Pvp is terrible. Blizzard is to blame

The solution is simple; If you achieve 1600 rating, you cannot drop below 1400. If you achieve 1800, you cannot drop below 1600. If you achieve 2100, you should never drop below 1800. Get the garbage players with 220+ itemlevel out of the 1400 bracket. It couldn’t be more frustrating trying to get a 190 ilvl alt into arenas than it is currently.

5 Likes

As much as it may seem like a good idea to have safepoints wich you cannot drop under, this is a thing that VERY much encourages toxic behavior, say you’ve been sitting at 1600 and you keep losing, you queue up with some random in LFG, if you get mad and just /afk there is no penalty so people will take the liberty to be even more toxic to people than they already are because suddenly nothing is at stake, not even their own rating.

3 Likes

It’s a suggestion that’s popped up now and then on the Arena forum. It usually gets dismissed fairly quickly. Arena players tend to be quite conservative when it comes to changes regarding rating and ladder and rankings.

I don’t think it’s because Blizzard wouldn’t want to redesign certain aspects of Rated Arena (I mean, Hearthstone uses the kind of ladder you just described). It’s more that they don’t want to impose changes that the Arena community doesn’t approve of. And they unfortunately don’t approve of many structural design changes.

Personal observation of mine is , gear makes a huge difference
I’d rather them introduce some sort of AI coding to separate gear disparity
You can get players at 1400 -1600 that have clearly had boosts or been carried for the gear and they are hard stuck at 1400 or lower but geared. When you face them with ‘no gear’ by comparison it’s just a headache really

just my 2cents

Imagine how much the boosting would increase with a change like that. And people are already complaining about it now.

No wonder, many changes will hurt the top players’ business.

Turkeys don’t vote for Christmas. :turkey:

2 Likes

The moment when you enter the Arena with 0 rating and barely ilvl 195 and the other team all have 35k+ HP and literally steamroll you before you can do anything.

Ow YEAH. The system is just broken. The PROs don’t care because they can climb up no matter the opponents, but for people trying to start, it’s like trying to play paintball but the other team are all professional soldiers on a leave. Lmao

There’s no learning curve to it, you’re either good enough, or fodder.

3 Likes

Professionals also are AOTC and climb at the stat when gear is of equal footing lol

Make gameplay more complex so that way boosting comes nearly impossible unless you really learn how to play. And make that soloque happen, because it will be ultimate test of player skill because you really cant fake it.

those garbage players with +220 iL you meet at 1400? probably never managed to break 1500 so combatant bracket is their real bracket.

but you know? those garbage players sucks and fail, you could easily outplay them and beat them even if you have 30item lvl lower than them.

False, I got 1600+ in legion and my highest this season is like 1390 lol. (I probably could go 1600-1800 though if I just played consistently)

Assuming they will turn to WoD like gear system for PvP…(at least that’s the talk) …
All that boosting etc. Will probably stop existing… since gear won’t cut it for PvE…
And for PvP it will be… 1 gear that it will be better than PvE’s gear anyway (that they said).

I don’t remember exactly how the system worked back there, because… i didn’t play much WoD…

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.