PuG wipe on Patchwork in Naxx 25

So, everyone here says the social aspect is important in Classic.

I just wiped 3 times on Patch 25 because healers didn’t talk to each other and one of the tanks just kept dying without getting any heals.

If being social is so important, why can’t people communicate with each other and assign themselves as healers. Literally 1 sentence.

2 Likes

Im more confused why pugs try to 3 heal naxx 25. Sure a guild can do it. But you are really taking risks of a wipe with running that few in a pug.

3 Likes

We had 4 heals, 2 holy palas, disc and rshaman.

They all spammed one tank, 2 tanks didn’t get healed for like 6 seconds, 3 wipes in a row.
We wiped 3 times in a row on the most simplest mechanic that is countered by 1 sentence of healer assigns.

PuG raid

There’s you’re issue, right there. This is why I would never, ever do a PuG raid, even if the sky was falling down.

I do 2 guild raids per week, also some extra Naxx 25 runs on weekends.

Still amazes me.

1 Like

Fair enough. Even running 4 is pushing it. Most 25 man pugs should just aim to 5 heal patchwerk. While 4 healing the rest.

If any of those 4 is slightly undergeared a tank death is not a surprise on patchwerk.

1 Like

How can you make friend if you don’t play with random unknown players ? Are you skipping the famous Classic experience ?

2 Likes

Yes I am. Had far too many lousy experiences with complete and utter douchebags in PuGs. My famous classic experience is mostly playing solo, or doing guild runs, and that’s just the way I like it.

3 Likes

I mean, all my social prompts go unanswered.

I try to talk people when I join dungeons, everyone just ignores me.

3 Likes

What was the tank gear like? I think people get used to healing really geared tanks, even really geared tanks get smacked to hell and back on Patchwerk, less geared tanks can do it fine but you really need people spamming all 3 tanks, or at the very least the main tank and the first hateful tank.

Yeah so, you think you do but you don’t is real.
But hard for Classic ERA players to accept that.

I still recall my ‘social experiences’ in random Wrath dungeons, back in 2008 with great ‘fondness’.

Me: “Hi”.
tumbleweed
Me: “Any chance of doing optional bosses?”
tumbleweed
Random Twit1: “GOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGO”
Random Twit2: “FAST RUN PLZZZZ SDKIP ALLL”

And the group proceeds to speed run through the dungeon, chain pulling everything in sight at breakneck while the DPS pull ahead not even waiting for the tank. Then they exit the group in total silence.

That was the fantastic social experience we hearken back to.

4 Likes

Can i answer a stupid thing like other Classic players said to me when i said exactly the same thing ?

“Maybe the problem is you ?”

LOL

2 Likes

I suggest asking in chat for Patchwerk strats. It rallies the raiders.

1 Like

2 tanks were super geared, druid had 45 k hp, warr around 40, and pala 38ish, but they died cause all the healers just healed the same tank.

1 Like

This is why I play in guilds, pugs are just a time waste. I main tank Patchwerk every week on my Warrior, and I’m geared towards higher dps (2x dps trinkets, fully hit capped, expertise gems), not had a death on Patchwerk since the first week.

I know pugs can be good, but those are usually organised communities and the typical LFG pug is gonna be really hit and miss. Start raiding with a guild now because Ulduar is far above Naxx difficulty.

Becuase the healers are bad? Our guild do not have healing assignments and it going great.

Paladins should have beacon on MT and heal OT, very simple math, dont know why they would need to communicate that.

important question indded

Well they all healed the same tank.

Nothing about communication then, just bad players imo.

Needing healing assignments in such an easy raid that Naxx is right now if you run with 4+ healers are YIKES.

If you have 2 paladins and they are not doing what they should do + to top the meters with a disc priest who would get so much absorb healing done is scary.