QnA /spit on us by blizzard

You know it, I know it but it’s blizzard you need to treat them like little kids to make them understand what we want from them otherwise it’s not going to happen. Only this way we have any chance to make them fix anything.

1 Like

I… honestly have no idea what that is supposed to mean exactly.
I’ll just end it with this:

and

Hi everyone, :blush:

We all are disappointed by the way we are threaten as pvp community and we have no voice it seems, but this doesn’t mean we should crack down BFA in its whole.

My opinion is that BFA is stunning and have nice features build in but maybe the developers don’t see the problem or they don’t know how to deal with it, so far this issue remains with the way how the gearing system works as well the irritation of “grinding this gear as pvp-er trough pve.”

As stated above I think the whole problem is that, and maybe if they come with suggested solutions the game can be improved and more satisfying for both pvp as well pvp-ers.

Possible Solutions as where we have to deal with as it is now for BFA i could think of are.

• When entering pvp combat now all gear will be scaled to same level.

• Azerite Traits are from now disabled in pvp combat.

• (Artifact) will now be scaled when entering pvp combat to the same level.

• Pvp loot boxes adjusted, blue pvp gear added again this has a chance to drop from bgs.

• Pvp loot boxes adjusted, materials removed and now provides conquest points and a bit of gold.

• Rated pvp gear drop chance slightly increased.

I think that this could be good for both sides as well pvp and pve.
Then people can choose what they would like to do and there will be more participation in the game, I really like how BFA looks the content looks stunning as I mentioned before but as stated above and with a lot people who are now upset how the gearing system works in BFA this in particular the way how pvp is scaled and that we are now as pvp-ers Forced to “grind” pve content in order to be able to pvp on a certain level has to change and I think that my suggestions all stated above would solve a lot issues on this front with some easy tweaks / tuning ofc…

BFA could be best expansion in history i think if above will be implanted with sort of pvp rules like we had in WoD.

Lets make BFA great again

2 Likes

This is not surprising in the least, for e.g, I haven’t heard anything about how the new raid’s bizarre on uses are going to impact pvp, will they be disabled? Will they be 50% nerfed like azerite? More likely they will just drop with no thought given to arenas and wreck them for a couple of weeks until they reluctantly get off their behind to fix it.

As for fixing arenas in general and the meta, I know it’s a lot to do and balancing diverse classes takes work but they don’t even make an effort. We’ve all been waiting on more intense pvp changes around 8.15 but we got a nerf to demon armour and that’s it?

Both are pve ers lol

Useless changes

My man Beware.
Your view on what is classified as ‘feedback’ is rather twisted imo.
“Fix your game”, “fix class balance” and the likes is not negative feedback, that’s just an insult with no weight behind it.
Sure they gave an unprofessional respond, but I don’t really blame them.

1 Like

These posts only occur because actual feedback has been getting ignored for a long time now

6 Likes

WORST questions and answers I’ve ever seen… wtf was that… 0 answers.

PVP… no ty, try next expansion.
/spit

Once again, my expectation was Low but this is HOLY FK…

3 Likes

Dude shut up about “constructive” feedback. People posted hundreds of very constructed feedback since the legion alpha even venruki himself made a long constructive thread about why he dislikes the current PvP system. It got hundreds of views and still blizzard haven’t changed anything!

6 Likes

Yes there has been constructive feedback. Yet, the sheer amount of unconstructive “FIX PVP FFS” like posts has made them cba.

Try to put yourself in their situation. Ever since arena was introduced people were CONSTANTLY complaining, always threatening to cancel their sub. The level of feedback was constantly devolving until eventually we got threads like the one Brodanyo linked.

And after a decade of stupid threads like that you eventually stop reading them or if you read them be like “yeah dude, w/e”.

As much as i agree with the constructive feedback thas has been given (i posted a lot myself), as much can i understand their pov on this.

Yes, it’s unprofessional. But so is “FIX THE GAME!!11”.

Except they are the professionals and are paid. We are customers and laymen, and are paying for their “live service”. It is NEVER the customer’s responsibility to write essays just to explain what is wrong, that is not how quality assurance and customer service works. If necessary, it is their jobs to interact with the people complaining in a way that gets them to the information they want, but to dismiss “everything” as just pure noise and then mock customers openly are things people get fired for all the time. It is just not how a company is needed to be run, and I use ‘needed’ and not ‘supposed’ because when it is run like this then it drives the company off a cliff, so they need to fix it or they’re doomed.
As for their poor communication, that is part of what drives customers away in droves no matter the industry - especially if the product stops carrying its own weight and the company still handles the PR as poorly as they’ve done.
It is one thing to ignore feedback, it’s another to mock customers for it.

Also, as mentioned before, there are ways to analyze statistics of feedback, even though it is just “noise”. Patterns are patterns for many reasons, and to shrug the shoulders as professionals and ignore it when it goes badly is just incompetent, and to mock it is yet another level of *******.

Something funny though: Blizzard analyzes statistics in a way that “participation = fun” even when they are indirectly pushing people into it because of the amount of rewards offered for it. That is not how statistical analysis is supposed to be done, you know? And it is wrong as well.
But yeah, to them, Ashran was a great success because of the participation numbers (if you can remember Holinka when he said that in the middle of WoD) and m+ are great fun because of the amount of people doing it (like Ion said the other day), completely ignoring the added numbers by people who does it mindlessly and dislikes it yet does it only for the rewards it offers.
They also don’t even touch the complaints about social negativity in the game, like the people saying “I can’t find a group for X” or “I can’t find a team for Y” and so on. It’s because according to them, their group finder and so on is working just fine and dandy.
Ah yes, and don’t forget the millions of players that has already left the game. The worst thing that can happen, is not to receive negative feedback. It’s to receive nothing. It’s when people stop caring that they usually are gone for good, and that has happened with millions already.

They are ignoring way too much basically summarizes it all.
Oh, and before anyone says “but nobody would do it if they don’t like it” that’s actually not true. There are many reasons. The first one would be addiction to the dopamine. Another would be social belonging, that it’s the social interaction that brings juuuuust enough enjoyment while the actual gameplay ends up as irrelevant, and thirdly there’s the people that does it literally only for the rewards without letting the factor of enjoyment determine what they will or will not do. There are probably more possible reasons too.

7 Likes

Very well written (I was about to write something similar but read your post). It’s amazing how some ppl think it’s the client’s job to explain in details and make all the efforts for the company to show them what to do.
It’s exactly the opposite. Usually the client says “Fix it, I don’t like it. I don’t care, fix it, it’s broken”. Then a good professional would explain in an understandable matter what is requested from the client to help the company understand him and provide him the service. Be it a survey, a manual what and how to troubleshoot and gather/send logs, write a request in some form. Appoint a person, usually analytic, close to both software and clients to mediate the client desires and “compile” them in a structured and usable for the developers form.
Etc, etc etc, all things that a company must do to actually understand what clients want and why they are not happy with their product.
On top of that Blizzard have the luxury to have a lot of well structured feedback given to them for free, without them doing any effort to gather it and then they complain and mock the clients when the clients are already sick of being ignored and going the “FIX IT!” road.
Blizzard are very arrogant.

getting money to design a game, okay i’ll try.

yes and more than half of this team wasnt around untill like… mop/cata? Still there is something called professionalism and that wasnt professional.

Its all nice to joke about stuff, we dont need them to be serious ALL the time, but when pvp is on an all time low, slowly bleeding this is the type of stuff your PR should say “holy fk no, dont say that”.

It gets nothing good for them.

They aint reading them, thats was/is (if any around still) the CM’s job.
If they do read, wich i believe ocasionally they do, and you focus on that then you shouldnt read them… just take the good feedback the CM’s bring you, that simple.

If you do read them, then you should know that there will ALWAYS be someone complaining about SOMETHING, not only in this industry but in life in general, if you fail to recognise that and still do your job then you should look into other options cause your life is probably miserable.

We are in a position where we dont need to be professional’s lol, we are the customer and even though we aint always right (contrary to the saying) you do need to respect us.

You can make fun of something (like they always did, even back to vanilla videos of Jeff Kaplan) but they were never this disrespectfull knowing one of the aspects of the game is literally BROKEN and its terrible designed.

From Gear aquisition to balance, finishing in design… pvp is the worst it has ever been.
there is no denying, so joking about something that its THEIR fault, that its slowly decaying (not that slow now) its a terrible move.

If gaming costumers were as serious as other types they would have to come out and apologize and saying they are working on improvements… that is a fact.

1 Like

In fact beside of learning other stuff for this Job, getting the offer to be a Lead PvP Designer in WoW should only be obtainable if you have some serious and decent Arena/PvP experience to show off (2.8k+++). But obviously the requirements for this spot are hilariously low so we have the crap we have now

2 Likes

this.
10/chars

This is quite not true in game industry at all and it doesn’t work like that.
Games are not designed by the best at playing them, even the best games are usually designed by the best designers not by the best gamers. Actually most developers are average gamers at skill.
To design a good game requires much much more than being good at playing it, actually being among the best at playing it is not a requirement at all.
There are plenty examples for that in the gaming industry and not only, in all areas of life, not always the best at executing a process are the ones that have designed/created the process.

The ability to design PvP in a game, is not determined by experience. It’s determined by the ability to hypothesize and the ability to analyze testing, even when things wouldn’t be mentioned in the feedback.
I remember reading an article way, way back, about a game designer who went over two primary ways to design rated PvP, regardless of the game itself.

One way was to only listen to feedback from the higher rated players and use their input, because they have tested the gameplay to its very limit. One of the downsides to this is that higher rated players will by its very nature always be a minority, so the ability to make sure their feedback can translate into valuable changes even for the lower stratums is key for this.
The other way was to listen to the lower rated players, the majority, and aim to make it the most enjoyable for them. One of the downsides to this is that it simplifies the gameplay, so the ability to make even simple things fun is key to this.

There were other downsides and aspects he went over as well, I just don’t remember them. But those key points stuck with me.

I said “beside of learning the other requirements for this job”.
Being good in this game gives you a whole other sight how this game actually works and which problems you do have as average/good player which will translate immediatly to a better experience to all kind of players.

It is true what you have said but i would bet if our current Designers would have a decent previous Rating/Knowledge of PvP then we wouldn’t be there where we are right now