Putting Tusks of Mannoroth on Black AH is wrong

Because some people take WOW wayyyyy too seriously to the point where they want to say if you buy anything then you did not earn it or somehow it is not the same item that they grinded to get.

I would buy it on ah
Saves time

!00% agree here. Id love them for my maggy orc but I would prefer to get it the proper way.
Next everyone who is not ignorant of it or have the gold will be running round in these. Then it just looks silly becuause lots of players have the same xmog.
Dont know about yous but if i see someone with a similar mog to mine on my DK, I insta change.
Like being out and spooting some dude in the same jumper/hoody etc LOL

it really depends, some people make alot of gold easily by playing the ah while others are still swimming in the legion/wod mission table dough due to their army of alts

Literally what lmfao

Yeah I’m super excited when I see a 30 year old man wearing a super rare collectors edition star wars t-shirt only sold in timbuktu during 1992.

I don’t understand how you people can this way about a wow transmog.
It’s a game, calm down.

1 Like

Lxser has a cool mog.

I’m more concerned that someone can be so obsessed with computer generated pixels but that’s just me.

“slurps from soda”

2 Likes

I don’t remember whose meme was this and I’m sorry for stealing it, but I really felt the need to use it

(I’m joking BTW, I don’t agree but I don’t really care either, your reasons are as good as mine I guess)

1 Like

Random orc with Shadow orb ——> Alexandros —-> Darion ——> Tyrion. Not really a big journey. Alexandros killed some low level undead , Darion used it to defend Lightshope and Tyrion used it to smash Frostmourne. That’s not even close to the story of many other weapons.

And ? Frostmourne was a Rituale weapon not a fighting weapon? Almost any weapon infused weapon could have done that

This is a piece of gear, just like any other… It just has a low drop chance… If you like it, good for you, use them as much as you want. But you’re not special for having them.

Can’t say I care what transmogs other people use.

Why? It’s a video game, it’s not like you climbed K2.

Skill has absolutely nothing to do with it…

It’s luck… Pure and simple… Sure it helps being stubborn, but in the end, it’s all luck (or a lack thereof)…

Ehm… You can get lucky when you kill the guy too…

I don’t even like the damn things, so I personally don’t care whether they are made obtainable elsewhere or not…
But these tusks seem more like an obsession for you…

Calm down dude…

1 Like

Tusks of Mannoroth are a Prestige item. An item earned through effort and luck. While you can put in a ton of effort and raise the gold needed to get it off the BAH, it then just corrupts the prestige into a nasty P2W mess.

Riot did something similar in League of Legends, labelling “prestige items” as such but making it that it was only prestigious if you had the money to buy it.

WoW should not become a monetary-elitest haven.

But if you want to show off how better you are than others, isn’t PVP made exactly for that? I fail to understand how this is an achievement. Most time spent?

Prestige items are gotten through skill, not mindless grinding aka “effort”. Clocking in to grind a bit isn’t any accomplishment.

3 Likes

Thanks chief

Seems my thinking that the OP has an RP main - almost certainly an Orc - may not be totally unfounded… that said, posting on a known RP-Realm main increases the tendency for other readers to lose credibility with thread content faster; if what I read comes across as RP-loaded & the OP is posting on an RP Realm character, I know I’m not the primary audience for their thread.

Forget about the tusks, I want there to be an ingame option to earn the dreadnought shoulders again.

Don’t all Warriors…??

So you got LUCKY and someone getting them off the AH will get LUCKY. I see no difference.

2 Likes

Really dude? Earned through hard work? If it was MOP then sure. Now it’s bfa. literally any random lvl 120 guy can solo that instance with ease. What effort? What hard work?

It’s an RNG based piece of gear.Might as well allow a few people to buy it with gold. who cares?

2 Likes

Summing up this ridicioulus tread:
You mad because you did grind to get those tusks and you’re jellous that other people will have to spend ton of money (and to accumulate such sum was probably more time consuming and effort than just farm those tusks as raid can be done once a week only) to aquire this item.
I bet when you won’t have those allready you’ll be first in line to BMAH to purchase it there.
FFS. This game allways was to please every type of player - you want grind luxurious items and show them off as your “prestige trophy” go ahead. You want just buy exotic items from shady black market from unknown source (maby some unordinary treasure hunter took dangerous trip to get this item and now he only want to make a good deal) it’s up to you. People are hardcore, people are casual, people are PvP, PvE, Battle Pet trainers etc. There’s ton of activities for EVERYONE. Not some arrogant prestigious pricks thinking that only way you deserve cool lookig items is spend hours to grind one item, and of course you can’t do it normally way - you have to go back in time and do that when MoP Siege of Ogrimmar was top raid and you have to do it with your over the top hardcore progression guild you’re master of.
Quick whining and go play Classic if you feel so important. Or go wank yourself to screenshot of your character with those tusks on.
Seriously dude. You’re acting like little b**** and arogant prick.