PvP Trinkets bugged

There is no way to see the verse % increase even in the tooltip nothing changed.
is this bugged saw some posts saying its bugged? has anyone reported this?

You can only really compare it in a test of abilities by making and breaking the set bonus while taking dmg from the same attack in same conditions (no buffs to dmg by procs, hp thresholds etc) then you also need to factor in we now have a 5% variance mod slapped on to abilities so they don’t always do the same dmg

The set bonus itself can be misleading, it’s not actually 40% more of your versatility, its 40% more of the benefit that your versa gives. Your versa stat shows what you get from your current versa only it won’t reflect the set bonus.
It’s more of a in the background thing than being able to track.

The effect is the same multiplier of 1.4.

In the beta, the extra versa was actually visible on the character screen - the number was increasing when you were entering PVP. However, the number was increasing far less than the promised 40% - 20% would increase not to 28% as would be expected, but rather to 22%, 4x less. Blizzard never clarified why that was. In the end, nobody really could see what the hell the bonus was supposed to be, everyone just theorized. They should clarify what numbers we should be seeing and where.

1 Like

The end result may be the same but the stat changes shouldn’t in theory be reflected in the versa tooltip because it’s not actually giving you versatility.

People need to properly test it before coming to the conclussion its bugged, as i said above there are things that can skew quick tests like procs and the new 5% variance mod on dmg.

I wouldn’t be surprised if there was glitching from the 25% stat diminishing returns change though, particularly in the numbers you were mentioning.

What diminishing returns? The bonus is plain 40%.

https://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topic/51621-diminishing-returns-added-to-secondary-stats-in-shadowlands/

2 Likes

After 25% stats have diminishing returns.

1 Like

Wow. Thanks!

(How on earth could I have missed that. Doesn’t explain the 20->22 instead of 20->28, should have been 20->27.7, but still, it’s an important bit of info.)

Flat stat buffs should not be affected at all however.

Ie you’re at 23% haste, you pop troll berserking or get blood lust, you should NOT be getting diminishing returns there.

The way the set bonus works might be conflicting in this manner as it’s possibly putting above thresholds that are deemed 25%, so they get diminishing returns unintentionally.
This is why distinguishing that the set bonus is not 40% more of your current versatility, it’s 40% of the benefits you receive from your versatility is important

But that is pure speculation.

Thanks. But i still think it’s not working as intended

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.