Prepatch this Wednesday please

I want to play the fun BRM ASAP.

Thanks Blizzardo

4 Likes
1 Like

Me too, but literally 0 chance.
I am fairly confident the 29th has gone out the window now too.

1 Like

The level 50 version, which is completely untuned and stupid? You think you do, but you don’t.

But it doesn’t make any sense o.o i swear i read somewhere that prepatch will be 2 parts. How will they fit it in 3 weeks?

It is two parts, and I have no idea.
Week one and then two weeks of week two I guess.
I hope I’m wrong and it’s the 29th, I just don’t understand why it wouldn’t be confirmed already if it was in 8 days time.

There won’t even be point of a pre patch if they leave it any later…

Let us feel out the changes for more than 2 weeks, goddammit.

1 Like

They never said pre-patch will have two parts. They said there is a different build for pre-patch, and for SL itself. That allows them to work on both in parallel, without one affecting the other.

What this means in practice, is that pre-patch will be 9.0.1, and when SL is released, that’ll be 9.0.2, but 9.0.2 is not the second part of the pre-patch. It is SL.

1 Like

They were referring to the event, which does have two sections.

Yes, the event is a two-week long event. Still a single event, just timegated.

I’d rather believe it’ll be in 8 days time instead of anything after oct hits since that would really be too too late. At this point i’d rather they just skip the patch and go for launch.

…that’s literally what we all meant, but thanks i guess.

That’s not what you wrote, though, and you were wondering how they’d fit it into 3 weeks, when it is two weeks long. 2 < 3, but I guess you figured that out by now.

They said two parts, not two weeks.
One part in one week is very rushed. Usually a pre-patch or a phased event gives at least two weeks per chapter.

Take a week off for whatever reason? You’ve missed a big part of the entire event.

1 Like

It’s obvious that the “patch” itself isn’t split into two parts, instead the event in 2 parts. However, what i meant was, it’s simply too short. How will they fit everything in the pre-patch without making it seem rushed. 3 weeks is just too short imo. But we will see.

The event is literally on the PTR, and wowhead has detailed description. If you’re curious how they’ll fit it in, you can read up on it. There really isn’t all that much to fit in, to be honest.

WotLK had 4-week pre-patch, but the zombie invasion was 3 weeks only. Since the SL pre-patch has a lot in common with that, it’s not surprising that the pre-patch is only 3 weeks long.

We also had shorter pre-patch events: while MoP had a 4-week pre-patch, the event itself was a single week.

So… nothing really new in case of SL.

I’d like to unlock the remaining allied races i missed out on. Level one and at the same time experience the new levelling. I also want to do the event and i want to test and feel my main class.

I didn’t spoil myself on those stuff so i’d like to take my time to experience and test. 3 weeks is too short, period. Unless having to rush everything because i want to be set and done for launch. Which doesn’t sound fun at all.

Just because the pre-event has two parts does not mean the first part won’t be available when the second part starts. BFA Pre-Event quest chain was divided into two parts and the first part was available until the day BFA was released.

1 Like

No i still need PVP Islands, as alliance its hard with a 1-10 win chance. So i need atleast 1000 more expeditions for the achievement
I am also working on Brawlers guild,
I still need to do soem dungeons but people are too lazy to play its annoying

So much left to do

I think the rumors I heard about prepatch being delayed were true after all

There is no way they’re gonna release prepatch this Wednesday and I even think we can throw 29/30 September out of the window as well. So basically they could release prepatch at 7/8 (at worst 14/15). But honestly? If that were to happen, then I would prefer them cancelling prepatch and going straight for SL main patch.