Please don't over-nerf dungeons

To start off, I agree that there needed to be some tuning passes on dungeons in their launch state. Better internal testing would reduce those, but that’s another topic.

At the same time, nerfing dungeons too much this early on will impact the entire season drastically and we may end up seeing healers doing more dps than healing or even eliminate them completely (again).

Given that people are still learning, since this is the first week, nerfs need to be scarce and by no means large. And another thing - we are all still undergeared compared to the reasonable gear requirements for 17 and above keys.

From experience, as a pugging tank, I can say for certain that pretty much every dungeon can be done if people play properly. The difference between unskilled/inexperienced pugs and those that pilot their class well and know the mechanics of the dungeon is HUGE. And it makes or breaks a key. And that’s exactly how it should be! Example: playing a 14 NL with a disc that doesn’t know what he’s doing and dps that don’t understand what is killing them ended in a bricked key as soon as the 2nd boss, not even the 3rd! Fast forward to the next attempted key, I joined a NL 16, with a resto sham that planned his cds, with dps that swapped to prio targets asap and didn’t stand in falling rocks and that ended in taking the key +2. That simple. Overtuned boss this, unfair mechanics that - frustrations will arise and people will complain no matter what, but nerfing the bosses hard will screw over the entire season.

One last thing - the people asking for massive boss nerfs in the first tyran week will ask for massive trash nerfs in the first fort week. And say the nerfs come, then what’s left? Faceroll dungeons that the same people will complain about once they DO LEARN their class and the mechanics of the instance (and also get the appropriate gear).

Agreed but this will fall on deaf ears.

The people calling for nerfs are the ones that are convinced the only possible reason for failure is overtuning or possibly a bug.
The thought that they may be playing suboptimally is insulting.

dont agree some dungen horrbol overtune need big nerf

no 1 ask u

It’s a discussion forum. I’m discussing. Mini grats on the most understandable post you’ve ever made though.

yet still u replay still no 1 ask u comments thx u

1 Like

No one asked for yours either. And its “reply”

sure pls go back thara her goons sure u fit nice there

Sorry, in a language normal people can understand?

ye i tink u cen understand me very well honest here

1 Like

If you don’t agree with someone, no need to (cheaply) bash them at their language skills, not everyone is English here :slight_smile: .

I’m a bit in the middle, yes don’t over nerf, but also if something is clearly over tuned compared to the rest at the same level, might need a bit of fine tuning. So yes and no :wink:

I’m not bashing his English skills. I’m bashing the lack of effort he takes in communicating, its not remotely the same thing. I’ve also learnt other languages and been mocked on my pronunciation, its not something I’d inflict on others because of my experience. But these days with the forums literally underlining typos and other programs punctuating for you, its not unreasonable to expect something with more coherence than a drunk tweet is it?

And I genuinely didn’t know what he was trying to say in the post that I quoted. I asked google translate but it started crying.

1 Like

Nerf fortified adds to the ground. Small pulls are not fun

1 Like

Understood! I will eat my words, and for you, I got a nice pile of bamboo to eat! :slight_smile: Take care mate !

I wouldn’t nerf the dungeons too much, but changing the point of view behind the " hard pass" , At the moment I think the limit of certain mechanics in dungeon is the maximum health pool of the player, I don’t find that limit very fun. I would rather have a timer limit mechanics like DPS check, because atm you can +2 a dungeon easily if you pass the “wall” of the dungeon.

I would nerf damage taken by the player by 33% but add 50% to the trash mobs health (I think bosses have already a big health pool even in fortified).

Maybe other change are possible, But having the possibility to pull bigger and to try saving time for optimization route is way funnier than finding a spot to not get hit by the one shot ability (like the trash mob in freehold that can OS your group with one shout …)

I just wish they stopped designing fights with the dumbest mechanical overlaps.

I’m so sick of neltharus already as disc priest because blizzard cant decide on a direction for bosses besides “pain”.

yeah do these healing checks that require 100k+ HPS but also if your class cant do its healing rotation while moving then get ****ed because you have to dodge frontals and swirlies left right and center while the damage is happening

The issue with that statement is dps dieing to 1 shot bs.

Not realy any point bringing a heal if the dps is instagibed by overtuned crap and they get no chance to heal them back up.

Same goes for battle rez, you rez at just the wrong moment and instagib.

There are some stuff that feels a bit overtuned (or forcing you to pick specs that have a lot of stuns etc.) but my biggest issue with dungeons right now is the lack of checkpoints. Some of these runbacks are way to long especially when the dungeons are on a timer.

I get wanting to let the dungeon feel like a place you traverse through, but that feels more like an m0 issue than an m+ issue.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.