Please help me with class selection!

Hi!

I’m a returning player. On a different account, long forgotten I played from late vanilla early BC up until the end of Lich King. I returned for a few day both in pandoria and legion, but because of L.I.F.E. I had to stop playing.
Now I heard about the new expansion, and got myself some time to play, I decided it is time to level a class from zero to hero. The problem is, everything is different now, and I am so lost.

For my playstyle in PvE:
I mained hunter in vanilla, never raided but done some 5man, I was BM.
I got my T5 with beast master hunter.
T6 with combat rogue.
I did sunwell on shadow priest, but me and my guild was bad, so never finished it.
T7 I got on my assasination rogue, and on my boomkin. This time I started to do some PvP and got sucked into it.
I never completed my T8 on my DK, but got a few piece.

PvP:
I started with hunter, than got bored with how easy it was to kill noobs, and how bad I was against pro players. Changed to mutilate when it was good, but still hard, and managed to do some 1vsX back than. I even started to record my gameplay sessions. Still, I was missing something, I wanted to see my name on the top 5 damage done or kill list in battlegrounds, and world PvP was almost non-existent after leveling. So I changed to Shadow priest, but dotting was boring. Next come the Death Knight, it was a good plus, that I raided on the same toon. I liked unholy and frost too, and started to do arena next to BG-s, it felt good, but I had to leave and than came other games until now.

(on GW2 I played a warrior, never changed, farmed myself pretty high, even made PvP videos, I had a few 1vs3 1vs4 video back than. )

I’m looking for a class with high skill ceiling. If it played perfectly, which class is able to 1vsX in open world or in BG-s? Is it a class that will be accepted into random raids and dungeons? I prefer melee over kiting, but if it is a must, it won’t be a problem.I have very limited time (full time job+3 kid and a wife) so I will spend most of my time on that character until the next expansion. The main focus will be leveling, than 5mans and Battlegrounds. I don’t think it is realistic for me to think about raiding. I can tank, but prefer dps.

Thank you for your responses, and for reading this wall of text, and also sorry for my english.

I don’t really consider myself to be that much of a conosseur, but if you want a skilled class I would try sub.
Sadly im sure you know classes got pruned, they have less abilities and less uniqueness.
Subtlety (like I said many times) in wotlk was pure art.
I loved how people had to use the windows of opportunity they have to play it perfectly, I can’t pick up rogue because I believe the obliterated the class.
Sounds are dull and bad, animations aren’t my taste, and shadowstep for all specs is crap.
I ditched Warrior (Arms) in BfA already, you need to be babysit by a healer, it’s not very complex, but I had some fun while I could kill something.
People say feral is skilled, but they seem to be in the gutter now.
So all of this is just useless.
Try the classes with the 110 class trial.
Im rerolling Paladin and ODDLY enough (Remembering wotlk) Ret seems to be a little more skill-demanding than it was before.

1 Like

Can’t really say about PvP but whatever classes you mentioned during old expansions. All are doing good - I would say mid tire atleast.

I considered rogues as high skill cap in PvP. They control fight.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.