Plunder De Hond is a PvE-orientated raiding guild set up on the Horde side of the Gandling realm.
PDH started long before Classic’s launch, with a large section of our core team coming together on Discord to discuss the game before release. The “ethos” of the guild has always been to clear all content at our own pace while being open to all classes/specs in our raids - taking the player, not the class.
Because of this, we’d consider ourselves “semi-casual” but, that being said, everyone goes above and beyond in terms of the effort they put in and you’ll need to do the same if you want to stand out.
At the moment our main raid days are Thursday and Friday between 19:30 and 23:00 server time. ZG/AQ20/Ony are being done on an ad-hoc basis depending on reset day. We also run a BWL pug on a Sunday and collaborate with other guilds during the week for MC and AQ40 runs.
The basic rule is “don’t be a knob.” We’re an eclectic bunch of people that hail from all over the EU. We don’t take WoW too seriously and enjoy a giggle on Discord. The main things to keep in mind are:
- Turn up as often as you can (raid sign ups are on Discord)
- Please don’t get yourself locked out of guild raids by doing pugs (unless you’re specifically told you won’t be needed for that reset)
- Let us know if you’ll be unavailable for an extended period of time
- Have a good understanding of your class/spec and how it relates to raid performance
- Have a decent set of gear and enchants. We don’t expect you to have full phase BiS, but we do expect you to put some effort in to your gear
- Bring the consumables that are suggested/advised by the raid leader (world buffs are NEVER required)
- Have access to Discord and Voice chat for raiding (as well as sign ups), and social times
- Be able to listen, understand, and communicate via English in a raid setting (voice/text)
- Understand that, to deal with potential absences we will inevitably have more members than a single raid can allow - our aim is to rotate people in/out fairly when necessary
- Be respectful and open to helping members/alts out in non-raid content whenever possible
We’ve been a Loot Council guild from the start, but now that “guild progression” is not a factor we’re using wishlists, softreserves, and MS>OS rolls to distribute Naxx gear. While this is a big shift from our previous way of working we believe putting an emphasis on personal loot aims (at this point in Classic) is a far better way to reward older and newer members of the roster alike.
Outside of Raids
You’ll find a bunch of our members enjoy a bit of PvP, run dungeons, level alts. You don’t have to join us to raid. People who join as social members will also usually be given first refusal for raid spots when they become available (before we recruit externally).
Classes we’re currently looking for
If you’re interested in joining our band of merry memers then all applicants will be considered on a case-by-case basis. We’re most interested in:
• 1x Healer (Shaman/Druid Preferred)
• 1x Warrior DPS
Social members always welcome. We’re also planning on progressing into TBC as an established team!
To get in touch with us please /w one of the following members of the leadership team on Discord, or /w us ingame (Gandling):
Jawn/Jon (Jawn#0001) - Drunk
Tcepsa (Tcepsa#4509) - Scottish
Shadowclaw (Shadowclaw#5084) - Heals
Axgor (Knuckelito#8043) - Zugs
Kriegspyre (Kriegspyre#8276) - Raid leads, sounds American, isn’t
PLUNDER DE HOND!
(We’re not Dutch - it was a running “loot the dog” joke that evolved into a guild name)