PTR cannot work after 8.1. patch

Hi,
I have problem with sign into the PTR WOW after I instaled 8.1. patch (clasic WOW is going perfect). Client is loading way too long and at firt time It said I have to instal new drivers, so I did it (win, grafic…), nothing. Game dont show me my characters on server and I cannot create new character. It said “Character creation is timed out”.
I tried delete catch, reinstal game, repair it with “Scan and repair”, turn off Stream, change DX11 and DX12, run it as admin, but I still cannot login :frowning:
I have PTR WOW on diferent disc like clasic WOW (I have less space on SSD disc). Can that be the problem?
Please help me

8.1 changed the directory layout so that PTR and Live, etc, share the Data directory and only have separate directories for configuration, cache, etc. So I imagine you should now be running PTR out of the main install.

I know about the new directory layout. I tried run game in the battle net and wow.exe, but Im not sure what do you mean? :frowning:

What I meant was, as the clients are now together in one place, you may need to go through the PTR install to get that in to the main install directory. It shouldn’t be as vast, as the Data is supposedly shared.

Also, I think there is some PTR issue with newer accounts preventing logon, look at the PTR forum: https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/no-realms-available-wow51900309/11340/6

Thank you for your answer. I have old acc for PTR, but I try reinstal WoW on same disc and I will see :slight_smile:

Heya,

Please note that this Technical support forum is dedicated to the live version of World of Warcraft. For any questions or issues with the Public Test Realm client, please refer to the In Development forum.

Have a few seconds to spare? Let me know how I’m doing!