Please explain the story

I’ve been away in Classic and just came back to complete the war campaign. I feel like I missed a few things (or perhaps forgot) as there seem to be some gaps in the story. Can anybody help me out with these questions:

1. When did the horde leaders (inc. Thrall) team up with the alliance? I know Saufang was working with alliance and that he went to meet Thrall, and that Baine was working with Jania. What about the others?

2. Why did Sylvannas lead us to Najetar? Was she working with Azshera?

3. How did Sylvannas get her super powers?

4. Why did Sylvannas abandon the horde? I thought everything she was doing was to protect the horde. Seems like a massive character shift.

1 Like

1: Remaining leaders jumped the fence between 8.2 and 8.2.5. Other than Lor’Themar and Thalyssra we don’t know what exactly it was that broke the camels back. Most likely the attempted execution of Baine.

2: She sent us out to deliver Xal’Atath to Azshara. Likely in the hope that it would be instrumental in freeing N’zoth and that once freed he’d cause untold death and destruction.

3: As part of her deal she made with the Jailor of the Shadowlands way back in Cataclysm her powers are amplified every time a soul is sent to the Maw. The Burning of Teldrassil and the recent war all led to huge casualties on both sides that boosted her powers exponentially.

4: Blizzard decided that the Horde was ever only a means to an end for her and with the war over she had no reason to remain part of it.

Have you done the warcampaign on both sides btw? Some gaps in either sides campaign, but doing both helps fill them up

I haven’t completed horde but got as far as najatar.

I also missed basically all of cataclysm so maybe that explains some gaps.

Doing Cataclysm won’t help a bit.

The bit about the Jailor of the Maw and her deals with him/her/it is new lore/retcons as of this weekend. :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

What’s a retcon and where do i find this new lore?

A retcon is a retroactive change to the lore of the game.

Basically how it was explained during Blizzcon was that during Edge of Night (free novella you can download on this site btw) when Sylvanas committed suicide and went straight to WoW hell (the Maw) she encountered the Jailor and struck a deal with him and ever since then she’s been on this nihilistic path of death and destruction that brought us to where we are now.

1 Like

Interesting. Thanks.

Btw has anything been done about tge bug sword that’s killing azeroth yet?

Nope. We forgot about the giant sword. :slight_smile:

Edit: I should say that there is a slight slight slight possibility that they touch upon it in the final boss cinematic in 8.3. Slight chance.

Or there may be an epilogue. Who really knows.

1 Like

Thanks for all the answers. Feels like that fills most of the gaps.

I’ll go back to fighting the Scourge and the Scarlet Crusade in classic now!

2 Likes

Yes, Thrall teamed up with the Alliance after Saufang asked him to come back and fight, informing him of the current situation and of what the Banshee Queen has done. Other leaders like Lor’themar agreed to work with the rebels and the Alliance to overthrow Sylvanas after they’ve decided to work together to defeat Azshara.

She lead us to Nazjatar because she had a deal with Azshara. Azshara needed the Heart of Azeroth to free (and eventually kill) N’zoth, and Sylvanas simply wanted to dispose of her enemies.

Sylvanas also made a deal with this mysterius new figure, the Jailer, her new powers are porbably coming from the Jailer, or some source from the Shadowlands.

Not at all. She never cared about the Horde, she wanted us to believe that she’s doing it for the Horde, but actually she’s been working with the Jailer (who whispered to Vol’jin to make her Warchief) since before Legion. Her only goal was to send as many souls to the Maw in the Shadowlands as possible (the reason is still unknown) so she started a war and a genocide. Every nonsense action that was driving the plot of BfA was her manipulation.

I think Thalysrsra started having doubts when we rescued Ashvane where the hero , Rexxar and Thalyssra just got left on the dock of Tol Dagor.

Naz’jatar is where they turned completely after rescuing Baine it was a bit of fun with Lor’themar and Genn paired up to get through the Naga before the Eternal Palace.
I highly suspect Lor’themar is relatively neutral to the alliance since Mist’s Of Pandaria (before the Purge of Dalaran but that was just crazy Jaina rather than the Alliance)

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.