PVP Rogue leveling

Hello ,
i’m a kinda new player to the game , didnt play retail or vanilla before .
Curently I’m playing a Human rogue at lv 20 , and ganking in redrige mountain is a little bit frustrating . :frowning:
I was wondering if someone can help with a pvp rogue talent build , even if I have to give up on some of the PVE aspects , I will make it to 60 eventualy .
Some advices regarding what weapons to use , swords or daggers , what proffesions should I take even if its hard to level them up .
Thank you in advance !

I love reading about rogues being ganked

He said he is new. Have some mercy.

Ghzeroo you dont have many optio to get a talent build for pvp at lvl 20. Just go combat for pve talent and lvl. Ganging happens and will happen. No way to avoid that. Even if you improve your stealth to hide, higher lvl will still see you

Yeah you can’t do much against getting ganked by higher level players beyond asking for help or laying low for a while.

Against players of your own lvl though, having riposte and improved sprint is really nice as combat. So I recommend getting those talents. Riposte is great against rogues and warriors, and improved sprint will help you stay on top of casters.

If you really want to lvl as a pvp spec wait until you can get hemorrhage. You can get that at lvl 30. But it’s far less effective than combat for lvling and doing dungeons.

I leveled with a PvP build. I did the following.

Spec:

• 2/2 Improved Sinister Strike first
  • Points in subtlety like in a Cold Blood/Hemorrhage build such as https://classic.wowhead.com/guides/rogue-dps-pvp-classic-wow#cold-blood-hemorrhage-with-ghostly-strike. In my case I went for 5/5 Camouflage and 2/2 Sleight of Hand instead of 3/3 Initiative, but either way is fine.
  • At level 30 I reset my talents to drop Improved Sinister Strike and get Hemorrhage instead.
  • Once I picked Preparation and 2/2 Dirty Deeds, I started getting Assassination talents. Skipped Lethality (which is objectively bad for leveling with this build and even at 60 until you get very good gear) and Improved Expose Armor to get 3/3 Improved Slice and Dice (very nice for dungeons and leftover combo points when grinding) and 3/5 Improved Poisons. It’s up to you whether to try to reach Cold Blood as soon as possible or fill 3/3 Improved Gouge first (good for bandaging often)

Weapons: Slow for your main hand (swords/maces) and whatever you can find for your off-hand (better if fast for poison procs).
Opener: Cheap Shot and very occasionally Garrote. Don’t bother training Ambush. If target happens to be immune to both, just use Hemorrhage. Use Slice and Dice early in the fight with enough points so it lasts for the whole duration.
Poisons: Crippling Poison on your main hand for survivability reasons (quick application at the beginning of the fight, and also triggered by Gouge, Sap, etc). Instant Poison off-hand (~5% extra damage). If you find casters you want to attack you apply Mind Numbing or Would instead of instant.

Overall your performance in PvE will be noticeably worse than Combat but it will still be decent, you’ll be very good at PvP all the way through, and you won’t have to respec at 60 if you want to continue doing PvP (later on if you get good daggers you can give Ambush/Backstab a try with a proper daggers build).

Thank you everyone for advices and your time . I will give it a shot or just try to enjoy it as it is now as leveling as a pvp spec kinda takes away the most fun part wich is leveling . Thank you !

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.