Putting Tusks of Mannoroth on Black AH is wrong

I’m better than you ??? I never said that. I merely stated that I know what its like to not get what you want. Why are you getting hostile?

I dont care about that. I’m here addressing blizzard.

So thinking that you’re right and to stand firm in your opinion is a bad thing…

Right… you’re very used to conforming to the opinions of others aren’t you?

As for OP I know you did it a lot but end of the day its just pixel’s don’t get worked up over them .

Yup. But hey, I love the game like yourself and I love the special things that give us epic journeys and memories. I dont like seeing such things get watered down.

But at the end of the day, nothing of it realy matters anyways, atleast I can not se a reason to get upset about it now, heck had it been current content and then you would be able to buy it for gold, then yeah it would have been realy stopid.

I do empathise with you and understand what you mean and I will not lash out at you like some of the other’s here and there heavy handed views and ways of expressing themselves which leaves somewhat to be desired .

I can see both sides of the coin and it does not bother me either way being honest ,I have put in over a 1000+ kills on Mimiron and to see it go for 2 million recently kind of stang a bit but when it does drop for me I will scream like the big girly I am and that’s the feeling they will not get from buying it ,remember that :wink:

So. You thinking. That I haven’t experienced random bs. That I am some newbie towards the internet and the forums…should be considered a compliment? Aight…

I am against you thinking that your opinion and idea is somehow trumps everything.
I can also for example…hmm. “Make mythic gear purchasable with gold tokens”(the worst idea I could come up with on the spot :rofl: ) and then run straight to Blizzard: Blizzard! Listen and make this idea reality. Screw the rest of the playerbase who wants to run over me with a car for this atrocious idea! THEY ARE NOT IMPORTANT! Listen to me! and Just me! And only me! I know best! Screw the rest!

Proposing an idea which can be discussed on the forums = :+1:
Make an idea and ignore the rest who disagree with it. Don’t like it? Well though luck. Blizz is will do as I say anyway. = :-1:

I mean… it will still be rare since it will probably be sold for the max price, and theres a lot of people who don’t have that much gold in the game. Besides, they won’t be on the BMAH every day.
I would understand being angry about items that are prestigious, like old elite gear/gladiator mounts/challenge mode items etc… being on BMAH, since you were only able to get them while it was a challenge. Killing Garrosh isn’t really a challenge nowadays compared to MoP.

Your point being what? That I should not say anything? And just accept what is without objection?

You’re the 2nd or 3rd person to tell me this. And its honestly getting tiresome.
Just because its not gonna change doesn’t mean I shouldn’t speak up.

Feel free to disagree. i dont care. But telling me not to voice my opinion and give up… its so horridly conformist. Non-ambiguous.

All good man. And yes, that final comment you made is my exact point.
And fun fact. Blizzard’s former loot designer talked about this in an interview. Its on youtube.

They split because of disagreements but the former badge system we had during WOLTK, Cataclysm etc was argued against by him because they realized that the impact on loot was far less meaningful when just buying it compared to getting it from somewhere.

Which is part of the mentality why we dont have PVP vendors anymore. Problem is their current itteration doesn’t work either. Too much RNG.

Nope. I never said that. I merely stated that I am not either.

I have not ignored anyone unless they became hostile or tried to anger me.
I’ve politely disagreed with people over and over. So… void point there.

Correct and correct.
My point simply is that the expeirence is different, the journey is destroyed and you buy your way to a reward instead of playing the game to procure it and getting a mega reward that blows your mind.

And it does. I’ve never jumped around so much than when I got it. And it sucks to see that expeirence being rendered optional.

1 Like

That is subjective. I have Tyrael’s Charger as the one thing that I find most special TO ME… And I don’t FEEL special for having it, and I think to myself “Hmm… It’d be nice if people could get it as well”.

Don’t project your baby-like fascination of things on to other players. Personally I look at Corrupted Ashbringer and think “Oh, a’ight”.

Why do I feel like you’re about to explode in to tears over a statement someone made?

Whenever I read these “Let me keep this thing special because I demand it so!” types of threads, I always imagine the poster being so very close to exploding in to a loud annoying sob.

You still have to bid against other players, so it’s not like you have 100% chance to get it even if you buy it on the BMAH. And the time you spent farming it, someone else might have spent farming enough gold to be able to bid on it.

your first post was fine, to some extent, but you came out like an entitled person in some of your other posts, there is no point in arguing whit any of us once you se people do not aggree whit you, you could have left it at your first post, and everything would have been fine, people would still not have aggreed whit you, I do understand where you comming from, and things can feel bad at times, but just stop trying to get your agendas on everyone else, it will not work and it only fuels the rest to eighter troll you or become more aggressive against you, there is no point in it.

Personally I refuse to spend more than 1m on the BMAH, did a few times 2 a 3 million to stoke the bidding war. Well if I won I would have had the sha mount so no lose for me but I refused to let it go for a mere million, people were a bit slow. Did bidding wars alot in MoP but stopped if the prices went up into the mutple of millions or over 2.5m for mounts, I like a gold buffer and not spending it all over a few mounts.

Top the OP end of the day it is a person’s gold in WOW and it is up to them to decide what they want to spend it on.

As these items are very rare I suspect the price could go up to 10 million plus who knows. The entire point of the BMAH is to give people a chance to get rare items who do not grind them.

Having these items on the BMAH does not dilute these items in anyways and remember not everyone grinds things in WOW, there are people who are smart enough to make millions off the regular AH, so congratulations to that lucky person who coughs up the amount of gold to earn the Tusks.

Im not opposed to anyone getting tusks. Please read.

Why are you insulting me? Is it wrong to the hyped or excited about seeing old, mega rare, unoptainable loot?

More insults.
Okay. You made a great point. You admit to reading posts with extreme negativity and prejudice. Which is where you chose to start a dialog with a hostile attitude and insults to which I know dont have to really care about what you have to say.

Good day.

Very true. But its just not the same.

You are making the same mistake as the Aibury. Reading without thinking, merely judging me based on what you believe you see.
I’ve politely disagreed with several people. I’ve not been hostile as many other have been. I’m not entitled. I’m here trying to defend what I consider VERY good game design and i dont want to see it ruined. Is that entitled? To argue in favour of good game design? Christ, entitled would be me saying " Give me the tusks! I want them! Raise the drop chance!"

I dont have any agenda. I’m here sharing an opinion on WoW’s design direction.
And the fact that you dont like me counter-arguing is just weird. This is a debate. We disagree on things. Thats just how it is.

Your whole reply here is completely nonsense. First you tell me to give up and now you’re making false statements portraying me as some crazy troll and radical angry guy who’s telling people what to think.

I am neither of these things. I’m here saying that I believe the tusks should not be bought, that buying things in a game takes away from the experience, which Blizzard’s former loot designer even agreed on. And that people are free to disagree all you want because Im here talking to Blizzard who disagrees with me too.

But that isn’t going to shut me up.

yeah I’ve never gone that far.

Highest I’ve done is around 500k. But I stopped long ago.

Correct. But its not about diluting the item itself initially. Its about diluting the journey to the item. The reputation the item has. I’ve already explained some examples in the original post.

You are missing the point, not everyone plays WOW in the same way you do. You may care about the journey but a person may only care about having that 1 rare item no matter the costs or someone may want this item simply to complete a transmog set or someone may simply want these items for an achievement. The same goes for any rare thing in WOW.

I know that I personally want Invincible because I love flying horses in WOW and there are not that many of them and well who could say no to Invincible? Do I want it for the journey?

No. Would I spend the time to farm gold in WOW or buy a ton of tokens to have enough gold to outbid everyone on the BMAH to get it? No, because I do not see the point in paying that much real life money to get an in game item that is not real. So I keep happily doing Icecrown each week on 3 alts in hopes I get it.

I have said it before but you are so extremely tunnelvisioned. You like the journey to your item. thats nice and all but you are late to the party you werent complaining when it happened to others items. The only reason you are complaining now is because its an item you got the old way

Too add on this

you clearly did not have any problem buidding on other items in the past yourself instead of complaining

Take everything into moderation, even world of warcraft.

This has been blizzard motto since classic.

Ah yes. I see what you mean. But I argue from the perspective of the former loot designer.
Buying things simply isn’t as gratifying. And some things should be hard to get.
Not everything should be simply available in a variety of ways. I consider that bad game design personally.

Example. I would not want raid armors to be gotten from other places than raids. I dont want PVP armors to be gotten other places than PVP.
Incentive to do the content. Incentive to play, incentive to for instance go on long epic missions, or in regards to Vanilla wow, go on hard class quests like the lvl 60 ones that were quite tough.

I find it appropriate for things to be locked behind specific requirements. Forcing us to do them to get them. Otherwise why bother even making the initial method when we may as well just place all loot on the auction house and have a bidding war all day long.

I mean based on what many are saying here it sounds like they’d be happier players if we got rid of PVP and raiding and dungeons and just put all loot on 1 big auction house and the rest of the game was running around collecting money.

That is not my idea of fun. But again. just my opinion.

Ok.

Attempt at calling me a hypocrite are we? Well, if you had any intellect you’d know that I didn’t call the black AH a bad thing in general if the items put on it are not available in the game = nax 40 gear. Which is what I bidded on.

Alas. I’ll be nice and stop replying to you now because its simply getting embarassing how mad you are getting with every single reply.

Void point. Its okay to like things and be hyped about things. Enjoy things greatly and value them.

You’re welcome to. :slight_smile:

anyway just look at this guys replies, can we stop replying to this troll?

If only Blizzard would put the item up as a replica. Replica Tusks of Mannoroth. That way people that want it for the looks can buy it, but people that want the Original for the name can still show off their prestige. Same goes for T3.

1 Like