PSA: Blizzard Authenticator 🔒

Reminds me off the CS tweet the other day

I had a physical authenticator when they were introduced and only replaced it with a phone authenticator when the physical one stopped working :laughing:

4 Likes

So vulperas get a free authenticator? HORDE BIAS!
:stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Tbh, I’ll be happy with some kind of microchip in my skull, then I don’t have to worry about it if my phone gets stolen.

…I don’t have normal person priorities, I care about very little of what’s deemed important these days.

1 Like

One can only hope xD

And then you’d be kidnapped to have it forcibly removed. Don’t put it past what criminals would do. :scream:

1 Like

Thanks for posting this!

Authenticators are fantastic and we’d really like to see more people to start using them. The in-game unlocks are great too, but the real reward is peace of mind as you know your account is safe and secure.

Have you added an authenticator to your account? Why, or why not? :).

9 Likes

Not everyone got phones, thats why i never had one.

4 Likes

Man… how do you play Diablo Immortal then :thinking:

4 Likes

Why’s this thread locked?! :astonished:

1 Like

I don’t :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Then I shall put it somewhere they’d won’t dare look, especially after a curry!

1 Like

I think if you still use the link it will enable you to put on a different 2-factor security setup.

Because i’m good like that :sunglasses:

I HAD one (phone app) but then my phone died and it took me 3 months to replace said phone so I couldn’t use the SMS protect because I had no phone and couldn’t access the authenticator, because i had no phone.

kind of feels like putting all my eggs into one basket.

5 Likes

Similar thing happened to me when my sister’s puppy way back when chewed up the Authenticator fob on my car keys while she was visiting (Keys were on door, dog was left in hallway)…

CS had it removed easily with some verification that I am the owner of the account, and I swapped over to the Phone App authenticator without issue.

1 Like

Do you need to do authentication every time you log in to play? I’ve never added it because I am lazy and that sounds like faff… But if I’m being silly and missing out on extra bag space for no reason, I’d be happy to stand corrected!

No, you can set it to only do it once for that computer.

1 Like

Sweet - extra bag space here I come!

1 Like

I’m another person praising the authenticator because I got my acount stolen by gold sellers back in Wrath. Perhaps i just had horrible luck as it happened the day after i went from trial version but most likley i just used a password that were easy to crack. After help from support everything worked out so now I got both the app on an ipod and the sms protect just in case.

1 Like

No, I rarely ever have to use the authenticator, I got the physical one way back and it’s still functional. It’s mostly when logging in from a new computer that hasn’t been used for WoW before or if I reinstall windows. You can make it require a code for every login as well if you want that.

2 Likes

I got the physical authenticator back in wrath and still have it. Added sms protect when i returned for bfa :ok_hand:

1 Like