Problems with the Female Pandaren

I have made a post about this on reddit, but I want it to be recorded here too.

I would like to bring attention to a couple problems that have made my time with this awesome patch a bit sour.

First. We didn’t get a lot of love in terms of customization options, but it’s alright. We will endure, for now. The options that we have been given are putting a spotlight to a problem that has plagued the Pandaren for an awful long time. Yes, we are talking about the neck seam. The point at which the head meets the body.

Here is an image of what I’m talking about, using one of the new hair customization options. The lighting helps to point out the problem even more.

This is a problem that should be fixed, otherwise fellow pandarens and I will always feel inclined to figure out ways to hide it, or just not use short hair options at all. Important to note, that all the new customization options are short hair like this.

Second.

What made me fall in love with Pandarens, are their combat animations. They are absolutely amazing. They bring their unique style, and technique into combat, and now we have lost a MAJOR chunk of that.

Here is a demonstration of how the animations looked like in Legion and BfA. If you slow down the video to 0,25 and just watch what happens between 0:04 - 0:06 then you will see the exact animation that I’m talking about. It’s the Animation that has been bound to ‘Bloodthirst’ for Warriors, or ‘Eviscerate’ and ‘Envenom’ for Rogues.

They have changed the animation that was bound to these abilities for the worse.

Here is a video that I just recorded, which shows the new animation.

My dear friends. I think we can all agree this is a change for the worse. As I said, I don’t know if this is intended, or not. They might have applied this animation across the board for every warrior, and they forgot that Pandarens had a unique one. I’m willing to be charitable. What I do know, is that I have reported this “bug” during the Shadowlands beta, not once, but twice when I seen no change come to it. Here we are, 9.0 has released with this animation for my fellow Pandarens. I have tweeted about it to the developers, and fallen on deaf ear, which is fine. They are busy bringing us the game.

There is also an issue where Pandaren are missing textures on their tail nubs. Shoutout to NinjaKnight on reddit for putting this image together and bringing attention to it.

5 Likes

The bug has been reported on us servers as well.

It feels that I am being spat to my face every time I press my Bloodthirst/Devastate button.

Is it the new standards of quality of Blizzard games ?

1 Like

The pistol still does not appear on pistol shots for rogue but my warrior feels already better.

Thank you

do you think this ongoing game issue deserves at least a blue reply?

1 Like

I just realised that the animation is back but not the sound effect associated with the animation… sad

The fast running animation is also gone. On my female pandaren monk when I use Tiger’s lust or chi torpedo twice ( 50+% movement speed), the running animation turns into a special one where the character holds the arm in front of it. Now it is just the regular running but faster.
I hope it will be fixed too. It was a real fun part of playing pandaren monk.

1 Like