Protection help - Too many cooldowns

I’m currently leveling a warrior by spamming dungeons, and I never seem to see the end of new defensive cooldowns. They all seem to overlap with one another.

First, we have the two very short cooldown abilities: Ignore Pain and Shield Block. I’m currently trying to keep Ignore Pain up at all times and dumping excess rage into Shield Block, but is that the right playstyle?

Then, the cooldowns: I never know what to use and when to use it, and it takes a lot of space on my actionbar. What’s really the difference between Demoralizing Shout and Shield Wall, beyond just one being more effective with a higher cooldown?
When taking aggro of a pack of mob, it always seems like the best way to take it is to just pop all of the defensive cooldowns at the same time, including the damage-specific ones, so I’m really tempted to just make a macro with every spell inside it, since they’re off the GCD…

You’re doing it wrong. You keep block up as long as you’re being melee’d. Excess rage goes into ignore pain. (In low level dungeons it’s possible that ignore pain is just better due to how bad the scaling of low level content is right now.)

Demo Shout makes the mobs affected do less damage to you. Think of it as a mini shield wall with a weird requirement. Shield Wall is your big defensive CD which is sadly on a very long timer these days.

Popping all CD’s at once is not the best way to play, no. Also, macro’ing abilities is a stupid idea. Just keybind your spells better and realise that some classes in WoW are not as simple to play as others.

avatar and demo shout are basically dps buttons too :wink: combine talents “unstoppable force " + " booming voice”

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.