Please ban players or the word 'anal'. they spam the general/trade channel

many players lately spam "anal " on trade or general chat. its really annoying and i spend alot of time just reporting them so i wont have to see it, but all i want to do is play.
and im not the only one who complains about it.

please do something. ban the word ‘anal’ or just mute players who spam.

2 Likes

They aren’t breaking any rules, and they do it specifically because it winds some players (like yourself) up. Childish yes, against the rules, no.

There are a wide number of addons that will filter it for you.

4 Likes

i have badboy but it doesnt filter it

Just add word anal to your badboy addon and it will block it

I got a warning a few years ago for joining in with that spam so it’s considered a minor infraction.

1 Like

You know the trade chat game over many years of wow with this word and linking skills next to it?

That would make at least 50% of wow’s population banned if it actually was a banable thing.

2 Likes

well, apparently its back… guess stupid kids think the word anal is funny.

1 Like

Dont think it was ever gone…
Its just the spammers that took over the tradechat and people cant even talk there anymore.

There are people that think killing and hurting animals is fun, at least these ppl you talk about hurt nobody.

1 Like

Anal is not an insult/bad word first of all, and I have seen people in Argent Dawns doing that joke yesterday.

It should not be considered offensive IMO.

1 Like

It’s not offensive, but the spam it generates is really irritating.

its not insult. its SPAM. and as far as i know, spam IS TOS (you can even report people for spam).
in Argent Dawn you can be muted for not RPing. its definitely TOS there.

It’s been going on for as long as I remember and is very irritating. I just report them for spam which means I don’t see them.

Pretty sure spam and trolling/griefing is against the rules.

You need the plugin Badboy_CCleaner, it auto filters this stuff and you can add you own keywords / phrases to it’s blacklist.

All they need to do is add a filter to trade chat that automatically silences anyone who does it. Banning the word completely from the game would be stupid, just make trade chat free from it

Anal [Shadowlands launch]

5 Likes

damn and here i thought wushupanda is back :c

I’m not sure what would draw you back to this thread, Twiluna, but I think we can let this one rest.

As always, the best way to report inappropriate chat would be the in-game report system as described here:

1 Like

Very old thread accidentally resurrected by a user who later retracted their post. (Accidental necro.)