PvP Tuning - 11 January 2019

(Kaivax) #1

The changes below are now live.

We’re currently working on some targeted adjustments to three specs in PvP:

Monk

• Mistweaver
  • Surging Mist (PvP Talent) mana cost increased to 3.8% of base mana (was 2% of base mana), and healing reduced by 20%.
  • Way of the Crane (PvP Talent) increases physical damage by 25% (was 35%), and now heals for 150% of damage dealt (was 200%).

Shaman

• Elemental
  • Earth Shock damage reduced by 10% when engaged in combat with enemy players.
  • Stormbringer increases Lightning Bolt damage by 115% when engaged in combat with enemy players (was 125%).
  • Surge of Power can now cause up to an additional 2 Lightning Bolt overloads against enemy players (was 3 additional overloads).

Druid

• Balance
  • Celestial Alignment increases damage of your spells by 10% when engaged in combat with enemy players (was 15%).
  • Incarnation: Chosen of Elune increases damage of your spells by 18% when engaged in combat with enemy players (was 25%).
  • Shooting Stars now generates 2 Astral Power when engaged in combat with enemy players (was 4 Astral Power).

Updates from @WarcraftDevs - Battle for Azeroth

Good idea doing this 2 weeks before season ends … What the hell are you guys doing.

Also where are the cut offs

(Ishayu) #3

There aren’t any cutoffs this season.

Also, ouch… less than 2 weeks before season end. There goes my hopes of getting 2.4k during this season, just because funsies. Ah well - wouldn’t be a PvP season without a literal metric ton of balance changes during it, now would it? :smiley: I only had my spec overnerfed, then overbuffed, then reworked completely, then overnerfed, and then buffed to some what reasoanble levels during this season alone. I’m sure nobody would ever get frustrated with this.

(Starpior) #4

Was fun to play ele for 2 months…sigh

Yes, finally! Perfect changes.

Good changes, should be more frequent tuning in pvp tho.

also PVP vendors when ?

And what about Prot Paladins being next to invincible while they chain spam stuns, blanket silences and knock backs on your healer? The healing they do has no place in arena (even in 2s with Dampening) nor is their ability to bubble other people.
I don’t think i’ve ever seen or played against a more disgusting comp than Prot Pally/Unholy DK.

These changes are now live.

(Ishayu) #10

more frequent?

Holy mother of mercy, my spec has changed more this season than it did in all of vanilla and tBC combined and the patch notes are 40 pages long or more for “minor” patches. Blizzard unfortunately solved that by still changing everything constantly and then not writing it in the notes, when the actual solution is to commit to Blizzard quality and release it when it’s ready, and then to stop changing everything every few weeks.

(Vîndy) #11

A lot more frequent, please!
You being one of the very few classes/specs to receive changes, doesn’t mean that the overall pace was good enough.
Assa rogues were completely broken for months coming from beta, before they even got any nerfs.
Or arcane mage, that hasn’t been touch outside of azerite trait changes since beta.

(Ishayu) #12

Here’s an idea: a longer beta. Then we wont have to.

(Whitepaw) #13

Meow Ishayu!

Miss you on the Feral side. And that comment about a longer beta? Spot on!

Hope to see you prowling. Cat is 4 fite!

Paw

(Ishayu) #14

Haha, hello. :stuck_out_tongue:

I play guardian in raids, as you may have noticed, but I actually PvP as feral still. Not as much as I used to, but I do. Unfortunately I lost a bunch of rating due to the MW nerf a few days ago because I’m not that good anymore, but I’m still managing 2250 MMR (before nerf it was 2450, but I played so little my CR never caught up)

/shrug

I actually have to say I really enjoy where they put feral now in 8.1. I just wish they’d done that from the start instead of repeatedly changing my class in a single patch. It was very, very frustrating.