Pvp gear in SL

I mean, i do miss WOTLK through MOP where pvp gear mattered, like, you enter a bg with greens or blues but it was awesome to see your character get stronger with each new pvp piece you bought.
As for pve not accepting people with pvp gear, well, it made you farm dungeons or get emblems to trade for gear, but gave you something to do and some sort of goal and immersion.
And yes, you had to carry 2 sets of gear on you at all times, but to me, it was fun.
And one may argue that pve gear had some influence on pvp, DBW HC and STS from WOTLK, the weps trinkets from DS HC in cata, but still, if you where fully pvp geared and one shotted pve people, it was glorious, and maybe that one guy who got one shotted started to go to bgs to get gear and do the same and the cycle went on.
To me, it would be awesome to have that system back in the game, what do you guys think?

9 Likes

I agree that we need honor and conquest gear from pvp and they should have different stats. Resilience or pvp power is fine but dev’s dont like it I think.

The other thing they can do is change the values on pve/pvp gear. For example:

Pve item: 1000 stamina - 2000 agility - some secondary stats
Pvp item: 1500 stamina - 1500 agility - some secondary stats

Or something like this. So pve’ers will have less hp but do more dmg which is good for pve, and pvpers will be doing less damage than pve’ers but will have more hp.

Kinda like resilience(you take less damage thanks to resilience, but you are giving up other stats to get resilience in the first place)

2 Likes

That would be cool yes, but seems the issue came from people who where too annoyed by being stomped on with greens or raid gear, when that separation between gear actually helped the pvp scene.

1 Like

Back in the WOTLK days, as i know you didnt get stomped with greens and blues (especially with the saronite pre pvp gear). You actually had a chance in BGS and low arena.
Today the whole item level thing is part of the problem.
Because you actually cant enjoy the game as a fresh character.
You start mostly with 70-90K hp when youre fresh 120, which means youre 300-400k hp behind most of the BG players.
This feeling of destruction and loss makes you think where to get better gear and then as a pvp player you scratch your had and smash it after you discovered you have to PVE to farm your gear for PVP.

To make the game as good as back in the days they have to remove the i level or atleast tweak it, add resilience back into the game and divide PVP from PVE because its simple as following:
You want PVP gear? Play PVP
You want PVE gear? Play PVE

Currently for me as i was away since wotlk/cata i feel completly in a different game.
And i liked PVP a LOT, farming your gear through BG/Arena was an awesome feeling, reaching 1650, 1800, 1900 etc. getting your arena Set piece to piece. You actually felt legendary when you won a game and you had a new very good weapon focusing for PVP.
Currently PVP is just farming PVE as much as you can…
There are people out there backpaddeling into 1,6/1,7k because of proccs by PVE gear…

10 Likes

Was commenting just that yesterday, so with a 1.5k rating you get 455ilvl pieces, no issues, just go and do a couple of mythics in the group finder and you will get ilvl 460 pieces faster and easier.
This should not be, the effort to obtain pvp gear should be pvp related, not pve, except your ocasional BIS trinket, but aside from that, pvp gear for pvp should be the norm.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.