Priest leap of faith abuse

As tank when i get priest healer in random finders or go in any mythic runs, every 3rd priest on average is using a leap of faith for abuse.

Blizzard please do something about it.

Thanks.

1 Like

Damm bro this sould be blizzard priority one!

Hate to be that guy, but when pug priests leap of faiths you its most likely because you are being a bot facetanking stuff you are supposed to run away from/kite

12 Likes

There is a difference when they use it as skill and as abuse or trolling.

My post is about abuse and trolling.

Cheers.

Buy a neural silencer.

4 Likes

this <3 ty for pointing out blizz already gave a solution to this issue
Neural silencer does prevent misdirect and tricks too tough so ur choice

Really, priests who abuse LoF are horrible, I’ve had it a few times on the worst moments, like looting a quest item and being tugged away so the other person could get it. Stuff like that…

I really only use it to save people from the brink of death or pull someone up onto a ledge they can’t get up on.

But I’m not sure, there may be some jerks abusing the spell, but I find that it’s an extremely handy utility (if used for good intentions) and is worth keeping in the game. :slight_smile:

There is an ingame solution to this problem. That is the answer I would expect from a support ticket for the issue. LoF is very useful for saving a tank, its sad that it is misused.

literally today on random bg some priest LoF me when I was on the glider to prevent me from getting the berserker buff -.-

And you whispered me right after with insults and left the bg.
Idk you have reserved every zerk in every bg you do? Dont act like a child. Dont act like it belongs to you. You just got outplayed while you did try to cheese your way to zerk. Deal with it…there are others that want it. I hope your ego didnt get hurt too much.

3 Likes

Speak about ego lol! I’m not gonna engage in your passive-aggressive conversation.

Dont. Its way easier to whisper profanities in game directly to me :+1: like a big man . You can actualy get banned/ silenced for it on forums.

Looks like LoF is going to be removed…

There’s ofc the easy fix with the neural silencer, and then there’s the code fix, of making it work in reverse, priest->target, as it should’ve always been.

I personally never use LoF because I’m a shadow priest, I can’t be arsed to keep track of dingus one and two during fights.

The only use case it have for shadow is in arenas, if the shadow for once in a life time isn’t the prio target. And maybe help shave 1-2 sec off from a M+ wipe run, which is generally low odds seeing as the priest will be there last anyway

I personally think it should be redesigned as something like a long range Heroic Leap, with a CD more suitable for a movement ability. And have Body and Soul add a 2nd charge as well. It would give the games most immobile class some actual mobility

Basically LoF is useful for saving a tank were needed. It would be sad to see it go.

I do not completely understand what do you mean by abusing. I mean, especially on Mythic runs, it would make totally no sense to be goofing around just to ruin the run by being mean and using Leap of Faith for something else is not designed for.

When I do especially high keys, Leap of Faith has been life-savior for tank and/or DPS in several of my runs. For example you can easily get knocked down in De Other Side or Theater of Pain if you are not careful enough. Just make mouse-over macro for your Priest Leap of Faith, use it and your work will be very much appreciated! And this obviously works in PVP as well, especially BG’s. Eye of the Storm is good example, the middle, where you are constantly being tried to knocked down.

I would personally never, ever, abuse of my skill. If someone does that, it is idiotism.

3 Likes

Mythic runs, i assume mythic dungeons and even keys?

in this case, mate, my dear tank, whenever a priest LoF you, it’s not because they are abusing you, it’s because you are doing bad tanking and positioning

1 Like

rolls eyes Yeah let’s just remove one of the most interesting/unique/full of flavour/fun skills in the game because one priest in maybe every ten uses it to slightly annoy you, and that slight annoyance hurts your fragile ego. Get over yourself. Same kind of person who wants Mei’s ice wall removed from Overwatch even though that was the reason I brought the game.

1 Like

Not to mention that it’s free rage from the charge

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.