PvP in Shadowlands

Use this topic to state your wishes for any changes you want to see to PvP Battlegrounds in Shadowlands.

Here are my personal wishes:

For casual battlegrounds

1. Mitigate ilvl difference again like it was in Legion or even more. PvP should be about teamwork and skill. Not about how many Mythic raids or Mythic+ you ran the weeks before.

2. Add an option to exclude premade groups when you queue. Premades should face premades, solo’s should be able to opt out of that.

3. Add back the option to exclude 1 or 2 specific battlegrounds per type

4. Don’t hide huge powergains behind PvE grinds and then ‘forget’ to turn them off in PvP. A grind is OK on 1 or 2 characters. Not on 16 of them.

As casual PvP is (or better ‘was’) one of the only options to really enjoy all of my alts, changes to make it more accessible on characters you do not spend time with in PvE content would be most welcomed. Casual PvE should be a place where people can enjoy their alts without investing huge amounts of time in them. They should have a more plug and play approach that is independent of what you did or didn’t do in the rest of the game.

17 Likes
  • Re-Introduce Honor again as currency.
  • Re-Introduce PvP crafted items as 1st step to join random battlegrounds -> Following up farming Honor gear from Battlegrounds -> Eventually enter Arena and start capping Conquest like it was pre-Legion.
  • Re-introduce Resilience as stat or something similar so someone who got lucky on PvE drops doesnt not troll you with trinkets & random procs.
  • Minimum ilvl to join random battlegrounds like its happening ALREADY at random dungeons so you dont get matched with people recently dinged playing with greens.

These basics and we are good to go for start.

22 Likes

SHOULD there be something like essences implimented again - disable them in PvP
SHOULD there be something like corruption again - Disable it in PvP
Tank trinkets - Disable them in PvP.

Seperate PvP from PvE again. At least do not force us in to “hardcore” Pve grinding just to be able to stand a chance in random Battlegrounds. And Yes I am one of those who wish for PvP sets, and I would happily grind them too.

CLOSE UP the possibility for premades in Random PvP.

Other than that , I am up for any new idears or changes.

9 Likes

Hopefully I can gear up fully by doing just PvP. If I have to go to Torghast for Legendary, thats fine because I heard it will be fun content you can do solo.

7 Likes

Yes I very much wish for this too!

1. Fire the dev team because they’re incompetent idiots.
  2. Hire a competent dev team.

This would fix every single issue with the game.

12 Likes

Not playing against people who don’t share the same alphabet.
Premades should only be against premades. Right now, casual BG is not enjoyable, completely ruined by ilvl 470 pve premades. The vast majority of bg players have to go epic bgs because of this. This is a serious concern Blizz should really take note.

3 Likes
  1. ilvl difference in bgs is stupid yes but if you just ding, que bgs and just gonna complain that you are getting 1 shoted. thats on you tbh… Also they not gonna change the que system for your gear. its true that pvp should be about team work and skill but if the whole team wont help or do objectivs, you just sit there and make 50+ forum post about why are alliance bad in pvp. You are not helping much.

2. premade quing will require a system that focus on that but prob be bad because people will find a way to exploit or ruin the bg. imagne if 1 guy leaves and your team is basicly 9v10 and with my experience doing rated bgs. things will be less motivating.

3. agree

4. make a splitt power grind to pvp and only for pvp. can be account wide like in legion where you had to do pvp to unlock pvp talents. i would say all pvp talents should be in the spec as a spell and the talents enchant/change the spell to do something else in pvp like monk fist of fury

I don’t think that anyone expects that you could be able to play Hulk in BG on a newly dinged char. Also I do not think that anybody has anything against grinding for PvP gear.

The problem comes when PvP’ers have to spend 99% of their time to become top raider like, in order to even stand a chance in -Random (!)- Bg’s.
Let’s face it, it is not only about Ilvl. It is also about the right essences, the right trinkets. and the right corruptions, and the leveled cloak, and the versa you have to grind for.
I mean if this was for rated play - No problemo. But we are talking RANDOM BG’s here.

As for the premades, It was never ment to be for randoms. And Blizzard used to take meassures to close the loopholes as they occured. These days they do not care much for PvP, and they just kinda let it behind - being as it is.

It is a shame that they do not care more for PvP. That they do not see that the PvP aspect can draw more players. PvP is a popular feature in games, a LOT even. Just look at games like Fortnite etc. They couldn’t become as huge if PvP was not a popular thing.

2 Likes

If we like playing unrated bgs we also have the right to some gear. It does not need to be top notch but something like 460 to 465. Similar to what stupid people at m+10 get when they pug

1 Like

I agree.

Also make affliction warlocks playable in pvp in SL.

I am a bit weak in pvp now, and thats coming from a warlock that pvped alot in WoD and Legion. :3

Maybe it was the set ilvl that made pvp bearable.

I’d like to see either pvp gear making Pve gear obselete in pvp, like a stat like resilience, or Legion pvp back for at least random battlegrounds.

Prehapes a solo que for bgs too, where you won’t bump into pre mades and be farmed for half an hour.

6 Likes

Gear should be absolete in casual PvP. I don’t mind being toned down on a character that outgears most players as much as I mind getting 1 shot on lower geared alts and I wouldn’t mind doing a minimal amount of gearing after reaching max level before being able to join casual bg’s (say up to heroic dungeon gear ilvl).

If you mind getting toned down on a well geared character, honestly, casual PvP is not your place to be. Casual pvp should be a place where you can enjoy a character regardless of how much time you spent on gearing.
This doesn’t mean you shouldn’t be rewarded for playing it. I think current gear rewards are OK, if somewhat on the low ilvl side. Time spent in PvP could make it easier for that character to complete some of the lower tier PvE content (world quests, LFR or normal raids, etc.) or to make an entry in rated PvP possible, but it should not make it easier to faceroll in casual bg’s. I’m totally OK to put everyone on a level playing field in casual bg’s. In fact it would make it more fun than just facerolling it. If you win, you win because you played well, not because you outgear others. That in itself is a greater sense of satisfaction than winning or losing because you (got) facerolled.

I think more people would actually join bg’s on more characters then ever before if this was the case.

4 Likes

I only want one thing. LET US PLAY PVP! Stop this pve grind.

7 Likes

Hi, I’d like to add some ideas for the PvP vendors.

We already have Marks of Honor as a currency which kind of but not really replaced Honor Points. We could use those to purchase PvP starting gear (Aspirant or Combatant or whatever) and then add Marks of Conquest which are rewarded for filling the 500 Conquest Point cap to purchase Gladiator gear.
It would be very easy to implement in my opinion, because we already have the pre-requisites. Since Marks of Honor are BoA, it would then be easier to gear up alts for jumping straight into PvP. Marks of Conquest should obviously not be BoA.

I’m also really fond of PvP-only stats like Resilience. It would finally make PvP gear viable again. Doing raids or mythic dungeons shouldn’t be mandatory to get good gear for PvP, doing PvP should be.

2 Likes

Nerf the healing
Focus on more for skills
Remove pre-made groups from Random BGs
Bring ranking+gear pseudo power system for different rank of BGs
And PVP talents should be completely move to PVP talent page, PVE talents shouldn’t have any PVP skills.

Great but i think its still good to play bgs for new chars/alt or skirmish. It will benefit bgs numbers. So green gear(for marks of honor) then blue(drop from unrated pvp) +10 ilvl then epic for rated pvp +10 ilvl. You can say that gap is too small but dont forget artifact-essences 2.0 in shadowlands there is ridicolous stuff here. When i heard about covenants i was like …“well its one sbility it cant be that bad” but this thing have whole new tree aka artifact 2.0.

And just make versatility only pvp stat. It imo dont fit into pve…thats like crit in pvp after 50% nerf :frowning:

2 Likes

No rather unnerf crit for pvp. Both heals and damage can crit. Balanced as it should be.

1. Implement gear scaling in PvP, like in WoD. Players would still be able to equip their gear of choice thus controlling their secondary stats. Enchants and trinkets could be usable.

2. Apply a maximum 5% difference in ilvl in instanced and open world PvP to encourage participation by making combat more skill and less gear-dependant. Gear would still matter but only marginally. It would still matter because a) five percent in ilvl is decent an advantage and b) ilvl is not everything (BiS items and trinkets can make a big difference and enchanting and gemming gear would be mandatory).

3. Introduce PvP vendors so that pure PvP players can gear up almost exclusively through PvP.

4. Mix all servers in the same PvP queue for random battlegrounds (German, Spanish, Russian, etc).

5. If a 5-man group joins the queue for a random battleground, make sure the other 5-10 people who end up in their team are solo queuers and not another pre-made group. This way, the 5-person cap will be enforced for good. This rule could be less strict for epic bgs.

5 Likes

COMPLETELY SPLIT PVE and PVP. I don’t want to have to farm PVE crap for hundreds of hours just to be able to play arena competitively. It’s so fkn stupid.

6 Likes