Quel'dorei High Elves as an Alliance allied race

No, that’s unreadable.
I do get what you’re trying to say, thing is, you’re not getting it yourself.
So either try to understand what people are saying or just bugger off really.

3 Likes

Not only that. The Sin’dorei, by giving up the name also gave up the status of being High Elf. they chose a way of living that directly goes against the way of thr High Elves. I’m sorry but you don’t know anything about the Thalassian people and it’s showing.

1 Like

The high elves were once a significant force on the continent, but in recent times their numbers have been dramatically reduced: approximately 90%[5] of their population was slaughtered during the Third War.[6] Following this, 90% of the surviving high elves changed their name to “blood elves” or sin’dorei (children of the blood in Thalassian) in remembrance of their fallen brethren, and no longer consider themselves high elven.[2]

Seems to very much support what you are saying. And if only 10% of High Elves survived and of that 10%, 90% considered themselves Blood Elves/Sin’dorei going forward then they are all the same race, just seems more like two separate factions, one of whom is practically extinct.

I can’t say I understand why the Alliance are so keen for what are essentially Blood Elves with another name and a different eye colour.

I know that everyone who dares question some of the pro HElves posters is labelled a troll but sometimes just because people don’t agree with you doesn’t mean they are trolling.

2 Likes

Replying to your edit - I can debunk your entire argument by pointing out Blood Elves look like High Elves (because they are the same Elves).

Void Elves are a replacement because it just about keeps the Faction Race lines intacted. Pandaren are the only race to “blur” the lines because that is part of their trope.

First of all the draenei almost got wiped out by the burning legion and second of all. the void elves the Ren’dorei they’re few in numbers and they’re more like an elite force and not a big faction.

3 Likes

To be fair, you “pro-Quel’dorei” players seem to ignore the valid arguments pointing out why High Elves are not possible both Lore-wise and Gameplay-wise, yet you don’t choose to bugger off? You just sit and circle-jerk each other! ^^

Who ever said they’re not the same race?

1 Like

Maybe that’s my misconception then. But it seems to be banded about a lot. Like Ion saying they are in the game, go play Horde. Because essentially Blood Elves are just High Elves.

But they aren’t…even the cinematic shows that they aren’t. You totally deny the existance of the Alliance High Elves which population is way bigger than that of the Void Elves so please stop using this tired argument.

The Sin’dorei and the Quel’dorei differ in 1 important aspect, which is the way to sustain themself. The way the blood elves do it goes against that of the High Elves so by any means here is a differance for you.

Nobody denies that they were once one nation, but they have split, and some, bigger than current alliance races like the LF draenei and Velves still serve the alliance and are being added constantly (see new patch).

It’s essentially, giving the Alliance what was theirs in the first place (Vanilla).

And the “different eyes” argument is also a tired one.

We don’t want the Blood elves, even if they were given by Blizzard to us, we still would want the quel’dorei, as we AND blizzard do see the difference you fail to see.

3 Likes

Because none you said makes any sense. You pick and choose what to reply to and even then it’s already debunked. Gameplay wise, they can. Population wise? They can, lore wise? They should’ve been already added in Vanilla as that’s where they were before the horde got any smell of the corrupted ones.

I didn’t really see much complaining until after void elves became a thing.

Many times Blizzard said there weren’t enough high elves to justify them as a playable but then void elves came along who are even fewer in number.

But now that we have void elves I don’t think we’ll see playable high elves anytime soon.
I have seen some hinting to give void elves some additional customization options, so that could be some sort of compromise.

1 Like

I don’t see any great evidence of high populations of Alliance High Elves when everything says there are very few left and are a rare sight.

They have never been an Alliance playable race.

That i agree with, very much actually.

The High Elves are by no means a big population. If you go back to an older post of mine i already said what you said about the whole 90% and 10%. Fact is, population is never a thing to look at when making a race as we have seen over and over.

The only thing we can do is theorize, that’s why i love to hear actual people responding with their thoughts instead of “JUST TO MOCK YOU ALLIANCE HAHAHAHA” replies that are so annoying and add nothing to this discussion.

We know for a fact, that at least in game, there are 200+ High Elves for the Alliance, and new ones constantly added, new HE Mage training human mages, portal keepers in SW. We also know for a fact that even if the in game numbers were representative of their actual numbers, that’d be more than normal draenei that crashed in Azeroth, the couple of Draenei that went through the LF ritual and the couple of Sin’dorei that followed Umbric.

We can also theorize, although small in numbers, they can still afford to lend soldiers to the Alliance, as we’ve seen them in every expansion and in BfA more active than other expansions.

We agree that they are a minority, but still healthy in numbers and like Brig already stated, with the Elven life span, this population can still be here and well for another 20.000+ years.

The comment about Vanilla, very true. As i said, they “should’ve” and not “they were playable”. We came to know the Thalassian culture in Vanilla when they still had the Night Elven model and populated many Alliance cities, that was until TBC came and the whole “Kael betrayal” arc came out and them joining the Horde.

The differences are there, as explained they only share the same culture which was never exclusive to the horde. The model can be worked around as we stated we wouldn’t even care if they went for the Night Elven model like back in Vanilla and the population is there as long as they keep fighting for the Alliance and added almost every patch in BfA.

EDIT: Also, thank you Puny for this

So if the Sin’dorei themselves no longer consider themselves High Elves why are the Blood Elves in this thread trying their hardest to be called a High Elf, hmm.

3 Likes

So, just curious what you’re thinking.
How many High Elves were there before Arthas dropped by?

1 Like

I don’t necessarily think being a minority excludes something from becoming a playable race. It certainly seems more plausible than how we got the Mag’har orcs.

The Void Elves can’t have had huge numbers either but I’ve not really looked up anything about them beyond doing the intro for them in game.

I think this problem can easily be solved, really. And maybe i’m hopeful but i do think it will happen, hear me out.

The High Elves are already an established Alliance race, we could argue, like the Dark iron and some other dwarven clans, they are there just not playable.

We know the actual people that want them do not care about how they look or sound or stand or dance, as long as they hold the original Quel’dorei status and beliefs.

We know the Blood Elves and rightfully so would feel sacked if the copy+paste+edit green to blue was to happen for their model. (If the Nightborne got the exact Night Elven model i wouldn’t be all that happy about it too!)

We also know 2 models using same rig also isn’t a problem with yet another race (Zandala) using the night elven model and Kul tiran the upright orc one!

My suggestion is, make them different yet stay true to their heritage to show that both these races used to be 1 at some point. My idea was, give them a different/idle/attack/cast animations as we know there is no 2 people that stand or do things in the same manner. Obviously hairstyles that are inspired by humans/night elves etc as those are the people they mingle with and obviously have taken things from (would also explain warpaint for example)

But if that still wouldn’t sit with Horde players, i personally wouldn’t mind a recolored Night Elf model as it’s really just about the High Elves and their lore and status.

1 Like

If we get the kal’dorei model it’ll be bad as i know we Have High elves within Stormwind City i’ve even seen them with their names where they were named something with High elf.

I know, the high elves are present there with the current model. The kaldorei model is just to not hit the horde on their most sensitive part which is the blood elves, the one and only reason people play Horde.

I wouldn’t mind either way, as long as they become playable.

I have a transmorg ready for My High elven Paladin but the Kal’dorei model would ruin it.

Well, you can’t really wonder why people ask for them. They are part of the Alliance story and they participate in many events, where they are always on the Alliance’s side even if it is questianable like the Purge of Dalaran. Quite often they get more attention than some of the races that are part of the Alliance from Vanilla. +They add them in various places like Portal master in Boralus, HE mages on the ship that is in Arathi warfront, in the Island expedition group, in the Alliance portal room …

All of the arguments, that were used to justify why they weren’t added to the Alliance, were refuted, the last ones in BfA with creation of Allied races, just look at Void elves. Their addition was kind of unfortunate, because instead of turning most of the remaining High elven population to Void elves, we got transformed Blood elves with no certainty that anyone else ,who (High/Blood or even Half-elf) would want to become Void elf, would be transformed in similar way. This was a missed oppurtunity for Blizzard how to deal with this ongoing situation.

I suggested using those old NE based models to create High elves so both of the sides might be happy, but I thought that it still might be strange to have two nearly identical models, but just look at Kul Tirans. NPCs have all of the body types, while for gameplay purposes the Allied Race have only one available, so this suggestion of updating the old NE model seems like a viable option and not far stretched like I used to be a bit afraid of, even though those models are still in the game.

3 Likes