Possible to get a refund?

Hi

I bought the Warcraft Classic and TBC with the intent to once again relive the exciting PvP I remember from that time. However once I got to lvl 60 (which was quick with a character boost) I noticed that the BG wait time is about 30-40 minutes.

Since that makes the game unplayable for me is it possible to get a refund?

I doubt it as the character boost has been used.
Times will likely improve, but you can always ask if you can have a refund, it would need to be done by opening a ticket though.

1 Like

Ok thanks. I doubt that it will improve considering that the game should be hyped at the moment. It seems more likely that it will become worse to me.

Anyways, thanks for the advice to create a ticket. Do you do that in game or from this support site?

Either.

Here is a prefilled link for the support site though.
https://eu.battle.net/support/en/help/wf/wow/166/1152/submitted

2 Likes

i dont personally play tbc but i know a lot of people on my friendslist who level from scratch and dont instantly boost. i d imagine quite a chunk of people do that. so if you arent able to get a refund i would give it a bit of time so everyone can catch up.

1 Like

Thanks, I hope you’re right. With the current queue time you spend more time waiting than playing.

Hi Spellrong,

Generally we consider all sales final, but in some circumstances may be able to make an exception to offer a refund.

If you have already opened a ticket, leave it open and Customer Support will do what they can to assist as soon as they reach your ticket.

If they cannot refund, as Schmusedecke mentions, as more players reach level 60 you will likely see the battleground queue times improve :slight_smile:

Hi Ferumlac

Thanks for your reply. I did as suggested and created a ticket. The response was as you hinted “Sorry we cannot help you but we’ll keep your money”.

I just checked in here to see if there were any threads about the current queue times. Hoping that maybe it has improved to make it worthwhile to level up.

However, I see complaints that it’s now more than an hour waiting time for the BG’s so it’s not getting any better just worse. So no point in leveling to 70.

I thought coming back to the game that it would be playable PvP. Since it’s not I think it’s borderline a scam. There should at least be a warning before you spend 100 euros that PvP is not part of the game anymore unless you’re willing to wait an hour between each game.

Luckily I managed to stop most of my friends from making the same mistake of trying out the game again. Only one was as eager as me to get back into the game and also paid 100 euros for nothing.

PvP Queue times are bad for the Horde, that’s nothing Blizzard can do anything about. They can’t magically make new Alliance players.

The game has other features rather than PvP.

1 Like

In addition to what Dottie said…

You don’t actually pay for WoW:Classic or TBC:Classic. You pay for Shadowlands, the *:Classics are free bonuses.

I point this out, because that is how Blizzard are refusing some refunds.

1 Like

This topic has been answered, and was only bumped to provide feedback which the CS forums are not the right place for.