Pre-Patch Removes Corruption ๐Ÿ™

:octopus: :octopus: :octopus: :octopus: :octopus: :octopus: :octopus: :octopus: :octopus: :octopus: :octopus: :octopus: :octopus: :octopus: :octopus: :octopus: :octopus: :octopus: :octopus: :octopus: :octopus: :octopus: :octopus: :octopus:
During his [PandaTV interview] yesterday, Game Director Ion Hazzikostas confirmed that Corruptions will completely removed in the 9.0 Shadowlands prepatch, while Essences and Azerite Powers will only stop working in Shadowlands content.

While technically the start of expansion, prepatch is the roughly month-long period of transition between the two expansions.

During this time, new features such as class changes and character customization are available to players, but none of the new content such as being able to level up or enter the new expansion zones are enabled.

6 Likes

thatโ€™s fine, all my haste corruption will be useless anyways when I switch to 2H Frost :sunglasses:

8 Likes

Will still be huge set back in terms of mythic+ for that month.

2 Likes

then again doubt to many people actualy do M+ at that point anyways

3 Likes

Yeah, I just hope there will be enough interesting things to do while we wait. I remember the legion pre-patch event was mainly leveling alts for me, because there wasnโ€™t that much to do.

3 Likes

This was expected. No surprise really. Im glad I didnt farm any corruptions, all my chars are free from Nโ€™zoth mind games xD

Bring on the new stuff!

8 Likes

I will miss corruption

6 Likes

ill miss the abilities but not the corruption itself xD

3 Likes

The level squish will probably make raids and m+ a lot easier to account for the loss of corruption. I remember siege of orgrimmar became a joke with the WoD squish.

3 Likes

Slowly start cleansing your gear!
The sudden loss of corruption and the cool abilites could be lethal for you!
Withdrawal symptoms could kick in with the loss of borrowed power and those could be nasty thingsโ€ฆ :eyes:

8 Likes

Frankly all corruption in peopleโ€™s inventory should be cleansed every time they defeat Nโ€™Zoth.

4 Likes

A bit stupid question perhaps, butโ€ฆ Will the sanity bar on Nโ€™zoth also be removed, or will the cloak and the visions remain in the game? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Sanity and cloak are staying 100%, removing them means removing some main mechanichs from Nโ€™zoth fight. Visions probably will be removed in prepatch like they did with mage towers in bfa prepatch.

3 Likes

I look forward to having the offensive capabilities of a wet noodle come thenโ€ฆ :frowning:

2 Likes

Say what you will 'bout Nโ€™zoth, but he did give us some sweet, delicious power! Who needs sanity when yer a power incarnate?

1 Like

Sanity is for the weak! Especially when youโ€™re a prot pally named Rextroy 1shotting your way to gladiator :smiley:

On a more serious note, Iโ€™m not going to miss corruptions. Should never be in game in the first place. In second, if they HAD to be in, they should never ever account for more than 10-20% of characterโ€™s performance and never ever be a critical crutch that your character NEEDS to be effective. In third, they should have been available to everyone equally, not like that &#@^show with Echoes. Fourth, testing unbalanced crap like this on live servers doesnโ€™t exactly endear BFA and WoW in general to anyone. Bad for game (players) and business (small indie company). 1shotting a whole group of opponents with lucky procs might be fun, but being 1shotted when you canโ€™t do anything is not.

There is alarming lack of big & required class changes though. Iโ€™ve already lived through one โ€œitโ€™s just alpha/beta/pre-patch/.1/.2/*.3โ€ stage and had enough of this sort of thing. BFA pre-patch was for me a gut punch that broke everything that made my character both fun & viable and never fixed it, later BFA systems just made it halfway working in some situations & still crap in all others. Tried levelling alts in 8.0, didnโ€™t work, everything and their companion pet was too broken from not very thought through stat squish & more pruning. Made me take a big break until 8.2 when my chars were still screwed, but at least I could get to fly around. If Shadowlands isnโ€™t massively better, not gonna buy it.

1 Like

that is probably what is gona happen now to, considering many are eager to try out low level chars whit the level squish

1 Like

Activision Blizzard yet again showed utter disrespect to players and their time and efforts spent to build up their charactersโ€™ strength.
I dont like the general idea of taking anything away from me, and if you tell me โ€˜duh its new expansion, its literally new game, you start from zero againโ€™ well if I have to start โ€œNEW GAMEโ€ from zero then I probably will do just that - start a NEW GAME from zero.

1 Like

By removing an incredibly unpopular system? Big brain moment right here.

Iโ€™m kinda sad to see it go however. It had a lot of potential but unfortunately it wasnโ€™t implemented well for much of the patchโ€™s shelf life. Perhaps if we see it again it will be better designed.

1 Like

You will not lose your cape, nor HoA, but they probaly remove the requirment for them to be equiped and only the button apears you need to push during carapace and Nโ€™zoth fight :thinking:

3 Likes