Playing 100% a healer feels really inefficient

I have been playing a Resto Shaman since like TBC. I have always been able to just “raidlog” and spend rest of my time doing PvP and farming money in AH and do other stuff like professions and dungeons.

However, in both Legion and BfA I feel pidgeonholed into playing a DPS… World quests, dailies, horrific visions… All way more efficient if I switch to Enhancement.

I am talking to guildies and they all “respec for the daily stuff, and have a duplicate set for that spec in bags”.

Looking at the main new feature of Shadowlands, yet again, it’s solo content that is most efficient as a DPS…

How is this good game design?

12 Likes

Apart from GuildWars 1 I have never encountered 1 mmo where it’s not dps oriented content.

1 Like

I cant do world content as healer spec, i just dont… Its torture.
I prefer healer roles in M+ and Raids but in world content I have to do a dps spec otherwise i will just burn myself out.

2 Likes

Idk whats the problem with having a dps offspec for world content. You could even just play elemental with the same gear.

What did you expect to have the same kind of dps for world content as a dps or that they will make special world quests where you only have to heal?

2 Likes

How would you feel if world quests required you to switch to a healer or to a tank?

You chose your role because that is what you want to play…

They managed to perfectly let me be healer 100% of the time before Legion.

9 Likes

Would be pretty op to do as much as a dps in world content

It is just a world quest after all. I can play any role at any time. But the thing is you are not forced to change. You are just slower because your dps is less. Same for tanks. Which makes complete sense.

I can still do dailies as resto druid with ease. Sure its probably more annoying as a resto shaman but i wouldnt fuss about doing less dps than dpsers.
What would be the point of playing a dps if a healer could do just as much dps and they can even heal themselves a lot more :stuck_out_tongue:

Wait, in Legion you never had to kill stuff?

You were inefficient then, just as now. Nothing has changed since then. Or am I misremembering all those Legion WQs that asked you to only heal things and never kill them?

I said before legion. The expansion with the introduction of the DPS focused world quests.

I honestly prefer WoD over Legion and BfA because of this flaw + the PvP vendor removal

I have to say, I would probably play healer if it was not for the fact that you are inefficient for the chore content you need to do.
And for the fact I am not really into any dps spec tied to healers. Except for balance Druid, but I am sick of playing resto.

That is why he said “before” Legion.

2 Likes

Specially when shammy isn’t even that far off

I did try to level my monk in healing specc through bfa dungeon finder…however it gave so little xp I just switched to ww and went questing

We’re not playing Classic… in seconds you respec and you don’t really need to have the bags filled with different sets, not for wq anyway.

Playing tank and doing wq isn’t very efficient either and I never read or hear any complaints about them switching to make it faster. But I understand some people are very much into healing even if they aren’t proper roleplayers.

The game is designed for players to switch roles fast and I personally see no problem in that. Since you do, the best solution would be to group up? Who doesn’t want a pocket healer?

Respec isn’t that bad and visions recently received a nerf for healers (they reduced all HP by an additional 45% if you’re a solo healer)

Take a few offensive azerite traits and essences and you’re good to go

well the problem is rather why is there so much daily grind crap to do?

5 Likes

I’ve done that plenty of times, switched to tank or healer spec to solo some group quests. No big deal. During leveling, there are entire zones I do in tank spec. Other zones in DPS, and I heal dungeons. No problem, there’s plenty of space in my bags for three different gears. World quests I usually do as tank, except N’Zoth assaults, which I do as healer, because I’m WM on, and if people jump me, I can escape as a healer - not so much as tank or dps.

I don’t see a problem with playing an off-spec for some of the content. I mean, I wouldn’t do arenas as brewmaster, even if that was my main spec.

I main a healer, 460-ish ilevel, but have decent (452) tank, and okay-ish (443) dps gear too. I carry all of the gear around unless I’m in an M+, or otherwise know I won’t need them. I used to do WQs as healer too, and it worked fine, but since I had the bagspace, and wanted to try tanking, I collected tank gear. But I still do some of my WQs as healer, for reasons mentioned above, and it isn’t any less efficient than as DPS. I get jumped and killed a lot when I’m not healer spec :stuck_out_tongue:

Uhm… how about the dailies in WotLK that required you to kill stuff? Or the dailies in BC? Those were before Legion, by quite some time. Not WQs, but still grindy chore content you most likely needed or wanted to do. Those were also faster as DPS.

1 Like

Shouldnt shammy be one of the better healers in world content? They can do great dps if they dont have to heal as far as i know.
Now that they nerfed visions for solo players in heal or tank spec i think restosham could genuinely be very very good in those

I main a healer, and the alts I put effort into are healers as well, but all of them have either a tank or dps offspec for Wq, dailies etc, its not difficult you only really need a second set of azerite gear and you are fine usually.

I think the soloution here could be healer world quests… you help and heal rather than kill stuff.

I don’t see why healers should play anything else if that’s what they want to play.

4 Likes

Pretty much this. I will take twice as longer to grind rep to get the Healer spec essences and Azerite for neck if I do it as Healer. Which is pretty ironic :stuck_out_tongue:

And annoying thing is is that nobody believes “this is for my main spec” when something drops when you do group content in the world.