Potientally RIP UK

Anyone else read the article saying that going ahead with the microsoft deal in trades of their games being banned in the UK may still go ahead?! :upside_down_face:

Maybe dark times for any D4 / WoW / CoD / overwatch fans indeed lmao.

2 Likes

Never going to happen, if the UK bans or stops using Microsoft, then that is every single PC in the UK useless, Including all government PC’s as well as private PC’s.

The only winner out of that would be Apple.

9 Likes

Microsoft wont face the bans.

Only activison blizzard games will. The article says this will only ban the games tied to blizzarx-activision will be sanctioned.

As these are american companies, while microsoft will remain

4 Likes

Of course they will, the whole reason the deal was opposed in the UK was down to Microsoft’s Cloud operation.

They aren’t against Activision Blizzard, they are against Microsoft.

1 Like

Not what british government has said. Its stipulated only activison blizzard games would face the sanction.

They will just let microsoft off the hook for ur above mentioned reaspns.

Microsoft wont be banned in UK. Because its a established market, activison - blizzard will be banned however.

1 Like

Microsoft won’t allow that deal, as they will be losing millions from Activison Blizzard, so why would they buy them if one of their biggest markets is going to be useless?

They won’t get banned :woman_facepalming: the UK will just change their no to a yes to agree with the other two/three agencies who agree to the deal going through.

The UK has blizzard offices in London, or just outside of London.

4 Likes

Microsoft currently make 0 on them, providing it turns a profit its just extra bucks for them, its only activision - blizzard that will lose profit.

Microsoft cant lose what they didnt have

We also said brexit would never go through, never say never

2 Likes

yeah it’s more likely that UK changes its mind about it.

1 Like

My favorite line in MS statement is:

“We’re especially disappointed that after lengthy deliberations, this decision appears to reflect a flawed understanding of this market and the way the relevant cloud technology actually works,”

This is basically what we tell each other on this forum a hundred times a day “You have no clue what you’re talking about”. But seeing billion dollar entities throw it at each other is funny :smiley:

4 Likes

That could cure my long addiction, in a way I dont mind ban on WoW :smiley:

6 Likes

Thats because they don’t own them, you really think a company is going to spend millions on acquiring Activision Blizzard knowing that some of their biggest IP’s aren’t going to be available in one of the biggest markets?

Edit… Do you think Activision Blizzard would be happy knowing that Wow, and the brand new Diablo IV, not to mention CoD is going to be unavailable in the UK markets?

Link this article please.

The feels-like intuitive know-it-all career politicans showing themselves once again, I assume with little to no understanding of the market, using very questionable reasoning. R.I.P. our english wow peers. If activision-blizzard would be banned, I’d expect that it’s for virtual currency, or gambling simulation, not for “cloud gaming monopoly” smh

3 Likes

blizzard activision microsft should poay 99% tax as punishment for their abysmall products

2 Likes

Funny, for such abysmal products, you seem to be an ever constant?

8 Likes

Pmuch every country has agreed to the deal except UK, why wouldnt they go througth with it when knowing if they cancel the deal they need to pay blizzard millions in compensation fees

I wouldn’t worry too much. Long before the legal drama pans out, everyone will have quit already due to the lack of content. (Already an issue today)

I hope not. Otherwise it could mean we will lose all English Realms potentially, Unless they move them to the EU territories.

And that was the reason I left the UK, I feel for my family but the place is going downhill fast.

3 Likes

You clearly dodged a financial bullet for sure.

2 Likes