PVP matchmaking for beginners?

Hey guys and gals!

I’m not one one for complaining, but PVP matchmaking is not good.

Is there like a league for beginner PVP? Or perhaps some sort of algorithm for matching you with someone who sucks just as much? Or perhaps something I need to achieve.

PVP seems like an integral part of the game and the whole concept of Horde vs. Alliance and I, like many of you, would like to join the arenas and battlegrounds from time to time, but no fun is to be had as a beginner.

You always match up agains better players and it always seems like you are on the loosing side.

And if you constantly keep loosing you never get to buy that nice PVP gear, which let’s face it, is mostly useful for transmog.

Looking forward to your replies.

Yes, and it’s called either skirmishes or low rated arena (1200-1400 cr teams, or even below). Skirmishes are sometimes a toss with who you get, but most people doing them are pretty casual and not very good. Random battlegrounds also have plenty of noobs in them, though obviously there can be much more experienced players as well.

If you want to face people of your own skill level consistently, you need to do low rated arena and just not care about your rating: you will face people of your own skill, and once you get better, your rating will go up as well. Well, it’s not a single player thing, but still.

You just have to realize that if you’re the bottom 1 percentile of players, there’s not a lot of players who aren’t better than you. The good news is that it’s easy to get better from that point.

3 Likes

Just play normal arena and you will be low rated and face other low rated people

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.