PvP scaling? reintroduced?

Im honestly disgustedm by the fact that they are even considering remaking this system that once already deeply failed the pvp community.
they are thinking of making pvp gear be strong only when you are in instance pvp such as bgs, arenas, but when you are in open world it scales down to make pve gear a better option for mythic plus, raiding, or generally speaking everything esle in wow

by reading the comment on wowhead, it seems like the high majority of pve players want this change, and judging by some other comments they also want gear to matter less in pvp tso that when they are done with theire pve they can hop in pvp and suddently be good

whats making me furious about this are 2 things:

first the YEARS we as pvp players have suffered though a similiar system like in pandaria where pve raiders had twice our hp and were literally 1hitting us in wpvp, and forced us into pve content for a decade

now i get it, pve gear is an issue, but nerfing pvp gear rly isn’t the solution, add a pve vendor, get jusitce points back, and mak valor points to purchase gear, justice to upgrade it, and let people build theire own character with the stats they want, and once classes and spec are datamined, just balance it around

nerfing pvp gear, will just make a lot of people angry for no reason.

i agree, the current pve gear is crap, but pvp gear was crap for many years and we finally have a system where we can play pvp, and just gear up, and we all know that while pvp gear can be good for playing pve, what rly matters to pve player is exp, just like in pvp, you think they are gonna get you if you have Item Level ? and not RaiderIO?, you think they gonna invite you with a 0/10 progress in an heroic or mythic run ? let people play what they wanna play, and fix the issue in theire own content, u think pve gear is crap ? i personally don’t, i think its hard af to get the pieces you want, id love to have my mage in a full haste/mastery gear to try swapping from flamestrike spam and go fro an ignite spread build with kyrian and meteor and see how it performs, but when i drop 1 piece every 5 runs, and its the wrong one, its rly hard to do.

buff pve drops, help upgrading gear, add a pve vendor, but don’t touch pvp gear.

11 Likes

This is what needs to be known about it, this thing called scaling is a PvP gear nerf to turn you into scrub outside of instanced PvP. I am completely against it, I don’t intend to feel like a second class citizen.

This will also mean end of hybrid players who participate in both contents, I created dozens of m+ groups for weapon at start, those people who joined my groups are perhaps current +15 farmers, if it weren’t for my participation to M+ as a PvP player perhaps they wouldn’t play the game or push high keys.

In the reversed situation, we are getting alot of PvE players joining battlegrounds and arena groups with current gearing system, this will not be the case if they nerf PvP gear, engagement to both activities gonna drop significantly, less groups for m+, battlegrounds and arenas. This is summary of scaling.

Not gonna even talk in details about how it is gonna shake faction balance negatively.

3 Likes

Nobody would be angry if they made this change.

3 Likes

theres no need for any nerf, since there isnt really pvp gear. since the good old resilence days are gone and there are no extra pvp sets with bonuses as there used to be. now its just random armors/weapons and trinkets u get from pvp which has versa on it. u could also get any high item lvl versa gear via m+/raiding which would be no different than the gear u earn through pvp. all u gotta need after that are the trinkets. its basicially just the mythic raiders crying they cant easily kill ppl that are 2.1k+ rated anymore since they wont have any gear advantage anymore.

I hope they will introduce it.go blizzard go

2 Likes

So you would prefer to continue joining arena games on your alts at 1200 rating with your sub 200ilvl gear and playing against 233 glads boosting friends or for gold ? The gear disparity right now is the worst it has ever been and needs capped.

5 Likes

I hope they will do something like - honor and conq gear. Honor very ez to get, conq gear will farmed faster if highter rating. Both will scale to competetive ilvl in PvP. PvP isn’t place for grind, this will solve a lot of problems including undergeared player AFK in BGs.

1 Like

Yes i would. The game was never like “let’s make an alt and play 3 hours to reach max level -> enter arena and oh let’s have chance to win vs fully geared people. equality btch”. Pve ppl crying as usual you lootwh*res just want everything right away without investing time into it.

3 Likes

I don’t think you understand, but in pvp, nothing would change, youj would still join arena witht he same gear, they will “nerf it” only outside of arena and bg, like if you go into the maw, and people have 15k hp more than u, just like in mist of pandaria where they did the same thing, and people raiding where detroying pvp players in open world, what they should do is buff pve drop rates or add a pve vendor to balance things out, nerfing pvp will just piss alot of pvp players off.

You said it all.

If its about making PVP gear being X % less effective outside of arenas and BGs, thats a very welcome change. Despite this is not a thing yet, we would normally remove players with pvp gear trying to join for m+ runs but its not that obvious and normally needs inspecting them to make sure.

ur MAD wrong, it was way harder during pandaria, and even bfa low geared players had real issues gearing up because they needed mythic plus just to get to a level where they werent 1shotted in normal bg, and normal bg was braeely providing anything.

It might be. I think the point is that us unbearable today

it was more unberable before, so don’t give me the “its the worst it has ever been” it make you guys look like people who never actually played

It is the worst it ever been(together with BfA) if you play PVP only but hate ranked content in any shape or form even in competitive games like MOBAs(played almost 1000 matches of HOTS and LoL and never ever cared about meta or touched ranked). I love PVP and multiplayer games in general, but I never ever played them to push something or climb somewhere, to get better or with some goal in mind. I play them for minute by minute feeling of combat and brawling itself and for fun. To me tryharding in games is not fun, it’s another job. It’s just another layer of stress which I don’t need or want when I come home after long day. I want just hop in and do random BGs for 1-2 hours and log out. Game was playable like that in every expansion except BfA and SL. There always was honor gear which was useful (not like now) or ranked gear which did not require any rating (like on MoP) and you coud grind it all in unranked or in ranked with no voice pugs on 1400 rating without any stres if you go up or down(it just took more time which is fine with me). Right now game is pure nigtmare for casual which is not goal oriented and just want some fun in random PvP…

1 Like

im a random pvper, 1.6 and 1.8 are not exactly impossible to achive

I admit 1.6 is doable even for me, have it on my main priest in both RBG and 2v2 with no voice random groups. Even though in 2v2 it is much harder and im constantly jumping between 1550-1600. But thats it, I am quite stuck there now and gearing alt purely on BGs feels bad cause Im useles for team with almost no impact other than some stun in teamfight. But with my casual mindset I would just prefer longer and less stressful path of MoP/WoD conquest gearing systems…

they should just make an effort and put soloq so that people can just q up and play, and maybe even cross faction bgs on a diff brackedt, with 1 minute q time.

1 Like

the problem is not that you expect to win vs full geared players at 1200 with your 200 ilvl, the problem is you are facing people that are full geared and would be much much higher cr than your current, but they are at this low rating they drop on purpose so they can boost people for gold…i wouldnt mind facing full geared people at 1200 if 1200 was their real mmr and they just …well…sucked.

pvp gear scaling would largely remove this problem since why would you pay for boosts if your gear is scaled up and paying for boost would give you a much less of an advantage than current system, and pve people wouldnt pay for boosts to get that easy to get gear they can use in pve.

1 Like

i think ur not getting what gear scaling is…
theyh want the current pvp gear system, but when ur in open world or dungeon/raid it scales down so that its not as good as an option

this was done during MOP, when they scaled pvp gear down gfiving it pvp power, and -40 item level, result was ofc mythic raiders had more than twice our hp bar, and were DESTROYING US with 1-2 spells in wpvp :wink:

1 Like