Quality of life changes I would like

I would suggest,
a better LFG tool (based on the retail one at least one in cata, I never played beyond that).

dual speccing to help with the lack of tanks (or more like, promote warriors and co join groups as tanks if need be)

transmogs / visual changing (transmog as a race (or like, pick your own racials to pick to help with 99% of warriors will probably go human and etc(beyond pvp obviouslys and not for races you cannot roll as your class)) , gear, barber shops and such.
If not the pick your racials, maybe somehow try to balance racials to account for it not being 2007 and people WILL know what to roll. I say this as a guy who wants to be a dwarf hunter and might get cut out of raids on the count of not being a draenei, which would blow.

And last, which might be the thing I’d get most slack for, allow (at least for pve server) having a cross faction grouping or even raiding, or even pvp or guilding?

These things wouldn’t impact the class balance or gearing balance much at all in my opinion (and I don’t care for pvp but that could be addressed as well), and people could make vanity choices of races and what to look like without being restricted by the meta (and you hardcorers could roll “bad meta” still), and grouping would be easier and help with these threads of “dead servers”.
I know I must not be alone on this. :fearful: I want the tbc content with its gearing, itemizations, bosses and such, but with some tweaks to account it being years.

4 Likes

Go play retail ?

14 Likes

Those changes would NOT keep it in line with OG TBC and would just not make it classic tbc but #RemakeTBC which this is not…

Dev´s have tried hard to stay “true” to OG TBC even with the GFX glitched Sucubus mobs standing up after death/looted in Arca WHICH was a thing back in OG TBC

If you want CATA/WOTLK changes implemented then come back in 1-1½ year from now when WOTLK classic is released but as it stands this is TBC Classic,

This is in no way shape or form a DIG at you but more an opinion shared by MANY that wont go no the forums to squabble with petty millenials about this or that

And as for 100% figured out ? speak for urself ive encountered many a “NEW” players that have 0 clue how to play the class / dungeon/ quest / raid … suggest u get down a peg or two and look at current crop of players … i would say 10-20% are OG TBC rest are people that DIDNT play TBC OG

4 Likes

Sure, but they can spend 15 seconds to google the perfect leveling spec and such. (Say Icy veins for example, or something else to know raid setups and such).
And besides, the client isn’t based on the 2.4.3.
Its sort of back converted shadowlands (I think), so from a base software standpoint, its nowhere near a retail experience to be clear.

You want complete OG, demand blizzard use only clients for the exact patches they were for (say, 2.4.3 for 2.4.3 level of content).
Which would have benefits of ALL addons working from that era.
But yeah, I understand people would not like these changes because it would taint the experience, but having played back way back when on retail tbc (and on privates for years), for me the experience is relatively the same, just with, like the thread title said, quality of life improvement which wouldn’t in my eyes hurt the game, but rather improve it with how there is probably imbalances in races, factions, and just tedium and such.

I just felt like it having been all these years, it would feel nice to have a bit better stuff that wouldn’t hurt the hardcorers in any practical sense other than their massive “I must be pure even if its no longer the same”-ego.
Hah. In my views, there was a reason they were implemented during the wotlk cata era. Because they were improvements to the tbc.

These are all new and interesting suggestions.

1 Like

I’m all in for dual spec, even private servers had it. So many ppl playing pve in pvp spec and so many ppl not playing pvp cuz they cba spending 100g to respec back and forth. It’s a single quality of life change I would love to see. And no I’m not gonna play retail cuz I love TBC gameplay but quality of life changes wudnt impact gameplay so keep those comments to other lowlifes like urself

2 Likes

Dual spec is a bad change, Transmog is not good, humans with wathever racial its a bad idea, human warrior is a meme would be better if you claim for a race change so you can change to gnome, gnome is the war pvp race. All your ideas are from retail and this game is not intended to replace retail.

2 Likes

No. 10 characters.

2 Likes

Why are dualspeccing and transmog bad? Why is any race with any racial (constrained by class obviously) a bad idea? And yes, I think 100% purity argument is stupid with how the game already is altered in spirit and practice.

I’m not meaning to replace retail, as I said, I have never played past cata, but some things like better LFG, making grouping easier, letting people play what race they want (from a purely visual standpoint) (though I specifically said that as for pvp, I’m not sure since I never bothered with it, maybe make it so that you look like the racials you picked to show in pvp what racial you are?)
I never meant to change the meta (in any really meaningful way), gearing, dungeons raids, just make it easier to people to find groups, and maybe have some fun with how you look like with transmogging and barbershops.
Hell, it all could work as a gold dump, well, except dual spec, but those would even eachother to some degree.

Coming to think of it, cross realm dungeons wouldn’t be bad either in helping with some realms having trouble finding people to group with.

Are bad ideas becouse you transform tbc into another game the dual spec will devalue the gold in a expansion with not much expenses, and you could make useless some classes, transmog ruin the classic concept and racials make a important paper in the personality of the game, if you want to enjoy pvp as a war you must choose gnome or orc . You Are playing tbc you are playing it with all the consecuences.

If I’m playing TBC, why don’t my 2007 addons work?
If I’m playing TBC, why do I find all the information about everything perfect and retail addons translated to current client.
The game has already been transformed when it became TBC classic.
Its wow TBC 2.5.2, lets make it 2.6.2, or pre 2.4.3. What you are asking is clearly (pre)2.4.3 but you aren’t playing it, that much is clear.
I’m not asking the game to go 3.0 and beyond.
I want it to stay below that.
I just want it to integrate the nice and good stuff that the later expansions did, and for example, the client is one of them they already did.

I know that this game must have some changes becouse the gameplay is a sh…t, but all the retail things are not the way I too don’t choose the most sinergic race for pvp but if blizzard don’t add race change I am not going to play much arena, some changes are necessary but others not.

Well, if we are talking necessary, dual spec, maybe cross realm dungeons or stuff like cross faction dungeons would be one that has been cried since retail, considering tanks have always been hard to find since the dawn of the game in 2004. Some way to motivate people to play as tanks, or healers is a massive need for the game, even back in 2004-2008

But vanity is always nice, I recall black market added which added some vanity items, but transmog or being able to pick racials you want not tied to your race would be nice too for vanity. Vanity is… fun. And when it does not affect the gameplay in a balance sense in any way beyond being a gold dump, its perfectly fine in my book and can be nothing but an improvement.

You take forever to say nothing.

Retail is over there waiting for you.

3 Likes

Nothing? I’m feeling insulted by you not clearly reading my message properly. I’m saying what people were talking on these same damn forums over a decade ago when tbc was going on.
Fix the tank healer issues, help with dungeons, help with dead servers, why are human/orc racials so op?
Do you have a comprehension problem and/or weren’t you there then to read them?
I want TBC, I want hit rating, haste rating, defence rating, I want stuff like gruul’s dragonspine trophy to be the same, I want to run sethekk halls HC with anzu to get that stupid mount.
I just want some nice stuff to make my character look like I want it, for a nominal gold fee, maybe some easier group making to 5mans maybe heroics too, tweaks to make it so you can actually damn find tanks for groups and make servers not dead by fusing or something like that.
I do not want retail, I want TBC, with modern tweaks that wont disturb the non-vanity based gameplay element of it beyond things people have been asking since forever.

Dual spec is one of the few things that definitely made the game a better experience in further expansions.

I would 100% support that change. Race change etc? Dont really care. I personally do not see how Dual spec would “break” or “ruin” the experience in any way, shape or form.

3 Likes

One man’s meat, another man’s poison.
We’ve had enough “Quality” of Life changes pushed down our throat as it is now. More is not better.

1 Like

I was leveling as holy paladin, with dual spec it would be easy to change to ret.

Dual spec is bad.
All the arguments that are pro dual spec could also be used for triple, quadruple spec, why even stop at 2?
I need a spec to farm mobs
I need a healer pvp spec
I need a more offensive pvp spec
I need a tank pve spec
i need a healer pve spec…

The point is, we don’t really need the optimal spec for every activity in the game. It’s perfectly fine to do something with a not so optimal spec. It’s an RPG and for me it would make sense to have only 1 spec. What’s the point of a hybrid spec if we can have multiple specs? Having multiple specs just favors having specialized specs. Dual spec is basically something for min-maxers and noobs in my opinion.

That’s what i mean with noobs who need dual spec. I leveled so many paladins and i am 100% sure we don’t need dual spec.

Also transmogs are stupid because it’s pretty important to see what gear other players are wearing to estimate how strong they are. If you want to play dress up games with your doll ehhh i mean character then play retail. There you have even more different dresses to choose from xD

2 Likes

ANd iTS what i mean, if i can questing as holy, or farming or whatever, everyone can.
There is no problem with transmog, if its optional. Only you can see your transmog or if player can press off button and see others players in original gear. Something like this, but prefer 1. Option where noone is bothered of your changed look of gear.