Pet peeves: The return (Part 1)

Arcane is supposedly the lowest performing DPS spec at the moment, with only frost mage above it. Fire mage, on the other hand, is #3 from the top.

Huh. I’ll have to check how I sim again once I’m done getting mad at having to be in an Ashran game

1 Like

Taken from the WoW sub-reddit, these are the DPS standings for Castle Nathria this week:
https://i.redd.it/fihw7wmabib61.png

Afflication warlocks that good? I have a warlock myself but haven’y even remotely tapped into it.

Very good, but also very difficult to play well. Again, supposedly. I’m a very casual player, and only repeating what I’ve read elsewhere.

Been playing warlock since start if Legion, I followed rotation rather well, but I have no idea if that has really changed since BFA, since I only leveled my warlock in the pervious expansion.

Don’t tell me rotiation has drasically changed since Legion.

3,740 DPS

Night Elf Arcane Mage

3,294 DPS

Night Elf Fire Mage

3,740 DPS

Night Elf Frost Mage

//

:angry: :angry: :angry:

It’s great in terms of numbers but also pure dogpoo in terms of rotation and general gameplay. It’s one of the least fun specs from every class atm.

1 Like

Damn… I love my warlock, in fact it felt GREAT in Legion, mechanic wise. Role-play wise I am in love with it.

Oh well, I will have to continue leveling my warlock to see for myself, but I take everyone’s word for it at the moment.

Sorry… so hung up how great warlock was during Legion.

My pet peeve is that you can no longer make priest’s voidform look the same as sub rogues shadowdance.

I just want the purple outline back, I don’t wanna be a cloud of bad thoughts and destructive tendencies :frowning:

1 Like

Fire has this tendency to require very specific gear to work and in PvE, you have to be Night Fae if you want to perform as fire. The ability is just this impactful.

I guess I can now return to blessed frost mage life; it’ll do for now. Might just stick with it, because I’m never going to be more than casual and it’s more fun than arcane.

I am Night Fae, to be fair. I was trying to gear for Fire for a while, but it doesn’t seem to have worked out. What are the stat priorities?

You’ll be disappointed with the flow and feel of the spec if you’re comparing to Affliction from Legion, not to mention being useless in m+ unless you are doing 16+ keys.

Awwwwwww, say it ain’t so! I strived on affliction! I did swith to destrtuction towards the end of Legion.

I have tried doing m+ and honestly, despite how it sounds I can’t handle the toxcity of the people there.

It’s so much not about stat priorities, but you just need the infernal cascade conduit and the badge trinket from PvP. You also want to play rune of power and kindling in your talent tree, as to benefit the most out of being Fae and having the infernal cascade conduit. As far as stats are concerned, you just want anything that’s not crit and usually higher ilvl = upgrade.

Ah right, fair. I’m a bit allergic to the Rune of Power talent honestly, hate it, so fire’s probably not for me.

2 Likes

Fire’s pretty much a “use combustion, do some big damage and then chill for 1-1.5 minutes” spec. Not everyone’s thing.

I just stuck with Destruction to spite the status quo and it turned out surprisingly well.

Then I saw how my raw numbers compared to AFflocks at a similar ilvl (and other ranged dps on lower) and I just started gearing my MM hunter instead.

1 Like

At the current moment what would you recomment in Shadowlands? Affliction or Destruction?