Playing WoW only for gear - Is the real way to play the game

Tbh most of the disparity will be likely down to.

• pull sizes.
  • how fast the monsters die.
  • cooldown management.
  • how many times they die.

Rotations on most part are pretty easy theres a few u can defintly go wrong with and have some level of demand, but for example fury warrior is extremely easy.

And yeah this is common :joy: joining pugs does most defintly show u can see some very high ilevel players do really bad

I just find it insane.

Furys basicaly saying the only thing that prevents me being capable of mythic raiding is my ilevel.

Allow me to tell you now. Hell no lmfao give me 415, theres 0 chance i wouldnt struggle for a long time doing mythic raiding.

Im no where near the mythic raiding standard, and thats not because of my ilevel. Lol, its because im a low ball average :joy:

I aint a nitpick.

To think this game is 95% ilevel, is basically stating.

Is stating

You beleive if blizzard came into the game handed everyone a 410 ilevel,

That every player in the game without practice could clear mythic with a purple log.

This means ur ilevel alone, is the result 95 percentile parse lol the moment u know thats untrue. You know its more then just 5% skill is responsible for

You are permuting skill and experience. Two related but not the same things. Everyone needs to experience something first before they can use their skills effectively.

1 Like

Im sorry, but the only one confusing this is you.

Allow me to explain this simply.

Even in mythic raiding.

If gear and ilevel was responsible for 95% of ur personal performance, this would mean the floor of the game, would be 95 percentile.

The fact over 80% of logs are beneath 75, including wven in mythic clears. Proves that even with experience and more. Players arent recreating or providing evidenxe to what you are trying to state.

What ur mixing up. Is between m+10 and m+18 where the gear disparity is massive and mistaking tbis for how the game is run. But it isnt.

Ur looking into a pool. Of players that cant break +20s, so are a collection of below average players who arent improving but gear is carrying rhem to varying degrees due to overgearing the content.

Not exactly, gear is a skill multiplier, no skills=no damage.

Good skills+gear=lots of damage.

1 Like

That’s fine. You don’t need to ‘get it’.
Players play this game for all manner of reasons and why they do it really doesn’t matter.

You shouldn’t. It’s fine.
Each to their own.

2 Likes

More like other way round. Skill you posses will make that you do better than other players, and experience will make that you defeat encounter smooth and clean.

1 Like

On second thought, you could argue it both ways, but it’s frankly semantics, it’s like arguing on whether or not it’s more correct to say 2 times 3 is 6, or 3 times 2 is 6, they’re the same thing. It doesn’t matter.

Also what’s this about experience?

This was about gear, also, skills is experience. Experience is also a skill. I don’t know where this came from.

Ye no.

You can read and know all the tactics. But if u dont react to a situation fast enough it simply doesnt matter.

You can be as experienced as u want, if ur not mechanically skilled, u will be unable to put said knowledge into practice.

Hence the terms “mechanically skilled”.

There are plenty of people, that will crack under several mechanics overlapping. Hence the huge dislike for affixs and mythic raiding

And next patch there making mechanics invisible to addons which means the reaction tests will be even narrower. Ur going to have to be able to react to boss movements extremely quickly.

and most players are simply not mechanically skilled enough to react at the speeds the game sets.

1 Like

How do you explain the people who are “relatively” new to the game, or that don’t play massive amounts that beat me handily in dps.

They don’t have more gear than me. What gives? This shouldn’t be possible!

How is your point different than what i wrote?

You tell me.

You are dramatically underrepresenting the skill factor. And the skilled / experience rabbit hole doesn’t cut it.

Answer to the question if you need skill or gear is this one:

skill AND gear.

No matter what any of you say, this is a fact.
You can do tactics like a god - if you dont have a numbers you wipe.
You can have numbers of an item level cap - if you fail tactics you wipe.
It is just that simple.

1 Like

Weird rant. Are you tryig to artificialy make yourself a victim?

You remind me of a guy who marched at McDonalds and start complaining that he and his fellow MC enjoyers should not be ashamed of ordering fries.

Ok? Who is shaming you? Your classmates?

Getting stronger is kinda
 the main point of an RPG game so you didn’t bring anything new to the table.

However, is the way to get stronger fun? and also taking your newfound powers to a test drive is also a huge part of it.

Mobas explicitly show this, let’s take lol for example.

Leveling from 1-18 over and over some players have been doing it for about 10 years, they never get tired from it because the format is fun.

You asked me question after quoting my reply to very specific statement made by third person, and now you are quoting completely different post.

Ok i will answer to

Fact is that world best players can not to defeat mythic raid without specific minimal ilvl. Ok, it is simply mathematically impossible to do it.

At the same time world worst player can go and faceroll bit older raid in a transmog run.

OK extreme example with old raid legacy run, but you get the point.

How can world best tank with perfect defensive rotation to survive mathematical hit without having mathematical minimum aka armor and stamina from ilvl?

How can world best healer with most optimal rotation to fill-up the group without having numbers from ilvl?

How can world best dps player to avoid unavoidable dmg?

Yes, 95% ilvl 5% skills.

Ilvl is the name of the game of this game.

edit: ok pvp is different story, but most players are pve let’s be real.

1 Like

I believe that if Blizz gave off full 415 gear, within the very same week ppl who could not tackle 20s would do so with great success. Tactics is one thing but baby its all down to firepower after that

1 Like

No,

How do players in the MDI or the world first race outperform others so astonishingly when gear is the same as normal people?

Hint - it’s not gear

How can you write so much drivel? It’s like paragraphs of pure nonsense to arrive at a conclusion thats completely and utterly bonkers.

Tables have 4 legs. Cows have 4 legs. Therefore all cows are tables. Furyℱ

It’s a free world, and you are free to lie yourself :man_shrugging:

I think he means that if you compare 2 players with equal skill, gear difference can be quite extreme. I also notice it, when I turn on warmode with my pvp gear. However, for PVE there needs to be gear progression, so I don’t think it’s a bad thing, but getting gear is too slow however. In pvp I don’t think gear should matter a lot

Right back at you.

I have 420 gear. An MDI player has 420 gear. Why can he double my dps?

Fury answer. It’s gear.

I just can’t :rofl: