s a bit more classy in Italy, fortunately.

So I recently had a bit of a meme-y situation on my hands and I could use people’s wisdom here.

You know the Chrome tab meme? It is exagerrated but not so much. Ever since yesterday whatever game I tried playing made my PC froze, Chrome crashing and all the games I tried, no matter how low settings and their requirements was an instant crash (the games only, not PC.)

Opened task manager and saw Chrome eating most of the CPU and Memory. I tried playing without Chrome and other programs. Same situation.

Went into a good old purge of PC, followed by updating every possible pilot. Well turns out one of them had my entire system 64… Idk, go into the BIOS thingy and I didn’t get any of that.

It works now… Somehow… But if someone could gimme a clear and concise step by step procedure to make sure everything is alright, that’d be crazy nice of you.

All this talk of English crimes against pizza almost makes me a hardcore Brexiteer. In fact, I am now in favour of just sinking the UK into the Atlantic.

Back on regular peeves: Another week of running the same raid 6 times in a row without getting the one item left for my Dark Iron’s mog. Fsh.

Use CCleaner for files/registry/bad hooks.
Use Prime95 for memory testing.
Use sfc/scan now for the drive.

That’s all you ever need to do if it’s software related, apart from uninstalling the offending software.

3 Likes