Professions and Class Quests in New Classic

So I have been saying this for years and still haven’t changed my opinion - if classic is a journey to 60, we need to modify professions. At the moment, they aren’t as good as they can and should be. Especially crafting ones.

In normal classic, we craft 35 level green sword at 45, and it still requires huge amount of mats. And the sword is barely useful.

Why can’t we have several craftable epics? Note that blue leather at 23 which has 6 spirit and is garbage. Well ok, it’s not too bad but maybe have more of such items and even better items?

On the same note - what about having more class quests? Priest finish class quests at 6, then wait till 52. Why not put more and more for some classes? Warlocks seem to have endless class quests, like warriors I guess.

Any ideas or are we still rigid with “No Changes” stuff?

1 Like

In “normal classic” you don’t do crafting professions while leveling. You hit 60 and then you do your professions. The “meta optimal way”.

Because they didn’t had time for many things. Good crafted gear happened in TBC.

Play more classes to have more class quests.

Blizzard isn’t really adding new content to the game. They are very conservative with what already have been done to a point that the DPS meta will be pretty much the same.

In normal Classic I craft level 35 gear at level 25, and wait to use it.

But I’m so with you on the more Quests for professions and for Classes, would be fun - maybe a Seasons of Crafting down the line :wink: #NoChanges for Era servers though.

well this is just an exception that just confirms the general rule. the majority of players can not keep up equiping their main character with same level gear while leveling. specially in blacksmithing / tailoring. On your alt is always easier though since you can fuel mats from your main. But the main char can barely keep up.
maybe the increased nodes can help with that on blacksmithing but tailoring will stay further behind since the leveling is faster but cloth drop rates remain the same.

Yes, I don’t know why. I have no “fat” mains trading me mats, but I always am able to make things over my level when questing and levelling proffs at the same time - the only thing I’m always missing is pearls :wink: I’m not shopping the AH either. It might just be me. But strange it is.

So you want to make certain professions even more mandatory than they already are? No thanks.

You mean items like Lionheart helm, robe of the archmage and hide of the wild?
What about great blue quality crafted items like devilsaur set and bloodvine sets?

What? As a mage tailor main I had my dreamweave ready long before I was able to equip it. Gear that is good enough for people to bring to their first MC clears. Tailoring is extremely easy to keep up to the level you need while leveling, even on your first character.

2 Likes

Indeed that was the case with dreamwave before on original classic. As for my reply above, i was specificaly asnwering on the statement that players “craft level 35 gear at level 25”. (Was not refering on higher levels.)

In season of mastery with such accelerated xp that would not be the case for the majority unless you play some AH or stop questing for some humanoid grinding sessions. Something that i would personally avoid btw on my main on a fresh crowded realm.

Tested tailoring on warlock in SoM beta. Did some light humanoid grind sessions and i had to visit auction house for more cloth resources repeatedly as my level was going up too fast. I might have been a bit unlucky with cloth drops? maybe… But for sure it’s harder to keep up in SoM since the xp is bursting and grinding is reduced significantly.

I mean, you could just do a few dungeons. Isn’t that why blizzard is nerfing boosting, so that people will start doing dungeon leveling again? Most dungeons drops heaps of cloth. Questing in zones like stranglethorn vale never got you the required cloth.

I can see that in SoM you’d have a problem, because of faster leveling. But I spoke of the original classic Era/TBCC
Level 35 gear at level 25 was just an example, because level 225 in any profession is where I’m normally stuck for so long waiting for my caracter level to get to 35. I can always, and the whole way from the beginning to max. craft items that I cannot use. Maybe in SoM I’ll craft at-level items :slight_smile:

You will for sure. you will just have to grind some humanoids (instanced or not) and visit ah and you will be fine. Just don’t focus only on questing because that will leave your crafting professions behind.

It always did…

I dont know, im almost certain that retail kids will exploit this in a very wrong way… mb at best let us have 2xsecondary proffs, 2x gathering proffs, 2xcrafting proffs, but still seems WAY broken. Besides we all role engi/herb ether we pvp or pve, and make an alt for alchemy+X proff.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.