PvP Boosters Destroyed the meaning of arening

PvP Boosters Destroyed the meaning of arening… GG blizz and GG ppl who pay to win… this is disgusting!!!

8 Likes

Does that mean 6-7 ilvl is too big of a difference?

2 Likes

In that case, arena has been destroyed since the beginning; As this has always been a thing.

:man_shrugging:

Sure, people have been buying Arena teams back in TBC, so it existed right when arenas got introduced. But in the amounts we see today? Doubt it.

I heard some people around me about facing gladiators in 50% of the games between 16 and 1800… That’s just … a whole different level.

1 Like

Never in such scale though. What happened this season is plenty of raiders bought boosts and never played arenas again. Then a lot of people who wouldn’t ever be able to get rating themselves did the same. Then people started to abuse RBG. The fact that <1400 you meet 226 ilvl apes that still manage to lose some games is mindblowing. Of course you can beat them but they also might get 2x lucky crit and you lose. If you have some experience from previous season and you use most of your toolkit you’re going to go through them but new players no way. Also that Spider mount should be easily obtainable for new players to encourage them to get into arenas.

https://luduslabs.org/sotl - if this data is true only 30% of the ladder will get Spider mount. It’s just ridiculous.

According to these stats participation is also way higher than previous seasons so technically we should all have higher ratings. Wrong. Because boosting players drop their mmr and then beat other low mmr people they make their MMR even smaller. That’s why 1400 became new gate for some players.

I don’t blame boosters it’s just free gold for them and as we all know PvP players don’t earn a lot. That’s their source of gold income. Boosting is killing the ladder and that’s fact.

Maybe players like us who play it for years - we can deal with this but remind yourself how bad you were in the first season and then imagine that you fight gladiator player who dropped mmr to boost another guy. He would absolutely destroy you. Denying the fact that boosting is bad for the ladder is just laughable. We need fresh blood. Otherwise at 1800 we will wait in long queues like now.

1 Like

Probably counting the PvE-surge in the beginning and not looking at currently ongoing participation

1 Like

Indeed but still higher participation = rating inflation. Since most of PvE players played PvP in last season of BFA it had these crazy ratings of 3700+ and everyone was way higher than previous seasons. This season with even higher participation effect is opposite. Why? Because boosting kills mmr. If you play vs someone who dropped his mmr to very low no. but then he beats you your mmr also drops. How many times did you meet these players that take their gear of and go in the middle waiting for you to kill them. These are boosters who drop mmr. This happens more often nowadays than previous seasons.

i know they’re way more common than you’d expect, but also keep in mind that it is an account wide title and you need to differentiate between people playing their main/main class and people running around on their alts with their account wide title.

i’ve noticed people getting tilted before the game even starts if a “gladiator” comes running out the gates, and then you play the game and it turns out they’re at the rating they should be at. why? it’s their alt. i don’t know how common it is, but i think people getting in their own heads is a thing.

1 Like

So it’s only now an issue, because it affects the lower bracket that typically dont get high anyway? That doesn’t seem right, either it’s always been destroyed or it hasn’t.

Read above, scale of it happening shouldn’t matter, and it’s always been a very very popular thing on the higher ratings too (Or even people getting boosted for Elite transmogs in the past)

No kidding, Pve’ers flooded Arenas in the early season because it was the best way to gear, these players wouldn’t be in the count otherwise, so the parcitipation really isn’t much different.

Good, I don’t blame them either; I blame the casuals of the community that cant tolerate not getting the best gear, so they seek out boosters. :man_shrugging: Which then brings it all around.

Whereas this happens, and I wont deny it, I think it’s equally important to not spew entire BS, there’s this idea on the forum that it’s flooded by gladiators at the 1.2-1.5 and that’s not the case, the glad boosters are on way higher rating where it’s more fair. (Sure, you might face a glad every so often, but it’s far from every other game being one, as a lot try to claim)

Yeah, and that’s what got me motivated to start getting better.

This, so much this.
It’s not uncommon for low rated players to give up immediately, instead of playing the game out as they normally would. Ontop of that, people seem to forget that player did not get Gladiator alone, he did with his/her team, that doesn’t mean he’s gonna be good without them.

At the end of the day, I might just be annoyed that people first care now, when it’s starting to affect lower ratings a little bit, but same people never cared in the past when it affected the higher ratings.

Are you serious? Do you know what encourages players to get better? Fun. Not facing people who played thousands of hours and outplay you on every step. And not it’s not that these people think they are glads. They just want to have fun in the game and right now playing vs significantly better players isn’t fun. It’s fun when you progress and get better step by step not when you instantly face some top players. Imagine that you are taking part in your city chess championship and you meet Magnus Carlsen there. You won’t have fun. And that’s the purpose of ladders and mmr that means - match making rating. It’s purpose is to match people with similar mmr so there are no mismatches. When someone abuses it and drops mmr on purpose to get someone else gladiator it’s a joke. Do you know how boosters boost to glad? They get someone to 2400 playing on their high mmr/rating char because their mmr helps to get it faster and on 2nd char they drop mmr to 1000 and then get these 50 wins over 2400 vs complete newbies. Someone posted a picture of Rezus and someone else doing this. This is absolutely disgusting.

Also keep in mind that first people who bought boosts were PvE players who needed gear. This is basically poor Blizzard’s designing and negating the idea of the ladder and matchmaking. Good players don’t need better gear to increase the gap between worse players. The fact they play better makes them already higher rated. If you don’t understand that boosting is destroying the whole idea of competitiveness, ladder and matchmaking then it means you have to take part in the whole process.

For the sake of player’s fun they should take some actions towards boosting and address gearing in the arena and just because “I could get through it” and some other guys could it doesn’t mean that fun of all lower rated players have to be ruined. If 70% of players in the ladder can’t even get spider mount it means that Blizzard messed up miserably.

1 Like

How long you gonna live in past and bring excuses that boosting was a thing back in tbc? We are in a situation where even my grandma can be gladiator every season if she will pay, boosting became that easy thanks to blizzard encouraging it with this gear system. I am getting rmt boost offer at least twice every time I make lfg.

2 Likes

Well playerbase could have that extra 10-15 seconds reporting boosters in the finder. Guys boosting is only allowed to be advertised in the Trade channel for the gold. Keep it clean pls.

I think you just made an art out of missing a point.

I guess that PvP has never been fun then, since majority of the complainers have sat the same rating for how many years? :thinking:

You don’t instantly face top players currently, again, spewing this BS doesn’t make it accurate.

Stating a fact, isn’t living in the past. Boosting has been a thing since TBC, and it’s been very popular ever since cosmetic Elite sets, that’s just how it is.

She could’ve gotten glad in -every- season, if she would pay. OR are you gonna be delusional and state otherwise?

Then report it, that’s an insta suspension or ban. :thinking:

Nah dude, they rather go whine on forums and act as if that’s the sole reason they cant climb.

Far from, you’re just not able to get the point that was being made, no worries.

Stating fact from 2007 to use it as argument to justify something unhealthy in 2021 is indeed living in past.

I don’t really understand what are you stating here besides repeating same thing I wrote.

Ye Ye too bad I was getting offered it by same char for days straight eventho I was reporting him.
Justify boosting all you want, inhale as much copium as you can to pretend that everything is fine, it just states how outdated your way of thinking is. If it doesn’t affect you I am happy for you, but clearly it affects other people so stop judging everything from your pov.

1 Like
1 Like

Stating a fact, that started in 2007 and only became more relevant and stayed around, is not living in the past, but I guess your IQ is too low, considering you think Glad couldn’t be bought in the past.

Good way of showcasing you’re too dense, I never stated everything was fine, I stated it’s always been an issue, but it’s cute that it’s only an “issue” now, because it affects people that wouldn’t get rating anyway.

Or, I could keep judging people that cant accept they’re stuck, and cling to every excuse :thinking: Yeah, I think I’ll do that.

1 Like

Or you just don’t understand what the definition of fun is.

If not top players you face animals that were boosted by them and you have 30% stat difference.

Your stance clearly shows that you have to be involved in boosting. Either you are boosting or you bought a boost and now you are defending it because why on earth would anyone defend it while boosters themselves asked for it to stop. Magnusz and Revolol were basically saying that they don’t want or need it but if it still stays like it is it means they will be gold capped on few chars.

If that was the case, it wouldn’t be happening. I don’t see Drae asking for it to stop either, he’s notoriously known for boosting :thinking: I’ve mostly just seen a few streamers ask for it (Because majority of their community whines, never did they ask for it before that)

Heck, a lot of the streamers you support and praise, are in the scene and do it actively, but you were against them being punished for it, a little ironic, isn’t it?

True, I used to boost people back in MoP, which is why I have the stance that it’s not a new issue, and find it amusing that people care about it now, but not in the past. Which if you read, has been a big part of my point today :thinking:

And who said that it couldn’t be bought in past? I don’t remember stating it everywhere, but I said that it is especially easy now thanks to this many gaps of ilvl in gear. I guess your IQ is that nonexistent to comprehend English reading skill.

I don’t read you being against it in any of your clueless takes. Just proves how foolish are you at this point, you might be the booster yourself or using service, considering how you are against any idea which opposes it.

Imagine judging someone while hiding behind classic character, some rakar level of delusional mind over here :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: