Please help me, I can not find any help elsewhere :(

I have asked for assistance with this problem some weeks ago but nobody answered, maybe because it is so weird? Every time I log a char I have not played long OR i make a brand new one, I am getting this weird tab on my screen which I can not remove. I tried with all addons disabled, I tried literally everyting in the book, please help if you can. I put link to screenshot here but have to add soem spaces or link wont shot, please remove those spaces.

https :// tinypic . host/i/ohJ0mQ

I cannot see the screenshot. It MIGHT be something you can move with Edit Mode from the WoW Menu (ESC, then Edit Mode); might be moveable then.

edit mode does not even recognise that tab :frowning: just take out the space before the : and after the // and before and after the dot, should then get you to the pic

You said when you log on a character you haven’t played for a while or a new character, what happens when you continue playing? Does the window disappear after some time?
If it does then probably you don’t have to do anything.
Otherwise delete all add-ons and the game itself. Then install clean and install the add-ons one at a time. This way you will find out which add-on might have caused it.
If you don’t want to lose your add-on custom settings then install WOW on another PC and then again install the add-ons one at a time.

Looks like an addon issue to me. The addon interface is kinda bugged so even if you disable them on character screen they can still load sometimes.

Try renaming your Addons folder to something like “_Addons” (you can easily rename it back to restore everything) Thats the only way to stop the addons really loading. If the pane is gone it would indicate an addon is the cause.

If the problem still occurs, then rename your WTF folder in the same way. That’s where all your game and addon settings are saved, so will basically reset things.

https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/13iitet/anyone_know_what_addon_this_big_ugly_box_belongs/

Maybe a SL misson helper, or wod garrison addon?

It was covenant mission helper that bugged out. it would not dissappear no matter how often logging a char affected.
@Dedza. I did not find that post on reddit but I made my own there and lo and behold, in no time someone mentioned covenant mission helper.
@Ernela, tnx for all your tips too but downloading whole game again would have driven me crazy as we battle excruciating periods of no power in my country… and no, we are not at war like another country who is able to restore power in no time no matter how badly their infrastructure got hit :slight_smile:
Again to all of you, thank you and have a great weekend :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.