Playing Classic launches Retail

Hello, I tried Retail out a few days ago, and ever since, my Battle.net launcher doesn’t work properly. For some reason it defaults WOW to Retail instead of Classic (didnt use to do this), and in addition, when I change it to Classic and press Play - it launches both Battle for Azeroth and Classic at the same time.

This is quite annoying, does anyone know how to fix?

No idea, but you could try opting in to the blizzard launcher beta and out again. Maybe doing so could fix whatever is causing it to do what you are describing

The only time I have had this was fairly recently. I had Shadowlands Alpha added, and sometimes Bnet took that as my default, so if I right clicked Bnet in my system tray and chose World of Warcraft, it would launch that, then I realised, Brought up Bnet and changed it to my Standard wow and clicked play and both clients would launch. It has stopped happening recently and now defaults to my standard wow account though.

so I have checked more specifically, and in fact, BFA is launched, when I click World of Warcraft from the little tray icon of the battlenet app.
So i click the button and the battlenet app opens, and few seconds later, BFA launches. Without me pressing Play.

I don’t mean to make you look wrong but “World of Warcraft” is Retail. “World of Warcraft Classic” is well, Classic. So it will launch “World of Warcraft” if you choose that option.

It’s a quick launch option.

Edit: If you want World of Warcraft classic added to the quick launch then make a suggestion ingame.

No, usually, when I click World of Warcraft, it opens up Battlenet app and Classic is the default on WoW on the app.

It’s probably been changed. Maybe you should double click on the Icon and not use the quick launch option.