Quel'dorei High Elves as an Alliance allied race

We’ve been over this already …

There are bigger issues with the game, that’s the only thing I can agree on.

High elves are not the same race anymore, by Blizzard standards they can be considered as different race (or actually vice versa Blood elves are not High elves anymore and they keep on differentiating themselves)

An easy way to look at it is as following. Which have been the most requested races from the previous expacts?

Alliance:
High Elf
Broken
Wildhammer
Dark Iron
Arrakoa
Ethereals
Naga

Horde:
Ogres
San’Layn
Dark Rangers

Both:
Arakkoa
Ethereals
Naga

Now, look at who has gotten most of the races they wanted.

Fixed that for you. Mag’har were asked for as a customisation for existing Orcs, and even then, it was a fairly muted request.

That never happened. The Horde player base were just as surprised as anyone else.

So actually, the Alliance got one thing they did ask for, the Horde got one thing they didn’t ask for.

Just sayin’, if you’re going to try and play the bias card, get your facts right. Horde got none of the things they asked for, Alliance got one of them. Stop trying to play the victim. It does not help the High Elf cause look mature and measured…

1 Like

Gief me Naga! I want Naga! :frowning::frowning::frowning:

Do we have any good sources for what races (and customization options) have been requested at different points in time, and how substantial the requests have been?

I’d count in the Mag’har in among requested races, similar to DI dwarfs, which were also mostly asked for as customization options for regular dwarfs (together with Wildhammers). I also believe that Zandalari and/or other troll groups, such as Amani, Farraki or ice trolls have been highly requested. But I don’t have any numbers to base that on at the moment.

2 Likes

Pretty much this. I can only add to the list races that I have personally seen multiple people ask for over substantial amounts of time.
IE: Popular RP’d races that people talk about wanting for years. IE Uncorrupted Brown Orcs.

5 Likes

shhhhh. People asked only for more elves. So highelves for alliance, and darkranger or sanlayn for horde.

3 Likes

I don’t want San’layn or Dark Rangers. I have my new favourite Race idea for Horde, Gnolls.

Anyway,

As someone who has played since late TBC (Not in a ‘My Opinion is better than yours’ way, just to give you an idea how long I have been on the forums) Mag’har, Zandalari, The other Troll Tribes, were never asked for as Allied races, only as customisations. The same is true of Wildhammer and Dark Irons. Although don’t get me wrong, I -LOVE- my Dark Iron Golemsmith/Bomb Disposal Expert, She looks perfect in her Transmog and I can’t wait to take her out for an RP spin, but I’d have been just as happy if they were a Dwarf customisation option.

All of the Allied Races could have been customisation options bar Nightborne and Void Elves.

Horde really didn’t get favoured with this deal. Alliance got a Horde race reskin, and a reskin of an Alliance race, Horde got an Alliance race reskin, and a reskin of a Horde race.

It was the -same-

1 Like

As someone who has played since Vanilla, I completely agree. My reasoning for adding them to this list is that Blizzard decided to turn what was asked for as customisation options into allied races. They might not have been added as requested, but they have been asked for, and added.

This is especially true.

2 Likes

How exactly do you expect them to ask those races as Allied Races when the concept thereof didn’t even exist back then?

You’re trying to minimize the fact that Horde were given what they were asking for (for years) only because the medium through which that happened (Allied Races) was different than what players expected (customization of existing races).

The bottom line is that the argument still stands: Horde players’ demands were respected in this sense - they can now play as Zandalari (not right now, but will be available soon) and uncorrupted orcs, regardless of the fact that they’re not just race customizations. Alliance players however are being offered race options we’ve never asked for, not as Allied Races (we couldn’t even have asked them as AR for the aforementioned reason), not as race customizations, except for Dark Iron Dwarves.

2 Likes

Like, i’m ok with this.

I just want them to be a bit different from the other elves. Like Nozdormu is.

1 Like

They can use either human model as a base for HE or Nigh elven one (like the older version of HE).

If they can create Kul Tirans AR with only one of the human model types available then they can certainly use this suggestion.

So, you want Hanzo cosplays in WoW, got ya.

I believe Fat KTs use the Orc rig, Normal KTs use the Human rig and Thin KTs use the female Undead rig.

We need to not forget the fact that the Quel’dorei and Sin’dorei both share the same ancestors. For example Lorthemar and even Sylvanas were once Quel’dorei. So, they can’t just make them look THAT different as if they came from an entire different specie, they need to maintain some features of each other to show that they both were once 1 nation.

They did this successfully with the Nightborne, although they are the same race as the Kaldorei, bred with each other and lived with each other, they made them look distinct yet still resemble each other. They gave them a different idle stance, different facial features, different skins/hair colors and added accessories/tattoos which the Kaldorei don’t use. All of those things can be applied to the Quel’dorei. They’ll look unique, but still have the Thalassian features like the other Thalassian Elves.

3 Likes

I think that KTs use Pandaren one, but I am not sure.

My point was that Kul Tiran NPCs use all of the types but for gameplay purposes KT AR only have the bulky one available, this could be applied to HE as well if they used the old versions. Even Nightborne NPCs and Allied race might look more different than the HE AR and other HE NPCs in comparisson.

They’re not Pandaren, the crotch of the Pandaren is far too close to the ground with it’s stubby legs.

I know what you were saying, I was just confirming that rigs used for them.

1 Like

I definitely remember it like this as well.

Back in the day I could understand holding off the High Elves because the population issue wouldn’t be solved if Alliance got them, but now they’re just taking the piss with the Alliance.

1 Like

It didn’t make sense back in the day, as much as it not making sense today. The day they released the Blood Elves is also the day they released the Draenei that crashed on Azeroth. The amount of players and the supposedly amount of Draenei on the Exodar sure didn’t add up, i’ll leave the rest to your imagination.

However, adding the Void Elves as a race sure pushed them into a corner they cannot get out of. So i’m wondering what argument they will use next.

The addition of Void Elves single handedly debunked both of the arguments he used:
Population: check
Sharing model: check
After the comments he made, we made our stance clear, that we want the Nightborne treatment for the High Elves too, they successfully altered the idle stance and gave them everything to standout, this can and will work for the High Elves.

I’m personally 100% positive that the High Elves will be playable sooner rather than later, because the faith i still have in Blizzard tells me that they don’t want to be painted as the hypocrites they currently are, and will actually listen and give the Alliance the race that actually helped establish the faction itself.

5 Likes

Not to mention the lore gymnastics and retcons needed to actually make both those races playable.

1 Like

Exactly, while i wrote that comment, i was actually thinking: We keep mentioning the Void Elves, but what about the Light Forged Draenei? The ritual is supposed to be SO harsh and difficult the majority fail, only a couple manage to finish it. Yet there are many players running as a Light Forged Draenei.

The hypocrisy.

1 Like