Pre-Purchase Dragonflight Now!

I want to know why my Battle.net desktop app shows ‘Upgrade Available’ in distinctive green lettering, when clearly this is just a clickbait ad for the Dragonflight pre-purchase and has nothing whatsoever to do with an ‘upgrade’.

Have they not heard of the Trade Descriptions Act of 1968?

But it IS an upgrade. It will allow you to play new features and gain more levels and all that stuff. That sounds like an upgrade to me.

It is an upgrade, it’s the same approach they’ve taken over the years with previous expansions, it isn’t a breach of the Trade Descriptions Act, nor does it have jurisdiction as you’re referring to British legislation against a US company.

Not on your Nellie.

An ‘upgrade’ means an improvement in the quality or usefulness of something, i.e. make it better or more useful than the existing.

What you are saying is that every successive WoW expansion was an upgrade to the previous one :rofl:

Dragonflight is NOT an upgrade, but an entirely new product with new features - you even said that yourself. Time will tell if it is an ‘upgrade’ or not.

No. I’m saying that every expansion is an upgrade to the overal game.
Which it is.

Hey, if I don’t have the Shadowlands expansion yet but I pre-purchase Dragonflight now, would that unlock Shadowlands content for me immediately? Thanks for your help!

Pre-purchase Dragorflight now!

I respond with a voice of Mr. Garvey the substitute teacher from Key and Peele comedy: Are you outta your god damn mind?!

No, but SL should become free when DF is released

1 Like

Thank you, makes sense!

Too soon or not, I’m just too excited to see Shadowlands get put rest for good.

3 Likes

Not going to wait till Dragonflies. Cancelled subscription today with this commentary:
//Genius artistic team creates unforgettable world.
Game designers pick one location of it and make you stay there for SIX MONTHS
CLEANING MOB PACKS to keep character updated FOR ONE PATCH
If there is one tiny thing a person dislikes about the zone or the rotation, over 6months THEY DEVELOP NAUSEA. First, for the zone. Second, the expansion. Third, the game. Then, YOUR COMPANY.
It’s basic human psychology//

in the meanwhile at blizzard hq

just jokin ofc :wink:

Do I get beta access?

Try your luck here:

https://dragonflight.blizzard.com/en-gb/#beta

I’m tempted because of the mount and the other stuff but I want to wait until beta comes out…

Well, i think I’m unique, in that i will decide for myself in due course whether to pre purchase, and just ignore all the ‘experts’ who seem to think they know what I like.

Blizz EU Gear Store already has it for 129€. +20€ shipping.

1 Like

Quoting me stating things other have already said. Well Done.

CD Projekt Red has joined the chat

I purchased already the Collector´s Edition (phyiscal version at the Gear Store) but wondering when I get the ingame goodies and why the battle.net app keeps telling me I can upgrade now? Should I buy the digital version as well and then get my money back later? This is confusing to me…