Prot Paladin viable

Hello Dear Blizzard.
I Suppose there is no plans for prot palls to be viable spec in wow Classic. So here is the question - are you going to make some plans to make prot paladin more viable? Can this spec be made more potent, so prot paladins can exist in wow classic?
I mean - some gear that can make judgement work as taunt. Some items sets to make pals retain or regain their mana while tanking.
I do understand, as I hope, you too - that there would be the time when wow classic would stop following general releases line and would evolve to its own game. I bet there are things you want to implement, that were skipped in vanilla. And if this is the case - you could at least throw a bone to some classes by adding some new items, to alleviate wow classic class situation.
Lets be real, prot pal is broken, FUBAR BANDY. Pal has prot skills that proc on enemy crit, its like - they are ultimate sacrifice, raid needs to make, by not taking them to raid.
Would like to hear some official statement.
And if there are players wanting to vine that it would not be a vanilla experience - please, go play your class in some other sand box.
Thanks you.

If you look at what 2.x brought, Paladin taunt (kind of) was one those things, with Righteous Defense (which in my opinion was more interesting than normal taunt even if harder to use).

The whole ā€œBROKEN!!11ā€ thing however is really tiresome. It seems everything is ā€œbrokenā€, ā€œruinedā€ or ā€œgarbageā€.

Protection paladins can tank more stuff than they get credit for, itā€™s just mana and lack of taunt complicate things, and itemization in Vanilla is in general severely imbalanced, so a class that might work better struggles to get gear or has to go for very niche choices like feral druids do in their own way.

On the other hand, classes were not designed to be mutually interchangeable, but to have weakness and strengths, and protection paladins bring things to the table warriors just donā€™t. Itā€™s just easier to reduce a class/spec to a certain role and dismiss them as inferior compared to another.

I love prot pallies for aoe runs =) Give em a sec and they hold aggro like beasts.
Sure, Paladins are weak against mobs and bosses that resets aggro, but thatā€™s also not all of them.

You should note that viable and optimal do not mean the same thing. Prot Paladins are very much VIABLE, as there are multiple people who have succesfully tanked all Vanilla content as Protection Paladins in the past. They are not OPTIMAL, because their job can probably be done much easier than an equally geared/experienced Warrior.

Google BoK taunt, that crap generates tons of threat.

1 Like

Correct thereā€™s recent videos of it in raids now

Making all classes linear is one of the things that made WoW a horrible game to begin with.
Prot paladins can cleanse, aoe farm on their own, buff, cast blessings which warriors canā€™t. Warriors are the best end game tanks in the game because they donā€™t bring anything else to the table.

On another note, paladins are incredible healers with sick mana effiency and their salvation blessing is the number one reason why alliance is the easier faction to raid with.

Classic is what it is. If they change one thing, then whatā€™s going to be next?

Apart from nearly unlimited DPS.

Protpally is a best 5ppl tank. Also its a best levelling and goldfarm spec.

prot paladins suck complete dirt

They are garbage tanks because they need to drink, warriors can aoe tank too but without the need to regen 3000 mana every single pull.
They also suck at farming cause their AoE damage output is garbage rn without judgement set or pvp set. my mage at level 34 does more aoe with his blizzard than my pallies consecrate(less mana too)

t. pally with full mc gear/deathbone

Watch my Youtube Channel Killerduki and enjoy in Tanking as Protection Paladin.

Not only Tanking 5 mans , but also Main Tanking Raids.
No, Taunt is not an issue if you know tactics , neither Taunt we need to do the job.
Neither Mana or Aggro is issue if you know how to play.
Neither Drinking if you know how to play.
Neither Surviving is any issue at all if you know how to gear.

Protection Paladins are best Raid Offtanks and so much more Optimal and Viable as 2nd-3rd-4th Offtank compare to Warrior as 2nd-3rd-4th Offtank , if Protection Paladin know how to play.

They can do same and are equal as Warriors as Tanks , just they do work different way achieving same thing.

I donā€™t know about paladin tanks in raids but I do know, as a healer gouping many times with druid, paladin and warrior tanks, that I would take a paladin over a warrior in a dungeon because pug warrior is honestly hot garbage 9/10 times. While with paladin tanks it has always been smooth runs.

Stop complaining. They wonā€™t change it, no matter how many times and how hard you cry here. What you see is what you get. If you donā€™t like it, respec.

Prot pala will be viable in Naxx. For dungeons itā€™s already more than viable. You donā€™t have taunt because you donā€™t need it, the rest of the grp needs to wait so you can get enough threat.

Sorry, where am I complaining exactly?

Here you are complaining for sure:

You know that Blizzard wonā€™t change anything, still you come here and complain that the class/spec is broken. It is not actually, it is working as intended. You claim that people who ā€˜vineā€™ about changing the game is not the vanilla experience, that they should play a different sandbox mmo. I would say that you should do that, since the #nochanges people donā€™t complain. They appreciate the game how it is.

If you want the tanking META you should have rolled warrior. You shouldā€™ve known that pala tank isnā€™t optimal since there is 15 years worth of experience out in the open.

Suggesting changes to a game of which you know the devs wonā€™t change anything equals complaining. You did your best to formulate your complaint in a sneaky way so that it doesnā€™t look like a complaint in the first place, I will give you that. But you fell through the basket here:

Thatā€™s a complaint. Now, how do I know itā€™s a complain? Because the definition of a complaint says nothing about the way you do your complaint. The latter is just a statement that something is unsatisfactory or unacceptable (official definition).

So you did complain about prot pala being broken.

Go play something else if you donā€™t like it.

Do you really not see youā€™re talking to an entirely different person?

Lol yeah my mistake. My post was meant for the OP.

No problem. Kinda my fault for covering my face I guess.

Mate we are 2019 and this game is far from new.

Do whatever makes you happy and njoy the game!
Play whatever you want and be good at it!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.