Please bring MoP Class Design back

I can tell you with CONFIDENCE that the vast majority hates the gameplay right now.

2 Likes

Guess I will not rush with those two toons :slight_smile:

And of course, your two cents are always highly valued by me :blush:

1 Like

Then you’re misguided and biased. Because you simply DON’T know.
You’re guessing. Based on your own opinions.

Also; ‘gameplay’. That’s basically anything in the game, not ‘class design’, so yeah, very general term.

1 Like

I’m not. It’s so god damn obvious and you just don’t want to see it.

True, I meant class design though.

2 Likes

For pretty much anyone who’s go-to activity in the game has traditionally been pvp, class design would be the primary culprit of game feeling bad right now.

4 Likes

I wouldn’t know because I hate pvp. :roll_eyes:

And I have the opinion that if you play WoW just for the PvP, you’re in the wrong place and always have been. :man_shrugging:

Phantasm, Shadow halo and spectral guise …i miss the most :sleepy:
but looking at how they looked then and how they look now makes me really sad

everything we once had got diverted to discipline
(and they arnt as good either)

but I’m more annoying about how its all fixed now… AS, Li and LotV, ALWAYS
the rest are just talents you rarely use.

Then my first comment stands; you simply don’t know.

1 Like

You are so far from reality it’s unreal.
It’s been part of the game since the game came out and I’d even say that PvP was way bigger than PvE in Classic.

People have built careers by playing PvP and you are actually trying to say PvP players are in the wrong place and always have been?

2 Likes

Look at it like this: If you really love soccer and you play yourself, you watch it all the time, you watch shows where they discuss it… Soccer seems very important. It’s like everyone’s talking about it. But they’re not. YOU are. It’s in YOUR mind and so it occupies a space there. And sure, there’s others who share your view and passion, but there’s also a LOT of people who DON’T.

That’s what I mean with bias and letting your opinion create a new reality. It’s an opinion and that’s all it is.

1 Like

Imo you are with your class design illusions.

I wouldn’t. And while it was IN there from launch, Blizzard actually didn’t do much with it until quite a bit later. Because it’s a niche activity. It’s an afterthought.
WoW is first and foremost a PvE game. That is a fact.

I did say it’s my opinion. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

That there is the disconnect between you and someone who hates current direction in class design, yeah?

I won’t deny you your opinion on pvp or it’s viability in WoW, but it’s own unique class mechanics/synergy existed in the game just fine before Legion, where Blizzard felt the need to simplify everything for reasons I’m not entirely sure on.

Reason couldn’t be balance, it’s as bad as ever.
It doesn’t bring new people into pvp, interest has never felt lower.
It doesn’t really bridge the gap between the top players and the average players, all it’s accomplished is make the casual pvp activities feel pointless.

Overall, the redesign and pruning have accomplished nothing from my pov except alienate people who liked their class or spec previously.

4 Likes

Could be yeah.
But then I have to add that it is my opinion that ‘an opinion based on pvp’ carries less weight, simply because it’s not the game’s main feature. It’s a niche activity. <-- all of this is MY opinion, I’m NOT (like some people in this thread) saying this is fact.

I get that. But that would then be ‘PvP people’, right? So to me that doesn’t mean anything. It’s harsh, but that’s the way I feel. I CAN’T feel sorry for someone when it comes to pvp. Because I don’t think ANY part of the game should be compromised BECAUSE of that activity. None. Never. Any.

They did so when arena was first added and it ruined the game for a while. Everything got balanced around 3 people running around in a little sandbox. In a MASSIVE MULTIPLAYER GAME. I was utterly disgusted by that and my hatred for PvP grew to unimaginable heights.

Turn what into a fact ? I thought we agreed on you trying to better formulate your answers from now on.
Whatever I think of the current class design is my own opinion and nobody ever contested that.
But it is a fact that classes are underperforming and in a worse state than what they were, and nothing you say can undermine it.

Clearer now ?

Why would happy people ever complain if they are happy ? When you want to improve something, you look to its downsides, not its upsides. Right now the downsides are much more important (fact) and what makes the opinion on them general is the amount of people upholding it. It just so happens that the rant over class design has been increasing since BfA, and for a reason.

Sorry to say, but this latter part of your reply makes 0 sense and completely ignored the core of the issue. If you like the current state of the game then so be it, but why would you try to bring anyone on the same line as you ? Unless you don’t want to be told what you think is the truth.

No, this is again a fact and not an opinion, and you’re making me tired of repeating myself tbh. Simming will show you that the talent is flat out trash compared to the two others, and you loving it won’t make it any better. Perhaps you ought to look further than the tip of your nose, because the world expands to more than just you.

Viable AND balanced, if playing on words is all you could resort to. In WOTLK you could take any class you wanted, they’d all be performing well with very small margins. That’s leagues away from whatever can be called “imbalance”. In nowadays end game WoW, especially mythic raiding, an underperforming class is de facto deemed as unviable, therefore the imbalance : you cannot bring any class and expect to have a spot, and it’s like going back to Vanilla.
Behold trash design at its finest.

You’re worse than Jon Snow in his 8th season script.

2 Likes

I don’t understand what terrible class design has to do with PvP. You notice how bad it is even better when playing PvP but that’s it.

Please explain to me how removing half of the abilities, putting a gcd on almost every spell, lowering the skill cap of literally every class and slowing down gameplay has improved PvE?

2 Likes

Of course. Like I said, I won’t try and deny you to have your own opinion on the matter, but I think you did ask why people feel like class design is bad, and well, there’s yer answer. 8)

For the most part, but not entirely. There are a fair few regular posters who want old classes/specs back and do not identify as “pvp players” per se.

It honestly doesn’t have to be compromised either.
Abilities correspond/scale differently in PvP.
We have PvP talents now.
In the past we had PvP specific gear too.

You can have stuff work differently/exclusively around PvP specifically, though in the case of overall class design, I much, MUCH prefer pre-Legion enhancement shaman (which was my main from 2006 up to Legion) for pve dps aswell, though that’s an entirely different matter I won’t touch upon in greater detail for now.

I don’t remember anything class-design wise that was outright ruined in order to balance out the game for arenas.

edit: irrelevant tidbit removed.

2 Likes

It was a simple follow up to your quote: “Firstly because once you give someone something good which they like then take it away you already strip off of a great portion of their pleasure.”

That is what it was about. I don’t know why that needs better formulating. Are you not able to discern such simple things?

I won’t try to because I’m not the type of person who uses damage meters or even cares about those numbers. I care about having FUN. And all I know is; I’m having FUN playing my class/spec.

Well, yeah, that was my whole point. :upside_down_face:

Not true by default, but sure, I’ll agree that human nature tends to do that.

But the importance of it is being blown out of proportions by a few vocal people.

I don’t. But I don’t think class design is part of BfA’s problems either.

Then stop saying it’s a FACT because it’s not. YOU think the class design is trash.
I DON’T. That there is already enough to NOT make it a fact, but an OPINION.

I don’t care. It’s a fun talent that gives ME joy. I’m not a min-maxer.

It does FOR ME. ME. MY OPINION. ME ME ME ME <---- I… ME… I LIKE IT.
For me it’s the best talent of ALL the talents. Because it gives me joy like none of the others.
Is that clear enough for you? :roll_eyes:

And the same can be said about you. You think your opinion holds far more weight than it actually does. :man_shrugging:

There were ALWAYS specs and classes outperforming others. ALWAYS.

Yeah that’s their toxic mindset. That means nothing to me. :man_shrugging:

And again; that’s down to those sorts of players and their toxic mindset.

1 Like

Aye, okay. :kissing_heart:

Yeah that’s true, but then we get to another hurdle: Should they?
Should they spend additional resources to balance a niche part of the game for a subset of the playerbase. I don’t know actual numbers, and neither does anyone in this thread, so only Blizzard can judge if it’s ‘worth it’.

1 Like

No he didn’t. It would be same if he started a thread and said; ‘‘classes are super
fun, we all love it, everyone loves, how can someone doesn’t love to play them, omg its good i’m almost crying, there are lots of things we can do with our classes we shoudl lvoe them so much :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:’’

Disparaging ones unconstructive thread is not a problem. He doesn’t need to convince the OP that classes are fun to play afterall.

I play with warlock and druid and i like both and all specializations, except afflcition. I would like it better if it wasn’t about UA stacking and more about dot spreading.

He likes the game and he is playing the game.
You don’t like the game but you can’t stop playing the game.

Who is the addict?

2 Likes