Phishing Emails Claiming Gift Sent

Just had a scam / phishing email saying a friend had gifted me a mount, was very convincing as didn’t show true sender but as no reply battlecom but the code in the email was obviously fake and too long in numbers with no breaks in between. Obviously not clicked on, probably links to trojan etc, got it reported to email provider and was removed.

Just fyi seems they are doing the rounds again.

You can also forward these to Hacks@Blizzard.com, there might be a copy left in your deleted messages tab.

But good job not falling for it =3 never put your password other then the trusted site!

1 Like

Hey Troneon,

Thank you for the heads up. If ever in doubt, it is always best to ignore the email (even delete right away) and contact Support directly for information first. Never click on links in emails either, if it asks you to log into something, go to the website directly yourself instead.

We have a support article dedicated to this as well: Received a Suspicious Email From Blizzard (Phishing)

Have a few seconds to spare? Let me know how I’m doing!

I wonder how they know your e-mail and that you are playing the game so he can lure you using free gifts etc. If you didn’t give that e-mail to anyone where they are taking our addresses from?

Probably a data breach we weren’t told about.

they do not, i have about 3 different Emails, and only 1 I use for wow and other wow stuff, that one I never get any scam mails on, but lol one other mail I never even use that much, seems to get wow scam mails now and then, though I never open them becuse I know I never use it for wow ever.