PLEASE let us cleanse gear without doing the quest chain I'm BEGING you

I have done the quest chain on alliance. I have done the quest chain on horde. Tey are exactly the same, overly stretched-out content. I am not doing it a 3rd time. I don’t care if I have to pay gold in order to cleanse my gear, I don’t care if I’m forced to loot 8.2 ilvl in order to not loot corrupted gear, let me avoid corruption on my alts, PLEASE.

10 Likes

It does seem to be an oversight that you can get corruption without having the ability to cleanse it. Not without doing a lengthy quest chain.

6 Likes

Seems more like a way to make time played go up to me.

I doubt they will change anything while it’s still ‘current content’ and after 8.3 SL will hit and then people will most likely skip this entire thing and move on when high enough level so there’s really no reason for Blizzard to ever change it.

But I highly agree. I did the questline on my main because I was forced to stay home from work because of a common cold and had the time. It’s only a real small positive you can skip the scenarios on alts since they are very short compared to the entire chain.

This was the motivation for me to get the cloak on all 12

Wasnt much point doing +4-6 weekly if i cant even use the gear :confused:

1 Like

WoW is pretty unfriendly for altoholics like us and i doubt this will change in the future. The quest chain was interesting the first time…but running it with every alt is a nightmare. But it’s required if you want to play current content with your alts. Imo finishing 2 Assaults and a vision should be enough for alts to unlock the cloak, if your main has done the quest chain.

2 Likes

Yes !
There is absolutely no reason to obtain cloak on alts ,therefore cleansing system should be implemented!

1 Like

I actually stopped logging alts quite some time due it. Like my alt got weapon with 75 corru - TD. and you think she didn’t die during cloak quest ? She did.

1 Like

My dh went from 435 to 444 by being able to cleanse

Felt so good

Well that warrior in particular was 1st character of mine with useful TD and I wanted to feel what this thing does. And I just … had to use my old weapon - 370 most times because I really got killed off too many times. Did not feel very fun and that’s the problem with corrupted gear - it stops being fun very soon. Even as my raider, who has cloak upgraded, having that eye bombing you - stopping yo0u to enter/leave pillars in M+ or stopping you to mount up is just … ‘too old, too soon’. I honestly wish i could just cleanse all gear, but in raid they expect me to have my TDs and things…

If you want to use the corruption gear at any substantial level, you don’t only have to get the cloak. You also have to do the horrific visions to level it up. Because the base 15+10 (from essence) doesn’t cover very much…

So basically low upkeep alts are out.

I had 126 corruption on this character without the ability to cleanse items and even after getting the ability I did not have enough mementos to cleanse any. It was a nightmare to get the quests done

This expansion has had a lot of make you play metrics, so yes it could simply be another way to eek out more gameplay.

Not just this one. All xpansions so far that i have played have been excessive grinds but this one tops them all with an eye watering 10 reps to grind.

Mob density at release of bfa was so thick that wihout stealth you wre forced to pull each and every single mob on the way to your quest objective. And the kicker is doing this 15 to 20 times for each quest.

1 Like

And to get to the level required in gear to be able to do those cloak leveling visions you have to have to be at least 120 to open up WQ for gear. But even the WQ gear is not enough at is stops at 420.

420 IL for visions is suicide. So you need to do naz, mechagon and other reps for the essences and M+ for gear to be able to do them. All that just to get the cloak.

I came back from two years off. I was in the high 200 IL when i came back and it has taken me two months now of nearly all day playing every day to get to that level. Blizzard are off of their trolly with the grinds. This is exactly why i left the last time.

Every time i come back to this game i am reminded of why i left the last time.

And the sad thing is that blizzards still keeps hammering on with their failed time gating and rep gating skinner box rng experiments. All the while the sub numbers are dropping like rocks. And they still dont get it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.