PvP hunter suggestions

Now Hunter PvP currently is pretty bad.
I cannot say much about survival but mm in PvP needs survivability.

Withouth buffing abilities easiest way in my mind is to give hunters these changes which would not increase damage in pve in any way but would boost general mobility and defensives.

1. Turtle gets 2 charges, 90seconds cd each, with 4 seconds duration. If you pop both it would have same cd and same effect but more widely usable at 1 charge, so you could save it up for later.

2. Move post haste into baseline, replace post haste talent with 2nd charge of disengage.

3. In same talent row, 1st choice make hunter have+20% movespeed if not attacked by others during last 4 seconds, not 20% if hunter hasn’t attacked during last 3 seconds.
    Mm is cast heavy class and in PvP this has no meaning, it only has some meaning if you I guess can’t mount up?

4. Rework PvP talents. All the sting shots and especially sniper shot are just well, bad.
    I do not have suggestions for this but it needs a fix.

5. Aspect of cheetah has 2 charges, 1 minute cooldown. Half of its effect duration.

If we have worse defensives and mobility then lets us have it more often.

It will mean enemies will still be able to engage on hunter withouth many disadvantages, no perma kiting and such but we will be able to respond to enemy advances on us more often.

For what hunter is missing now is not healing or tankyness, it never had that, let boomies be tanky while kiting. Let us be more responsive as a class and make it harder to for enemies to force to use our hand as we could have escapes more often.

If you’ve ever seen some of the top hunters play in arena (there’s plenty of videos on youtube), you’d never say that.

True, 99% of them rely on Resonating Arrow for… well literally everything they do in arena (because the combination of shooting through walls AND massive crit chance boost is insane for arena, both offensively and defensively). But MM has access to a TON of CC (almost as much as rogue), it’s only a matter of how good you are at utilizing them.

Freezing Trap
Tar Trap
Hi-Explosive Trap
Binding Shot
Concussive Arrow
Scatter Shot

(if I’m not missing any)
Each of them with CD of 45 sec or LESS.

At this point, the only thing I REALLY want is the ability to use Aspect of the Turtle while stunned, so you can actually save your trinket for another dangerous situation. Plenty of other classes have defensive CDs that can be used when stunned (some even auto-break stun on activation), so it wouldn’t be THAT much of a stretch.

As a non-kyrian hunter, I have a hard time fighting players tho. Lack of a real stun I suppose. I made my bed, now I need to learn to sleep in it.

Watching jellybean play a hunter is amazing.
Watched him make a rogue rage quit because he kept ice trapping his shadowstep lol.

You can trap rogues shadowstep sure. But problem is kind of different.

Hunter was iconically mage killer. Mages had low armor ware class that used to kite and ware cloth so they took more physical damage+ once upon a time we had mana burn.

Right now Hunter in PvP is weak to classes we ware strong for multiple expansions before.

Hell right now I don’t think as a hunter I could win 1v1 Vs at least Vs majority of classes if I didn’t use Kyrian covenant.

The damage between resonating arrows is indeed pitiful, can’t put any meaningful pressure on at all, especially Vs plate classes

Its a bit weird to compare DISPELLABLE slow and root effects to stun effect. Everyone knows that stun is the strongest CC in the game because the player is locked and your mate cant purge it.

BTW
Mage has DB every 20 sec
Spammable, targetable poly with the same effect as traps
Nova
Shield slows the enemy if you hit it (passive slow)
Ring (aoe stun if well played with DB)
All of these on different DR

Lock has
AoE fear
Spammable fear
Passive slow!
Coil
AoE stun

Balance
Stun
AoE incap
Ranged disarm
Spammable clone
Spammable root

Etc.

CC is not a hunter speciality anymore. In the golden era hunter had the most reliable and biggest toolkit of CCs in this game

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.